Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Default SEGA threatening to ban players who abuse Chain Vol/Banish

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=4998

The bug will be fixed next maintenance, but they've put out a warning that players who intentionally abuse it may be banned. Just in time for the scheduled Magatsu!

I doubt they can actually keep track of who's using Chain Vol/Banish, but they did actually ban people in the Danbo Suit incident, so...

I guess they couldn't get the fix done in time for yesterday's update. I dunno how I feel. I mean, on one hand, it's fairly shitty of them to ban people for creative use of game mechanics in a rather laid back PvE game. I mean, it's not like there's any world firsts or PvP (well, time attacks, but I don't think this trick is relevant to those) at stake here. On the other, even just a week of organized Magatsu farming would lead to an absurd amount of excubes with which to trivialize grinding.
    Last edited by Xaeris; Jan 15, 2015 at 04:29 AM.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

lmao. Might as well ban people who abused anga farming. Might as well ban people who abused exit bursts. What the actual fuck sega?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Taking advantage of mechanics is cheating!

I should have so many fraudulent charges against my name in that case.

Yeah seriously where is Sega starting to threatening to hand out bans to those who quad-dash?

What about the people who did Code skipping in Amdusica TA? What about the exploit that kills the wave of enemies with one Satalite cannon in Nab II? I know I'm ranting a lot but this is seriously retarded.

Also if they really want to stop players from doing this then why not do an Emergency Maintenance or better yet, why didn't you do it this patch?
    Last edited by EvilMag; Jan 15, 2015 at 04:37 AM.
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Sega seems to enjoy sucking the little enjoyment that's in the game saying they are fixing when in reality they are doing it so more players are thirsty for "content".

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    I doubt they can actually keep track of who's using Chain Vol/Banish, but they did actually ban people in the Danbo Suit incident, so...
    It really wouldn't be hard if you could query for instances of damage above a certain value, class combinations in each quest, quest time results, or a number of things really. Good question if they actually have any of those resources that they'd be willing to search through.

What was the Danbo Suit incident?

edit: read below, I got it wrong. _(:3
    Last edited by Z-0; Jan 15, 2015 at 04:52 AM.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I might be a bit off, but the Danbo Suit incident was that you could enter the code on multiple systems at the same time and everyone would receive the item, so people abused teh fuck out of that.

*citation needed
    Might as well add that at that point they sold for 20-30 mil a piece and some people made quick money from that.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Pretty much people entered and exited the building at the festa event to get multiple Danbo codes. Sega handed out one week bans to people who registered more than one code at the same time.