Page 159 of 252 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159160161162169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2517

After extensively bossing with my Rikauteri, it appears that I do more damage with select Technics for
    Banish Arrow than others.

Out of all the Technics, I take the highest damage with Ilbarta chain (on ice-weak bosses). After Ilbarta,
    it would be Ragrants (thanks to the Light Mastery build); after Ragrants, it would probably be either Gimegid
    or Zonde [Type-0] (when the final hit doesn't get whiffed); after those two Technics, it would be Nafoie. As for
    wind, I haven't used Nazan for, since I really never soloed a boss, that was wind-weak, as a TE/BR yet.

With that all being said, what are ways to increase bossing damage with those other elements (besides Ice
    and Light)? Should I just craft those bossing Technics for more power or reduced casting time (if available)?
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    After extensively bossing with my Rikauteri, it appears that I do more damage with select Technics for
    Banish Arrow than others.

Out of all the Technics, I take the highest damage with Ilbarta chain (on ice-weak bosses). After Ilbarta,
    it would be Ragrants (thanks to the Light Mastery build); after Ragrants, it would probably be either Gimegid
    or Zonde [Type-0] (when the final hit doesn't get whiffed); after those two Technics, it would be Nafoie. As for
    wind, I haven't used Nazan for, since I really never soloed a boss, that was wind-weak, as a TE/BR yet.

With that all being said, what are ways to increase bossing damage with those other elements (besides Ice
    and Light)? Should I just craft those bossing Technics for more power or reduced casting time (if available)?

I guess something like that
    Nafoie : Concentrated
    Ilbarta : Ice Fang
    Zonde : Type Zero
    Ragrants : Concentrated
    Gimegid : Concentrated + Namegid (Umbral) : against mobile bosses, you can banish > Namegid > gimegid*2. Especially useful against Quartz and Ex since Namegid will often stun them, letting you follow-up with gimegid without fear of whiffing.
    Nazan : Concentrated OR Type Zero : Concentrated Nazan*3 vs Type Zero Nazan * 2. Concentrated is less damage and not very flexible but it eats less PP and hits directly, so it is very hard to miss, making it very reliable.. Type Zero is trickier to use and requires all the hits to connect, but more damaging , and flexible in terms of range and for hitting certain parts specifically (as in you don't need to hug stuff for it to work),.

Weaker banish elements will stay weaker unless you get multiple skill trees to cover TE elements (FO side doesn't need help in that regard anyway). using the crafts I have mentioned should help if you don't have all of them though !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Sep 27, 2016 at 02:11 PM.

i found a couple of videos showing a bit of te/br gameplay without using rikauteri, both are speedruns, the first one of the last 5 floors of the solo XQ and the second one of the darker/falzes bosses TA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO3N3E57v9s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvlyC6Zby3U
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    i found a couple of videos showing a bit of te/br gameplay without using rikauteri, both are speedruns, the first one of the last 5 floors of the solo XQ and the second one of the darker/falzes bosses TA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO3N3E57v9s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvlyC6Zby3U
    Well those runs are specified "wand only" in the description. Solo XQ doesn't even need Rikauteri because of the greatly reduced HP pools anyway.

Now don't get me wrong, Rikauteri for all reasons and purposes is still a side weapon that you use for specific situations. TE/BR is still fine without Rikauteri, and against some bosses, it's even better to not use it at all. However, it still overall vastly improves how fast you can take out some of them.

Random rant aside, nice videos, and thanks for sharing !

Hi all,

Quick question, how useful is an Elysion at end game (XH EQs and such)?

I'm currently a TeBr and planning to switch to TeFi. Figured Elysion's potential could work alongside Tech Arts JA Bonus - alternating wand smacks with uncharged techs.

Or am I just better off using a 13* wand to give bigger wand smack and tech damage?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fungchao View Post
    Hi all,

Quick question, how useful is an Elysion at end game (XH EQs and such)?

I'm currently a TeBr and planning to switch to TeFi. Figured Elysion's potential could work alongside Tech Arts JA Bonus - alternating wand smacks with uncharged techs.

Or am I just better off using a 13* wand to give bigger wand smack and tech damage?

Thanks
    you're better off using a *13 wand for smack and tech damage BUT Elysion is a nice sub wand. Some techs are very good uncharged, and Elysion's pot will let you quickly snipe stuff with those techs (Sabarta, Ilbarta, Nabarta, Sazan, Grants and a few others)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    /BR is still fine without Rikauteri, and against some bosses, it's even better to not use it at all. However, it still overall vastly improves how fast you can take out some of them.
    Wanted to start playing TE/BR main after we get reset pass since I got bored with playing FO, and having a Rikauteri is a problem for me since I don't have premium. So is it really fine not having Rikauteri even on XH? Really want to play Te main since it looks kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by arokidaaron View Post
    Wanted to start playing TE/BR main after we get reset pass since I got bored with playing FO, and having a Rikauteri is a problem for me since I don't have premium. So is it really fine not having Rikauteri even on XH? Really want to play Te main since it looks kinda fun.
    Yes it is. However TE/BR is slightly weaker than TE/FI at casting. and TE/FI also has far better mobbing. So if you're not using Rikauteri, it's a matter of either having snatch JA combo skill and katanas to move faster and be ma bit more flexible VS being overall stronger provided you can play around brave/wise stance.

Oh neat thanks for the response, so if I were to go TE/FI, which skills would I go for? Or how would my tree look in general.

Quote Originally Posted by arokidaaron View Post
    Oh neat thanks for the response, so if I were to go TE/FI, which skills would I go for? Or how would my tree look in general.
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

For TE Side there are exactly 40 points left : 20 of them are used to max mastery 1 + 2 in any given element, or even do a mix of them if you don't mind losing some firepower in each element. Most people go Light because the game is darker-heavy but wind is a very solid choice as well, and dark kinda falls short but is still very decent. 20 other points is either 5 points into deband advance and then cut + toughness maxed for being full support TE, or max PP Restore + Convert for full nuking. You can also mix things here, like drop Deband Cut and use those 10 points into restore + convert.

For FI just do whatever with the leftover points, really. Step Advance (2/3 points is enough), Halfline boost + Slayer, crazy Heart + crazy beat, PP Slayer are all solid choices, so just do whatever with those. You'll be good to go as long as you have the core skills.