Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That makes sense. Good on Sony, then. I guess SEGA is quickly turning into a lumbering company that sleeps on all its good IPs, waiting for someone to come around and throw money at them to get it done.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Does Sony own Yakuza now? Cause I know Reggie (if memory serves me right) has licensing rights to Bayonetta.

No they don't, and Nintendo doesn't own Bayonetta either, they are SEGA IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by fighgunners View Post
    Yup. So don't expect PSO2 to ever actually be released as is from outside of Japan.
    Is anybody actually still waiting for it to at this point?

That's fine though. Modern iterations of Phantasy Star have very little to do with anything I'd recognize as Phantasy Star anymore, and I almost have to thank Sega. Had they released it, I'd have downloaded it and probably spent a bunch of money and time on it - all the while frustrated and pissed off that it isn't Phantasy Star. Now that they said I can't have it... I'm fine with it. Chalk Phantasy Star up on the pile of other old Sega IPs that we'll only ever see decent versions of on emulators.

If Sega doesn't want my money, then, fuck - I'll just have to give it to Bethesda instead.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jan 12, 2015 at 05:11 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    That's fine though. Modern iterations of Phantasy Star have very little to do with anything I'd recognize as Phantasy Star anymore, and I almost have to thank Sega. Had they released it, I'd have downloaded it and probably spent a bunch of money and time on it - all the while frustrated and pissed off that it isn't Phantasy Star. Now that they said I can't have it... I'm fine with it.
    And then when they finish eating your soul, you wander the PSOW PSO2 section PSO2 graveyard trying to warn newcomers that they're letting a horrible game eat their soul, but being unable to help yourself from trolling them for their naivete.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Sony treats their fanbase better compared to SEGA.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

And never expect another new console either!

With that said, why the hell do I keep seeing so many videos on the Dreamcast 2 when it's never going to come?

AM3 got trapped in the Disney vault and started making it in there. But then they got out and left it behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Is anybody actually still waiting for it to at this point?

That's fine though. Modern iterations of Phantasy Star have very little to do with anything I'd recognize as Phantasy Star anymore, and I almost have to thank Sega. Had they released it, I'd have downloaded it and probably spent a bunch of money and time on it - all the while frustrated and pissed off that it isn't Phantasy Star. Now that they said I can't have it... I'm fine with it. Chalk Phantasy Star up on the pile of other old Sega IPs that we'll only ever see decent versions of on emulators.

If Sega doesn't want my money, then, fuck - I'll just have to give it to Bethesda instead.
    I'm not waiting but I'd definitely check it out if it ever comes. Not sure if I'd abandon the JP version though.

PSO2 doesn't feel anything like classic Phantasy Star though. Even PSO didn't exactly feel like it either, but it was better than PSO2 with its atmosphere.

Still, I'd rather give my money to Sega than Bethesda.

Not even Final Fantasy feels like older final fantasy, and it's the only franchise that has managed to be alive today with a name. People hate the new games? sure, but they still sell, and they still make them and try to change the formula every time. Phantasy Star is not the only unrecognisable franchise that is alive today, Shining Force since Tears entered the hentai dimension never to return.