Page 115 of 252 FirstFirst ... 1565105112113114115116117118125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Oh, thanks, I didn't even see those. XD My bad. Either way, it's just a matter of leveling up, there's no need to build for dex in the long run.

You could try extending them instead, or, if you're patient enough to get all the photon boosters for their latent you could get a rainbow set of extended red wands.
    I haven''t read up on how to get photon boosters, I'll look into it. As far as extending a wand, that seems like that'd work. The damage variance from extension only works on the physical part of damage right? If so, I suppose that would work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Batter View Post
    The damage variance from extension only works on the physical part of damage right? If so, I suppose that would work out.
    No, it's for both parts, but once you get to silva materials it's not as bad. Extended red wands are actually stronger than PSHs anyway.

No, it's for both parts, but once you get to silva materials it's not as bad. Extended red wands are actually stronger than PSHs anyway.
    Huh, okay thanks. So I have one more question. In order to use the pristine small hammer, you definitely have to make a mag for it or something, right? Because Im looking at the stat calculator thing, and you never really hit 425 dex until level 68-70ish?

I dont know if Im looking at this wrong or what, but it seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Hi! I'm using this build atm

T-ATK or S-ATK mag?
    Last edited by .razor.; Feb 8, 2016 at 05:51 PM.

I will be testing out some TE/FI. Assuming chase bonuses are active as much as possible you're looking at probably the highest mobbing damage potential in the game (which is what we specialize in anyway).

My only concern is boss performance because generally it will only be effective on bosses that can trigger any kind of status effect. Even so, status effect not present, it doesn't trail too far behind, and bossing has never really been our specialty (if using wands). Thing is, as a TE/FI we get access to backhand smash. However then we could debate the loss of Massive Hunter and Automate as being bad (or Braver tree stuff).

I think it's worth checking out.

I'd be more interested if the rate was higher. 15% doesn't seem very good if it's still reduced by enemy SE resistance. :/

I'd be more interested if the rate was higher. 15% doesn't seem very good if it's still reduced by enemy SE resistance. :/
    It's true the number isn't as high as I'd expect to be kind of "wow"d by its addition to the Techer. If we think in terms of the most unlucky person on the planet though and we bring statistics in to it, we're looking at 1 in 6-7 swings triggering a status effect explosion, and given how often we swing our wands around I don't see it being too bad. Especially in modes/missions where mobs don't drop dead instantly.

I suppose another concern is the 13* being so strong that they trump rainbow loadout in strength, and justifying the use of that skill would mean, again, having a lot of the elements on you, which isn't exactly super simple but then again maybe things are different now. I'm having this same inner-turmoil over elemental weakness, in any case because I hate seeing a universally useful talent become "only useful if attacking certain mobs".

QUESTION :

Does anybody have a hard fast list of techs that I should be using if I want to try out banish arrow abuse with Te/Br?

Some friends suggested ilbarta and ragrants being superior no matter what, but with elemental weakness and weakstance I would assume there are better elemental options given the boss?
    Last edited by Zipzo; Feb 8, 2016 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    It's true the number isn't as high as I'd expect to be kind of "wow"d by its addition to the Techer. If we think in terms of the most unlucky person on the planet though and we bring statistics in to it, we're looking at 1 in 6-7 swings triggering a status effect explosion, and given how often we swing our wands around I don't see it being too bad. Especially in modes/missions where mobs don't drop dead instantly.

I suppose another concern is the 13* being so strong that they trump rainbow loadout in strength, and justifying the use of that skill would mean, again, having a lot of the elements on you, which isn't exactly super simple but then again maybe things are different now. I'm having this same inner-turmoil over elemental weakness, in any case because I hate seeing a universally useful talent become "only useful if attacking certain mobs".

QUESTION :

Does anybody have a hard fast list of techs that I should be using if I want to try out banish arrow abuse with Te/Br?

Some friends suggested ilbarta and ragrants being superior no matter what, but with elemental weakness and weakstance I would assume there are better elemental options given the boss?
    Fire takes too long to charge, Lightning doesn't do enough damage, Nazan's okay if you can stay in close range for the duration of the Banish Arrow, and Gimegid is about as good as Ragrants. Don't forget that there's no Fire, Lightning, or Ice mastery in a TE tree so you lose some damage there (though Ilbarta's good because of what it is entirely).

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    If we think in terms of the most unlucky person on the planet though and we bring statistics in to it, we're looking at 1 in 6-7 swings triggering a status effect explosion, and given how often we swing our wands around I don't see it being too bad.
    Since the skill applies to Wand Gear rather than to the normal strike, the chance of triggering an SE scales up just like damage does. There's a table on the JP wiki showing how it works for different numbers of mobs. While it would be nice to have something more than 15%, it doesn't seem bad as it is now. As long as you're hitting multiple mobs (as you should be), they should get an SE within a few whacks at most.

So Orbit Wand dropped recently for me and decided that I want to play try it out but I mostly want to cast things. I know that FO is mostly the caster and TE is hybrid, so should I not bother casting as TE main? I would obviously cast support techs too but the whole melee part doesn't really interest me outside of whacking weak mobs in front of me for PP.

Edit: Honestly, never really played with wands before. I was using rod, subbing FO, and shooting things when I 75'd TE so that's why I'm wondering how real TE main is.
    Last edited by SallySalSal; Feb 16, 2016 at 05:12 PM.
    75/75/75/75/75/75/75/75/01
    HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU