Page 205 of 252 FirstFirst ... 105155195202203204205206207208215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by pumpotatokin View Post
    just started tech/braver - which rings should i get. some tips would be great p/s : i read stuffs from page 1 which is years back, so i dont know if there are changes at the moment
    I mostly use:

Left - Wand Element Change

Lets you take advantage of Weak Stance with a single element Wand. If you have a big boss' weakness then you can try Tech Parry or Step Jump.

Right - Massive Hunter, I just like it.

Other Right ones I have considered but haven't used enough, Killing Bonus and Tech Arts JA PP Save or w/e. Less so the 2nd as I Ragrants-Step-Ragrants a lot, or at least that is my excuse for not trying it.
    Some of the more recent changes are probably the biggest differences from stuff you'll see on page 1. Banish Arrow nerf and TE skill tree changes.

Never got a Rikauteri myself so never got the most I could out of Banish Arrow but it sounds like it got hit pretty hard and probably a lot less of one of the mention-able advantages for going Braver Sub compared to back then.

TE skill tree just has a lot more Skill Points available than before. Zanverse also isn't affected by Wind Mastery so you can feel a bit better not maxing that.

I'd do something like at least this and then whatever else you want: Skill Tree Simulator

TE: Resta Advance if you want / see a need for it, same with Territory PP Save or any other support things. Shifta Critical isn't that great but I have it atm because there is just that many skill points and I just wanted to try it. I don't recommend it as there is not much Crit Damage Up around to benefit from it. Can max out a Mastery you like, or try to be efficient with the 3/4/7 points in them (2 in __ Mastery 1, and 1/2/5 in __ Mastery 2)

BR: Can even get Quick Mate / more Step Advance if you wanted to you have so much extra from there. I still am going from 75-80 on Braver and have some Katana BR main stuff for Br/Hu even with all that extra. Can easily switch to Te/Hu from there too.
    Last edited by Klubbah; Aug 6, 2017 at 12:57 AM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I realized I wasn't bonking anything at all when I was running te/fi in deus, so I figure I'll try te/fo in there for the next few runs to see if tech charge pp revival, fire and ice masteries for fomelgion and brantsion, and flame S charge for shifta enhance my experience. really I just like helping all the heros keep their hero boost going with deband toughness and deband cut, while shifta strike helps get the job done quicker, and with me laying down zanverse nobody else needs to. sure there's no advantage to my zanverse over a random mpa hero's zanverse, but they get to just go back to whatever they were attacking with instead.

My suggestion is that we kind of go backwards with Techer to how it was before... in a way.

Stop Wand Lovers from keeping the Wand Gear maxed out. Get rid of that.

Tie the Wand Gear explosions to Wand Lovers instead. Activating Wand Lovers will do nothing to the gear, but give Wand Lovers explosions.

The Wand Gear would again be a heat gauge that charges when you deal damage with charged techs (or my preference, uncharged techs as well, but whatever).

Have the Wand Gear simply boost damage instead of having anything to do with explosions. It could have different multipliers for techs, wand strikes, and wand explosions, for balance reasons.

Didn't the original Wand Lovers actually put you to 0PP and give max wand gear in exchange? I don't even remember if Wand Lovers actually gave step. I think that was added later on as well. I can still remember the EP2 days of constantly juggeling 3 stances: Wand Lovers (super short), Territory Burst (short) and Fury Stance.

I think currently one of the worst things about Techer is how much we rely on a single wand to deal decent damage (yeah 14* don't count). Form should be nerved or wand slashes should be a skill. I mean, what gear progress is left for us? Form Scythe made quite a gap in both damage and utility, that I don't even feel like doing CF's anymore for wands.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    Didn't the original Wand Lovers actually put you to 0PP and give max wand gear in exchange? I don't even remember if Wand Lovers actually gave step. I think that was added later on as well. I can still remember the EP2 days of constantly juggeling 3 stances: Wand Lovers (super short), Territory Burst (short) and Fury Stance.

I think currently one of the worst things about Techer is how much we rely on a single wand to deal decent damage (yeah 14* don't count). Form should be nerved or wand slashes should be a skill. I mean, what gear progress is left for us? Form Scythe made quite a gap in both damage and utility, that I don't even feel like doing CF's anymore for wands.
    Yeah, original Wand Lovers was 60 seconds, full Gear, fixed 0PP, no step; the update to it was 6 months later when they removed the 0pp thing, and added step, a longer duration, and the damage bonus. Looking at that, I am kinda glad I never tried to main Wand Te before Ep3.
    And yeah, there really is no reason to hunt anything Wand-wise once you have Form; sticking Phrase Weak on it just further increases the gap between it and other Wands that have more raw power.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Yeah, original Wand Lovers was 60 seconds, full Gear, fixed 0PP, no step; the update to it was 6 months later when they removed the 0pp thing, and added step, a longer duration, and the damage bonus. Looking at that, I am kinda glad I never tried to main Wand Te before Ep3.
    And yeah, there really is no reason to hunt anything Wand-wise once you have Form; sticking Phrase Weak on it just further increases the gap between it and other Wands that have more raw power.
    It does not have any dmg multiplier. are attack waves deal additional damage?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    It does not have any dmg multiplier. are attack waves deal additional damage?
    Yes, the Waves deal additional S-ATK based Ranged damage.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

still probably a good idea to have a casting wand for when bonks aren't cutting it

shoot I just kinda skip the formalities and go te/fo for deus now; the heros already have all the mobs dead before I can reach them in those parts, and bonking deus just isnt as good as casting ragrants and gimegid at him in my opinion. though if you're rocking te/hu well all you got are your bonks I guess

Hero's zooming movement capabilities kinda forced me to stop smacking altogether in MPAs as well
    Even my (presumably) best crafted ilzonde simply can't match the dashing speed of Trick of Flash
    Despite beng able to use the same ilzonde to catch up to tessen before

Not to mention I still have to cast zondeel when I get to the mob points

On Yamato for instance, I simply use the good ol' ilzan+sazan combo
    Still fills up both my PB and compound gauge at least.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post

Techer's problem is it relies on a basic attack and has no complexity like photon arts or special actions to fine tune for balance, its just raw damage smacking. outside of techs that all other casting classes already have, its a class centered around by one single attack. If wands had PAs or the class had some other attack to focus on, form wands would be obsolete,just a gimmick like they were supposed to be.

I don't see how they can fix techer without just completely redesigining its weapons and skills.

edit: It would be hard to base anything around tech damage without completely defeating the point of force, since why would you play a class that only does tech damage if another class can do both tech damage, and support? Trying to balance it on "weaker tech damage in exchange for support" clearly isnt working right now either. you could try making it about the elements, but techer has elemental weak hit and frankly the better elements, more things are just weak to wind and light.
    Last edited by Tenlade; Aug 15, 2017 at 07:42 AM.