Post [Fo/Br] Force/Braver Skills & MAG Stats S.O.S.

Hey guys, I'm struggling trying to find information about Force Class with Braver as sub, there's really not much out there...

Regarding my style of gameplay, I love the elemental weaknesses/wide elemental skills tree. So, choosing Braver as a subclass I should focus on weak stance and bow weapons (Rikauteri) and/or katanas (Shunka)? What do you think? I would like to know the best way to sync Fo/Br in battle and which skills should I focus on both classes.

Last but not least, how should I evolve my MAG stats? Normally being FO you just focus on T-ATK and that's it, but maybe this is not the case.

Thank you very much in advance!

P.S: Found these Fo/Br gameplay videos, interesting to understand a little better how both classes sync together:
    youtube.com/watch?v=Ca24blFzdaQ
    youtube.com/watch?v=MgA_cxC0xqw
    youtube.com/watch?v=vK7muN3tiYk
    youtube.com/watch?v=CsLhuglW7ps
    Last edited by SquallAdv; Jan 17, 2015 at 01:47 PM.
    「道草を楽しめ。大いにな。欲しい物より大切な物がきっとそっちに転がってる。」— ジン=フリークス
    "You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." — Ging Freecss

FO/BR is also a casting class, so you won't be using a Katana, ever. Rikauteri is the way to go (and maybe Ice Vibras Bow for special cases like Il-Barta on Falz Arm). The Mag would still be pure T-ATK, since any Range-Type attack you do with a Bow is negligible and is pretty much limited to when you regenerate PP. For skills, focus on anything that increases Tech damage, PP regeneration, and utility. Something like THIS.
    I opt not to use Rapid Shoot Up, since, as I said earlier, any range attack is negligible damage, anyway. Charge Shoot is mainly for faster bullet speed, which will be helpful since charged normals are better than uncharged attacks for PP regeneration (which is only useful during Rapid Shoot, BTW). You can transfer points from Attack Advance into Step Advance if you really want more invincibility (but after the 4th point, it only adds 0.1 seconds per point).

Keep in mind that FO/BR is VERY limited in PP compared to FO/TE, so it'll be tougher to play well. You'll most likely need a Gunslash to recover PP, as well. The 12* Queen Vieira is the best one for that, but if you can't get that, then the 10* Call Cipher would be your 2nd choice.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Jan 17, 2015 at 08:36 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Thumbs up

Thanks for your answer! By the way I'm curious about your Newearl FO/TE/BR character, can you give me more details on the build and style of gameplay?
    "You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." — Ging Freecss

I primarily play FO/TE in most cases (having multiple specialized trees as usual for non-freemium FO). At one point, I decided to level BR from scratch to do TD1 as FO/BR, since I figured it would be more efficient for killing stuff quickly (the shorter waves means more frequent downtime on wave intermissions, making PP management not as difficult). Since then, I have done other stuff as FO/BR, such as the Falz Arm portion of Elder's EQ. I haven't tried out TE/BR yet, but maybe I will sometime. Me listing FO/TE/BR is just for listing all of the class I bother to use with the character.
    I rarely use FO/BR as a whole, though, since it's more efficient to use FO/TE in most cases.
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

I play as FO/BR on one of my characters. I've got 3 BR trees too, one for katana/average, one for bow/weak, and the last one is a utility tree with weak/average. Out of all those trees I find myself using the utility tree 90% of the time. As a FO/BR you need to play smart. You cannot spam like you would as a FO/TE. Personally I've crafted most of my techs for either reduced pp cost, or reduced cast time since thanks to weak stance you'll pretty much overkill enemies.

I've got two mags, one mostly T-atk (130+) and a S-atk/T-atk hybrid for those days when I like to pop average stance and a katana and go melee. Rikauteri + Charge escape + Chase Arrow + Banish arrow makes for some very interesting and fun burst damage possibilities on bosses.
    PSO2 Ship 10
    Ozucrei: 75/75 FO/XX (FI/RA/GU/BR/BO) newearl
    Eggplant: 75/75 XX/BR (TE/BO/FI) caseal

Through Fire, Justice is served.

There's a couple of things that Fo/Br excels at over Fo/Te. However both of these classes are PURE teching classes.

Fo/Br does not have as much PP regen as a Fo/Te however, they will by far outdamage Fo/Te simply because of Weak Stance. One of Fo/Br's biggest problems is the equipment barrier though, theres a lot of equipment that will make of break Fo/Br

Fo/Br also has access to Step Attack and Snatch Step which can make TA runs faster if you're someone who does Quad Dashing and so forth.

While Fo/Br is purely teching still, that doesn't mean you won't be using Katanas or Bows. You'll most definitely want Rikauteri, with Ice element. You'll use this to do an Il Barta, Banish Arrow combo which can completely destroy bosses. Do 4 uncharged Il Bartas, then banish arrow and do the last 3 Il Bartas. A very potent combo.

Meanwhile for Katanas you'll want Aseracta. Which is a katana with T-ATK. You'll use this to kill some mobs in small cases, but mostly its useful to zondeel a group of mobs and recover PP with. There's also the new 12* gunslash with Spirit Radiance which has 60 or 80% PP recovery from attacks, so thats also a great idea for PP recovery as a Fo/Br or even Fo/Te.

Last thing you'll want which is for the biggest of tryhards, is the Rondakrus, which is a pair of 11* Jet Boots. After you get a bunch of PP and craft these to be Force equippable, you'll be able to breeze through things like TAs with that kind of mobility and having enough damage to destroy stuff with Foie.

Overall the class plays pretty similar to Fo/Te with some differences in mobility, PP recovery, and some Banish Arrow combos. Everyone else touched on skill builds. its pretty basic, you really just need to max out Weak Stance and kind of put points in everything else you want based on utility for Br tree. And then three Fo trees for each element is ideal. And of course I'd get a maxed out mag with 190 T-ATK for best damage results.

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU

Quote Originally Posted by nathanielzor View Post
    Do 4 uncharged Il Bartas, then banish arrow and do the last 3 Il Bartas. A very potent combo.
    Just to add to this, do 4 charged Il-Bartas before Banish Arrow if you have the Concentrated recipe for it. If you have the Ice Fang recipe, then do 5 uncharged ones first. And if you have time prior to set-up 3 Chase Arrows, they also add (albeit only a tiny bit of) damage to Banish Arrow, since uncharged techniques don't trigger Chase Arrow.
    This combo alone is why I choose to do Falz Arm as a FO/BR (and why an Ice Vibras Bow is preferred over Ice Rikauteri in this case, since Ancient Oath won't have an effect if you use ice on Arms), since you can detonate Banish Arrow for over 1 million damage, and it'll most likely hit multiple Arms due to them often overlapping.
    Characters

Should look into Fire, Dark and Light Rikauteris as well. Ilbarta is not the best bossing tech in a lot of situations, and you'd be better stacking Ilfoie, Namegid or Ragrants on some enemies.

However that's just really expensive because... Rikauteri is mega expensive. . _.

Great help! Thanks for your comments!!