Page 56 of 252 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    I'd set switching weapon palettes with the 1-6 keys above the keyboard, so you have quick access to it with your left hand. In that case, 7-9 becomes switching subpalettes. With that, you can put Weak Stance and Wand Lovers on another subpalette, and activate those on the different subpalette, then switch to your main one for the majority of the quest. This will clear up 2 spaces for more techs. You just have to remember to reactivate Weak Stance without seeing the timer when a quest lasts for over 30 minutes, though.
    Also, Anti doesn't deserve a main spot in your tech line-up. You shouldn't be status'ed that often for it to be there. What I do is put Anti and Resta on my Umblla Stick, and switch to that weapon whenever I need to use either of those. You can do the same on your Wand weapon palette for your set-up.
    And now you have 6 slots for techniques.
    And I would suggest Megiverse as one of the techniques you have on there. It's on all of my subpalettes that I use often as a caster, and it's a much faster way to heal than Resta (and for much less PP, too). Uncharged efficient-crafted Megiverse to any quick attack(s) that doesn't move you too much should heal you completely.

Also, if you haven't already, you can set the number pad to activate subpalette stuff, and activate your active skills that way. You can afford to move your right hand off the mouse for a second for those, anyway, since they have activation animations.
    A bunch of great ideas, definitely going to be stealing the idea of dropping Anti & Resta on a Rod.
    Another thing I didn't mention is that I have Shifta & Deband on the weapon action swap, and then usually auto attack & Zondeel on my wand.

For those 6 techs I now have access too I assume just it'd just make sense to put more rarely used things on 6 & 7, along with heavily used spells on 8-0 as I have them now then just scrolling to the ones you need?

I'm thinking with weapon swaps on 1-6 that I'd be able to re-allocate my mouse's scroll wheel to scrolling along the sub-palette, but I do like the precision of individual key presses.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Swap subpalette to numpad and make weapon swaps on 1-0. Move weak stance/wand lovers to a diff subpalette and just activate them whenever you start a mission then back to your usable subpalette.

And I have to ask, just to be sure, what are you using katanas for as Te/Br? I hope just the occasional KF.

edit: fking ninja'd . 3.
    Yep, just the occasional Combat Finish (3/10 Katana Combat, 5/5 Combat Finish.)
    That and it's fun with PP Convert for just zipping around the map.

I've got one Katana that's Asagiri-rendan > Kanran-kikyou > Asagiri-rendan, the other just being Kanran-kikyou x3.

--

However as I don't have a numpad activating 1-4 is still a slight issue, but as you mentioned they do have an activation time so moving my hand to a slightly uncomfortable spot isn't a huge issue, especially since having weapons on 1-6 makes things a lot simpler.

I also have Shifta and Deband on the same Umblla Stick. There's no need for the regular attack as I'll only switch to it for the support techs and for red crystals (which you can break with a tech if no one else is there to break it for you), so I just overwrite that regular attack slot with one of the support techs.
    But since you have two wand slots, another option is that you can put Shifta/Deband on one Wand and Resta/Anti on the other. Or you can used that 6th unused slot to do what I do and save the Wand's slots for other, more used techs.

Also, I would suggest putting the most used techs slots in the middle of the 5-0 range and not at the end, since that'll make it so, on average, you won't have to scroll through more slots to get to the ones at the far ends.

And no number pad, huh. Playing on a laptop or something? But yeah...number pad access makes certain things more convenient.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Oh, yeah that's what I meant.
    Anti/Resta + Shifta/Deband on a Rod, Auto Attack/Tech (usually Zondeel) + Shifta/Deband on my Wand.

Nope, just using a small keyboard. I'd give you a link but I've not got the permissions.
    Specifically bought it because the F1-F3 keys were situated in a specific postion for WoW arena, but that's a time long past.
    Noppoo Choc Mini 84 if you wanna take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post

You only need one Rikauteri. Doesn't even have to be 50 element. Element doesn't matter for Te/Br tech usage.

What about the Ancient Oath potential? Is it based on the weapon's element or tech's element?

Tech's element. Weapon element (and %) only matters for Fo main with element conversion (so FoBr, basically).

Ah, that makes sense, I can't believe I forgot about that part. Thanks~

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Minor techer buff that I haven't heard about til now: "In Tekuta of class skills "Territory burst", "wide support", and then change as skill effect is applied even if you do not charge the technique of interest."
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by zeniside View Post
    Oh, yeah that's what I meant.
    Anti/Resta + Shifta/Deband on a Rod, Auto Attack/Tech (usually Zondeel) + Shifta/Deband on my Wand.

Nope, just using a small keyboard. I'd give you a link but I've not got the permissions.
    Specifically bought it because the F1-F3 keys were situated in a specific postion for WoW arena, but that's a time long past.
    Noppoo Choc Mini 84 if you wanna take a look.
    After seeing you USB Keyboard, it's just like mine, but mine is just a local brand xD

Anyway, why not putting subpalette usage on F1-F10? That'll make it easier to reach.

Also, if you have a mouse with side-button(s), you can turn mouse wheel scroll into 'subpalette scroll' and the side-button into 'use selected subpalette'. This is how I mainly use Zondeel (for FO, TE with wand usually has Zondeel set on weapon palette) and other things that need quick access to (like Compound Tech and Ilzonde)
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

So, thoughts on the new 13 star wand? Is it worth getting? How does it compare to the others?

It's worse in every meaningful way to current existing 13*s, but better than everything that isn't a 13*.

Oh wait, I forgot, its potential only affects PAs and techs. It's utterly useless for wand melee. Still better than Pristine Small Hammer though.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jun 10, 2015 at 12:13 PM.