Page 173 of 252 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2517

The best benefit for Form Scythe as a TeBr is when you are fighting all the stuff that doesn't have a weak point or elemental weakness and Weak Stance won't trigger like walls and many boss breakables. The extra hit helps compensate for the severe drop in damage from not getting Weak Stance.

I have one Form Scythe. I set it to fire as that is the element that I use the least for tech damage. From a smack-only perspective, Form is easily stronger. It is definitely more beneficial to a TeHu than it is to a TeBr. For everything else, there is Austere (or Gix). I use my Austere as my primary weapon unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

Awesome, thanks for the response, BlakLanner! After reading your statement, I've made up my mind!

For super-hard content, I'm going to use the Austere Axe, since it helps me one-shot lightweight enemies that are distant from me. Whereas, I'll use the Form Scythe for extra-hard content, since I won't be able to melt enemies with a single Technic, so I'll rely on the additional hit to defeat enemies faster.

Even with the Astra weapon series, I'll use the wand for super hard areas as well, since it's only going to be a pinch stronger than the Austere (in terms of raw TATK).
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the response, BlakLanner! After reading your statement, I've made up my mind!

For super-hard content, I'm going to use the Austere Axe, since it helps me one-shot lightweight enemies that are distant from me. Whereas, I'll use the Form Scythe for extra-hard content, since I won't be able to melt enemies with a single Technic, so I'll rely on the additional hit to defeat enemies faster.

Even with the Astra weapon series, I'll use the wand for super hard areas as well, since it's only going to be a pinch stronger than the Austere (in terms of raw TATK).
    You could only use both, especially if you're using wand E change. the difference in spell damage might sound trifle, but that's how much faster you can fill your compound through tech usage.

Speaking of Compound Technics, Zephyrion, I rarely use them, since not too many bosses are weak against both elements; it's usually one or the other (aside from the select few). Perhaps I should find some usage for them?
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

With element change being caused by offensive techs on the wand element change ring,will peace zondeel prevent this?

I'd like to use Te again but zondeel can only be done uncharged with the ring and I cant go on another rainbow wand hunt after my dual blade hunt.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Speaking of Compound Technics, Zephyrion, I rarely use them, since not too many bosses are weak against both elements; it's usually one or the other (aside from the select few). Perhaps I should find some usage for them?
    Compounds' power is always good enough to be used both for mobbing and bossing. Having only one element matching still is enough damage to be worth it

With BR sub the efficiency of compounds will largely depend on how you use your stances. For example say, you face a big wave of Goldrahdas. Since they are only weak to one of both elements, and their weak points will rarely be hit by Fomelgion, you'll squeeze a bit of extra damage by going average (although weak will still boost the fire part of the compound).

Now Ragne pops up : now you want to use Barantsion + weak stance, regardless of your mastery : barantsion is the one compound that lets you hit accurately your target, and ragne's core being a weak point, it will boost the whole compound. The damage it does will be well over a banish ragrants sequence on it.

Also, since you're the nice support guy, you can use compounds for their high chances of inflicting SE : Fomel for burn (Apprentice is the main example where it comes in handy), Barantsion for freeze (can stop Meduna and Cassadora from moving about) and Zandion for Shock (useful for every collab boss, Gryphon, Illusia, and UQ dragons)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 16, 2016 at 06:41 AM.

I tried a light build TE/SU yesterday. It's surprisingly good at bossing, maybe even over TE/BR now with all-class tact being a thing.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    I tried a light build TE/SU yesterday. It's surprisingly good at bossing, maybe even over TE/BR now with all-class tact being a thing.
    Don't tel that to Kril or you'll get blacklisted.

But yeah, Te/Su is a good Te combo for bossing.

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    I've been derping around with Te/Su as well out of boredom/fun, would you mind sharing your build?

Quote Originally Posted by Varuden View Post
    I've been derping around with Te/Su as well out of boredom/fun, would you mind sharing your build?
    Light TE/SU. It's just a standard SU sub slapped into a light TE/BR build. This way I will have Ragrants and Barantsion on top of Maron and Torim/Aero, aka more option for soloing.

If you think pets are good enough then this is a wind build for better Zanverse and defense.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan