Page 153 of 252 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2517

Isn't Form wand the most powerful wand right now for smacking? I don't think Austre's potential can actually compete. Is it actually confirmed the slash from the Form wand actually hits multiple times from point blanc range? It didn't say such thing on swiki, but some people seem to think it does. I did see a video of someone smacking Bal Rodos in a single harpoon, which I don't think was possible before with pure wand smacking.

even if it would hit only once, I think it still outperforms a 12% damage potential, but would need some real damage numbers to confirm.

ob and by the way: Friday and Saturday will have crows, so make sure to do your riding quests for the form wand!

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    Isn't Form wand the most powerful wand right now for smacking? I don't think Austre's potential can actually compete. Is it actually confirmed the slash from the Form wand actually hits multiple times from point blanc range? It didn't say such thing on swiki, but some people seem to think it does. I did see a video of someone smacking Bal Rodos in a single harpoon, which I don't think was possible before with pure wand smacking.

even if it would hit only once, I think it still outperforms a 12% damage potential, but would need some real damage numbers to confirm.

ob and by the way: Friday and Saturday will have crows, so make sure to do your riding quests for the form wand!

My form is over and done already xD

Form is definitely the most powerful wand around for smacking by far.TE/HU and TE/FI get pretty much 25-30% of smack's total damage (Slash damage varies a lot between 1st, 2nd and first hit TE/FI with slightly better damage on slash). TE/BR doesn't get as much mileage out of it unless it actually hits a weakpoint because weak stance actually lowers the damage of the slash (you could always average, but the damage boost is still really low). It's still stronger than Austere but not by such a large margin

For the thing about the slash multi-hitting, it's just that it behaves like other penetrating projectiles : if the enemy is long enough, the projectile can actually hit 2 or 3 parts, and deal more damage.
    Bal Rodos SH can be owned by Ray when harpooned (RIP Rodos-chan) so that's not really a good way to measure power. Form wand does own him faster, that's a fact though

However, Form is not perfect, it's definitely not the be all and end all for wands, mainly because not having a classic damage potential means your casting takes a hit, and your zanverse does too. So you might need sub weapons, or a second wand (Ray or orbit are solid choices there) to face every situation

I run a pure smacking TE/HU, and especially for bosses I can now finally output some decent damage. Especially during massive hunter. I only really bother to zanverse during damage phases of raid bosses. Could always quickly switch to my ray wand for that.

I think I saw a video of someone solo-ing the profound darkness EQ as a melee techer with the Form Wand. Dunno if that was ever done before as a pure melee TE?

It's possible to 1 hook Bal with regular 13* wand, but surely Form wand is the best single target wand by now.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah I already have a Ray Wand 60%'d, and I am working on a Form wand; but Gryphon did give me one of the new wands with 35% element on it, so I was going to do a file on it to get it to 55% and probably cover the last 5% with badge wands since I got a stack of badges sitting around without purpose. or just keep it at 55% and use it like that until I manage to get more wand drops. I didn't intend to go after this one since I already had Ray and was working on From, but I'm not going to turn down something that could at least have some situational useage

I had the exact same thing happen to me, also 35% Gal wand, but it's locked behind the EQ for some of the progress, so I guess I'll eventually complete the sheet. More important is getting a second +32 Form Wand.

a single 60 atribute austere could cover up the set of rainbow wands? i rly dont mind casting a tech after a zoondel, im te/br
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    a single 60 atribute austere could cover up the set of rainbow wands? i rly dont mind casting a tech after a zoondel, im te/br
    Zondeel is not so much of an issue, since uncharged gets the work done generally. Zanverse however can get fairly annoying since you have to use it charged and it doesn't stay up that long. Otherwise yeah, Form/Austere are very solid main wands for any TE really.
    Sticking to rainbow personally because I love that damn Tech C parry to much to part with it

The problem of casting a tech after zondeel, is that it gives the mobs a bigger chance to escape. Wand whacking after a zondeel stun locks most enemies, because of all the explosions. Starting with one wand is okay though. You can easily solo most SH content with an off element wand, especially with Form wand. I can't remember the exact damage loss for being off element, but I think it was somewhere around 40% which used to be a big thing in the weak sauce days of melee techer where we also had to jugle 3 active skills with short duration.

The problem of casting a tech after zondeel, is that it gives the mobs a bigger chance to escape. Wand whacking after a zondeel stun locks most enemies, because of all the explosions. Starting with one wand is okay though. You can easily solo most SH content with an off element wand, especially with Form wand. I can't remember the exact damage loss for being off element, but I think it was somewhere around 40% which used to be a big thing in the weak sauce days of melee techer where we also had to jugle 3 active skills with short duration.

thing is he plays TE/BR and probably uses weak stance, and weak stance weakens smack to strengthen explosion. Multipliers go like this
    Wand smack on element : -10% on smack but + 50% with attack advance, +85% from elemental weakness + elemental weak hit + weak stance
    Now weak stance off element gives a whooping -95% to your explosion, which is very, very notable, even on SH