Page 221 of 252 FirstFirst ... 121171211218219220221222223224231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2517
    The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

for those who are curious red form has the same pot as regular form. kinda shitty that it only supports S2 ablities when they're (to my knowledge) aren't any damage boosting S2 abilities... oh well neat upgrade for techers who can't get atra or lavis.
    Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

That is incredibly disappointing.

the S2 ability is a 3% Crit Damage booster. If Vades had S3 slot too you could make a cool Crit Damage build out of it but not like this.
    Guess Atra is benefiting more out of this than anything else since most S2 abilities are jank for Te/Hu.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    for those who are curious red form has the same pot as regular form. kinda shitty that it only supports S2 ablities when they're (to my knowledge) aren't any damage boosting S2 abilities... oh well neat upgrade for techers who can't get atra or lavis.
    Spoiler!
    There is a damage boosting S2, (Blink of an Eye?) that came from Chocolate EQ which boosts damage by 3% after a JA with a PA or tech. This S2 is not cheap at all, even if it can be applied to wand smacks somehow (not sure if it can).

Even so, I'll count the availability of the S2 as a bonus in my book, on top of the increase in attack stats over Form Scythe. So this CF is at least somewhat interesting, unlike the rest of this year's seasonal CFs.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAG View Post
    That is incredibly disappointing.
    There is definitely wasted potential, but it is not like we could expect it to compete with 14*s anyway.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    There is a damage boosting S2, (Blink of an Eye?) that came from Chocolate EQ which boosts damage by 3% after a JA with a PA or tech. This S2 is not cheap at all, even if it can be applied to wand smacks somehow (not sure if it can).
    No you can't TAJA boost Normal Attacks, only PA.
    I think atm the SAF of 3% Crit Damage is as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    No you can't TAJA boost Normal Attacks, only PA.
    I think atm the SAF of 3% Crit Damage is as good as it gets.
    I just realized that Fi mains would be overjoyed at this SAF.

Also, I will have to consider whether I want to add this SAF to my Atra TMGs.

As for Te, maybe they would go for something tanky or simply skip the S2 on this weapon.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

The problem is that the best Crit rate you can get as TE main with S2:Skilled Strike is 5% base + 20% Shifta Critical + 25% Stance Critical + 30% Crit Field = 80%. You could potentially hit 100% if someone else gives you Crit Field and you have R/C Strike Ranged, or play TE/BO and get both at once, but the former case is situational and the latter is too out of the way just for 3% damage and you're still losing damage from not taking HU sub.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I personally think that 70% unconditional Crit chance Solo and 100% chance in a party with Bo is good enough to dedicate on Crits but yeah 3% isn't really a good argument. I'd probably put that 3% SAF on an Atra Eyth instead so that I can also use the 4% Crit S3. In fact that's probably what I'm going to do since Lavis might fade out once the PA comes out.

Actually I made a cheap-o Atra S-affix before way back during the first month of Dragon EQ for my Te/Hu using:

S1: crit +15%
    S2: crit +12%
    S3: crit dmg +4%
    S4: wand aspd boost

Add a crit ring S-atk +20, along with all the other skill-based crit boosts you mentioned, and it got me to a stable 97% crit (127% with Bo crit field).
    It worked out pretty well, even if it replaced Attack Advance ring, and will actually still be at 85% (115%) even if you replace S2 with Form 2.0 SAF (crit dmg +3%)

The bummer tho is that you're locked to that weapon only, except maybe a few invade NT wands tailored the same way. (which also has a base crit +10% btw)
    Also, the SP you used on crit skills becomes completely obsolete once you upgrade to a lavis either via normal drop or via crest exchange.
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Apr 25, 2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    except maybe a few invade NT wands tailored the same way. (which also has a base crit +10% btw)
    Good point but Te/Hu losing the 10% attack speed is too big of a deal for the DPS. Invade-NT is probably more viable for Te/Fi or Te/Br.