Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZER0 DX View Post
    Wait, area drops aren't affected by boost items? That just made my hunt for Hyakka Ryouran an even bigger nightmare than I thought.

Good to know I've been wasting boosts on that Volcano EM for no reason then.
    And boosting Xmas eq for lightning Espada.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Well, there's like no reason to run XH caves unless leveling.

I am interpreting that sentence differently from you guys.

All Dio weapons have the same drop rate, which means that even if you use a booster, all of them will still have the same relative chance of dropping among each other.
    I think he simply means that you cannot force one of them to drop more often than another.

If so, XHs and UQs both profit from using a drop ticket. It's just the latter where you cannot control your hunt as the Dio items all have the same relative chance of dropping among all enemies, no matter what you do.
    That's my take on it anyway.

The way it was described explains a few things very specifically.

To summarize what was said:

1. An area drop will be something that drops from every monster on the map regardless of what it is. In ULT's case, every Dio weapon can be found from every monster.

2. Even under the effect of a Rare Drop Booster, for a Dio weapon or any other area drop, it performs that drop check only once. Unique drops will have whatever Drop Rate bonuses you have applied to it's checks. Class drop modifiers and bonuses do not apply here. Got a FO that seems to be finding too many HU drops? It's due to pure RNG. But based on this, I honestly have no idea how drop checks handle any boost rate that's not exactly divisible by 100%. (Inb4 anyone says you can receive half of a rare)

3. His reasoning was for Area drops was that he wanted areas and items that could be played and hunted for by every class regardless. Though in the case of ULT, that generally amounts to cube fodder for us.

I would argue that items like Hyakka Ryouran may not be too bad to find as most people are making it out to be, simply because it can potentially drop from everything in the EM, as opposed to looking for one specific monster, that then has a small chance of dropping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    I am interpreting that sentence differently from you guys.

All Dio weapons have the same drop rate, which means that even if you use a booster, all of them will still have the same relative chance of dropping among each other.
    I think he simply means that you cannot force one of them to drop more often than another.

If so, XHs and UQs both profit from using a drop ticket. It's just the latter where you cannot control your hunt as the Dio items all have the same relative chance of dropping among all enemies, no matter what you do.
    That's my take on it anyway.
    I'm pretty sure it does mean the drop boosters don't work on area drops period. I've spent 100+ hours hunting Anga and have noticed no difference on dio drops between when I have 250%s on, or no boost active at all. 11*s I've noticed do drop more with boosters active. I can't comment on 12* mob drops because I've only ever seen two.

Quote Originally Posted by HaxMega View Post
    I'm pretty sure it does mean the drop boosters don't work on area drops period.
    Boosters don't work on TD exclusive 11* too (PP cost reduction, JA Combo latent ones). But that makes me wondering if it's the same for exclusive drops from Elder/Loser/Magatsu. I'm kinda thinking that's the case too, cause of the drop amount of those in quest record. Then that would mean i can save my boosters i intended to use on Loser for Niren Orochi, to get some 13*s. Sounds almost like a contradictory game design tbh but who knows...
    Last edited by Cyber Meteor; Dec 26, 2014 at 07:51 PM.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

that sounds pretty fucked up for boosters to not work on TD exclusive stuff
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

I've updated my post when you were posting yours, but when you look at nb of 11* TD exclusives compared to 11* elder's and co in that TD quest, the amount is really close to 250/300% less than them besides they can drop in Normal.
    Last edited by Cyber Meteor; Dec 26, 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Meteor View Post
    Boosters don't work on TD exclusive 11* too (PP cost reduction, JA Combo latent ones). But that makes me wondering if it's the same for exclusive drops from Elder/Loser/Magatsu. I'm kinda thinking that's the case too, cause of the drop amount of those in quest record. Then that would mean i can save my boosters i intended to use on Loser for Niren Orochi, to get some 13*s. Sounds almost like a contradictory game design tbh but who knows...
    The reason the drop amount is so low on Falz/Magatsu are because those weapons can drop in a box. TD exclusive 11* weapons can never be found untekked, even with a Vraolet. Quest records in general just got way more unreliable with the addition of the Zeig orders that make everything drop untekked.
    Last edited by HaxMega; Dec 26, 2014 at 08:32 PM.

Having confirmation that breaking Anga's bits doesn't improve 13* rates any is nice.

I hope those Harukotan themed outfits will be recolorable. Also hopping for a black recolor of the female fleshy outfit.
    Last edited by Rakurai; Dec 26, 2014 at 09:08 PM.