Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile PSO2 ending, maybe?

Hey you guys just getting worry about this issue I am having from the trend that I have seen in the Phantasy star games; a start and a beginning.

Phantasy star online was the first to take the game to a whole new stage with a level cap of 200 and weapons going up to 10 stars

then came Phantasy star Universe with the same 200 levels and weapons that go up to 15 stars

then came portable for phantasy star online and infinite which used the level 200 formula and weapons that reach to 16 stars

Now Phantasy star online 2 has a/(was) max level of 75 soon going to be 80 and the weapons are already reaching level 13 stars.

does this mean in the next 2 or 3 years the level of weapons will reach to 15 stars or more and units as well?

And how shall Phantasy star online 2 continue the game process when 15 stars weapons are introduce at (say) level 100. I'm guessing at level 100 because it seems unlikely that 14 or 15 stars are going to be introduce at level 200 because that would be a long wait.

I would guess the game might end after level 100 has been achieved and 15 stars are introduced afterwords; perhaps 1 year of having game online then shut it down and build a whole new project called Phantasy star online 3.

and building the whole game back up to 1 star weapons with new features.

Would this this sound likely going to happened and would it be disappointing?

just some worries.

Thanks for reading

PSO2 ending in 2 or 3 years? Nah, Sega plans for it to last 10 years (I'd be surprise if it does).

IMO, I say at least another 4-5 years left (if things can get better that is).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    PSO2 ending in 2 or 3 years? Nah, Sega plans for it to last 10 years (I'd be surprise if it does).

IMO, I say at least another 4-5 years left (if things can get better that is).
    Thanks that means only 4-5 more years of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionxglave View Post
    Thanks that means only 4-5 more years of fun.
    Until they rehash the same thing later? I wouldn't be worried in that case.

Nah, the game are progressing real slow now.

- Even every weapon type get 1 *13, we barely see more *11 units.
    - We have yet to see apprentice and double falz form.
    - XH only available for some EQ ATM.
    - Level 75 as current cap, and level 80 cap raise are nowhere to be seen on current roadmap.
    - The chance we'll see sidestory for PSO2 story, making story progress longer.
    - Chance for new class

At current state, this game felt so lacking and unfinished but they'll take advantage of this situation to keep milking on this game as long there's lots of active player.

To be honest, the game feels very stale lately even with Magatsu EQ, it is only a single quest and a timed one at that.

Seems Sega didn't learn from the last months where I hoped that they would let us keep playing a different LQ each event.

Sure there's Ultimate, but the drop rates are so awful it feels unrewarding and the endless grind makes me feel like playing something else, which I usually do.

The game feels better to play since the EP3 update, but still we need more stuff to keep the game fresh.

Also as a side note, my friendlist vanished, which means I'm not the only one that feels that way. It's worrying.

If this drip fed content trend keeps up I'm not sure I'll keep playing, as the game's feeling grindy again. we may not be grinding for levels anymore, but the new gear drop rates are terrible, and no tickets to alleviate the pain...

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    Sure there's Ultimate, but the drop rates are so awful it feels unrewarding and the endless grind makes me feel like playing something else, which I usually do.
    Way ahead of ya!

If this drip fed content trend keeps up I'm not sure I'll keep playing, as the game's feeling grindy again. we may not be grinding for levels anymore, but the new gear drop rates are terrible, and no tickets to alleviate the pain...
    This reminds me back then when 10 and 11 stars had abysmal drop rates.......how long did it took them to get decent rates again?

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

To be honest, the game feels very stale lately even with Magatsu EQ, it is only a single quest and a timed one at that.

Seems Sega didn't learn from the last months where I hoped that they would let us keep playing a different LQ each event.

The game feels better to play since the EP3 update, but still we need more stuff to keep the game fresh.

Also as a side note, my friendlist vanished, which means I'm not the only one that feels that way. It's worrying.

Yeah even I noticed my friend list is starting to get inactive. Considering they've said nothing but Ultimate Lillipa and the roadmap goes up till March, this really worries me. Yeah there is C-mode and all but if what I've learned from Sega, it'll most likely be an RNG fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

why your guy so worried about 13*.they didn't use 13* to kill makatsu in 31sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionxglave View Post
    Now Phantasy star online 2 has a/(was) max level of 75 soon going to be 80 and the weapons are already reaching level 13 stars.

does this mean in the next 2 or 3 years the level of weapons will reach to 15 stars or more and units as well?

And how shall Phantasy star online 2 continue the game process when 15 stars weapons are introduce at (say) level 100. I'm guessing at level 100 because it seems unlikely that 14 or 15 stars are going to be introduce at level 200 because that would be a long wait.
    PSO2 has had Psycho Wand since VH back in 2012. Few more 12*s were added since, but VH was still the highest difficulty. And now we have just one set of 13*s, but no 12* units yet, and no new UQs for several months. Level caps are also done like two-three times a year, so 100 shouldn't happen until 2016 at the very earliest, and I wouldn't expect to see a single 14* by then, never mind 15*s. Maybe a few more 13*s, if the upcoming UQs will even have new 13*s. There's a distinct possibility that distorted creatures in the future will all share the same drops.

Plus there's the whole stated plan for PSO2 to last 10 years. Which is completely believable with how slowly content is added, if for no other reason.

Also, level 80 isn't going to happen until like, 5-6+ months from now. I guess that's "soon", but I don't really agree with that definition.