Default hu/fi sword/gunslash help?

Don't want to necro the previous thread so I'll just ask the question here.

I'm planning on maining a hunter while subbing fighter with sword/gunslash.

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00fdoIb000000f

^Not a fan of this build imo although I've never played melee other than braver [katana] so I don't think the HP is necessary.

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00fdoIb000000f

^This build seems okay, but again, I'm clueless about sword priorities.

Should I opt for maxing wise/brave stance (one or the other)?
    Should I bother with deadline slayer?

Please and thanks! Help would be apprectiated~

1) 1 point in Step Advance should be fine;
    2) Max Fury Combo Up;
    3) Max PP Slayer;
    4) If you are going to main Swords, Automate Halfline will be really helpful, Massive Hunter is optional;
    5) Don't miss out on All Guard;
    6) Even if you say "Sword/Gunslash", you shouldn't underestimate usefulness of other weapons that are available to you. In particular, Partizan potentially allows you to clear out entire spawns of enemies in a single Assault Buster or Slide End, Wired Lance has a boss-destroying PA, Twin Daggers are useful for aerial mobility and i-frames;
    7) Fighter is not Braver or Bouncer, so having 2 stances can be much more important. Pure Brave is used for crit/LB builds, but since you are going to main Hunter - get both Brave and Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    1) 1 point in Step Advance should be fine;
    2) Max Fury Combo Up;
    3) Max PP Slayer;
    4) If you are going to main Swords, Automate Halfline will be really helpful, Massive Hunter is optional;
    5) Don't miss out on All Guard;
    6) Even if you say "Sword/Gunslash", you shouldn't underestimate usefulness of other weapons that are available to you. In particular, Partizan potentially allows you to clear out entire spawns of enemies in a single Assault Buster or Slide End, Wired Lance has a boss-destroying PA, Twin Daggers are useful for aerial mobility and i-frames;
    7) Fighter is not Braver or Bouncer, so having 2 stances can be much more important. Pure Brave is used for crit/LB builds, but since you are going to main Hunter - get both Brave and Wise.
    Cheers

Yea, I'm noticing the usefulness of actually using other weapons so this is something I have to get used to. I'm just usually limited since I can't buy all class weapons because I'm not premium [yet]. I guess I can go for bio, but I'm using my stones for primary weapons like bio janen for my other characters.

Almost everyone who mains Hunter buys 5 points in War Brave. It's a very good damage and PP regen increase.

Because of that you will find yourself war crying a lot - most enemies will face you, not against you, so no need to buy wise stance.

Automate Halfline is good. Massive Hunter and Flash Guard? Also good. Though if you mostly play sword, MH is not as useful as usual because a lot of very useful sword PAs can't be interrupted anyway.

PP Slayer is awesome and should be maxed out. Deadline slayer less so - it's a thing for people who main Fi and use Limit Break.

Here's a build I suggest for HUmain for people who want dual stance, or don't like using Limit Break.

You can cut Wise Stance, and get a bunch of points into Chase skills for extra an extra 30% damage on XH/UQ mobs that are fat enough to get statused without a sliver of health remaining. Not a great option, and Wise Stance has better usage on bossing (in that it has A use while bossing; chase skills do nothing for bosses whatsoever).

Halfline/Deadline FI skills are ass with Automate Halfline because they'll never be active unless you're completely out of mates.

Warbrave isn't that good.
    Requires 5 enemies in relatively close proximity, that's not that hard to get but sometimes enemies just love to appear in groups of 3. And Pointless for bosses.
    Not to mention without maxing warcry you have a 16 second gap between buffs and in general having to refresh something every 30 seconds is pretty annoying. Especially sword hu has no time for anything because just getting sword ready takes forever (compared to well, just attack > ja pa with partizan or WL).

Also, Iron Will is amazing, even though this board hates on it for some reason.

There can always be that time you are not at 100% hp after automate kicks in but then a boss or enemy does massive damage or enemies play ping pong with you (goddamn Onis sometimes kick me around like a soccer ball, not to mention ult).
    And no, the delay you have after getting hit before Automate kicks in is not the same lag that makes IW useless. Been there, done that, having both with Automate not keeping up with enemy hits but IW saving me 3 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Warbrave isn't that good.
    Requires 5 enemies in relatively close proximity, that's not that hard to get but sometimes enemies just love to appear in groups of 3. And Pointless for bosses.
    Yeah, it's mostly useful for mobbing, which is ~90% of the game. Something that's useful 90% of the time is pretty good.
    Not to mention without maxing warcry you have a 16 second gap between buffs and in general having to refresh something every 30 seconds is pretty annoying. Especially sword hu has no time for anything because just getting sword ready takes forever (compared to well, just attack > ja pa with partizan or WL).
    It's 30s duration regardless of levels in Warcry.

Also, Iron Will is amazing, even though this board hates on it for some reason.

There can always be that time you are not at 100% hp after automate kicks in but then a boss or enemy does massive damage or enemies play ping pong with you (goddamn Onis sometimes kick me around like a soccer ball, not to mention ult).
    And no, the delay you have after getting hit before Automate kicks in is not the same lag that makes IW useless. Been there, done that, having both with Automate not keeping up with enemy hits but IW saving me 3 times in a row.
    I use both, albeit on separate trees for different builds (HU/FI uses Massive Automate, FI/HU uses Iron Will+NGU). I've gotten the same double-tap through Iron Will and Automate Halfline just about as often. Difference is that you'd die in N hits, Automate will need a game update before N hits register (so surviving at <N hits), Iron Will needs N hits or less (surviving at <=N hits with a 75% chance), and neither build survives more than N hits without the game updating damage/HP.

Iron Will definitely has an advantage of taking a hit significantly higher than 50% of max health (and is able to survive >100% HP damage in one hit, natch). Though, in either case, it'd be much better to just block the attack. It's not worth eating the attack and potentially dying on either build, now, is it?

If Ogars are giving you problems, then you need more Chaos Riser in your life. That attack prioritizes the head on them, meaning any Riser with gear behind it will break their heads and cause them to fall over, even if you use it on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Yeah, it's mostly useful for mobbing, which is ~90% of the game. Something that's useful 90% of the time is pretty good.
    Yet most players here will scoff at a build that is 10% weaker at killing bosses but 40% stronger at killing mobs, heh.

I'm not a fan of War Cry and War Bravery at all, but I agree with Walkure's point heartily.

Even if you have weapons of choice, do not underestimate the other five weapons HU/FI can wield, as many have stated before me.

I do not think a HU/FI tree dedicated to swords and gunblades would be much different - if at all - from a regular HU/FI tree; it's about what you prefer.

My recommendation would be not to completely waste 10 SP on the useless PP Slayer skill. It's already quite bad with weapons dedicated to it, but paired with swords and gunblades, just no.
    Both gunblades and swords benefit a lot from Massive Hunter, so you should get that even on a Fury tree. You will not be able to get everything, though, so choose accordingly, especially since you do not want too many active skills.