Page 234 of 252 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    The problem in this case is that TE doesn't have enough options, and let's be real, will never have enough options to be a full-on support.
    This is actually down to the design decisions in the future. For all we know they could implement some new skills/techs in the future that have effects like:
    - Absorb damage done to other players in the vicinity (not Deband Cut, something that transfers damage done from other players)
    - Territory PP Save that affects non-support abilities and other players (not just the TE)
    - Mobile Charge PP Revival source (PP battery)
    - Increase movement speed of party/mpa
    - Enhance party/mpa status-inflicting chances
    - Jellen/Zalure
    - Bind enemies
    - Extend duration of vehicle forms (AIS / Dark Blast)
    - Increase iframes of dodging
    ...and other buffs that are not direct "you do more damage". Basically stuff that could end up in L- or R-rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    While the shifta you propose would be more fair, It would be infinitely less fun : no one wants to play a class whose sole job is to press shifta button every 10 seconds to make sure everyone is fully propped up.
    This is unfortunately the bane of games that try to bring "mathematical equality" in their design; they end up being clunky / non-fluid. It's also why turn-based games have a lot better balance.

By the way, it wouldn't have to be every 10 seconds (though I understand you mentioned it in a rhetorical way). Players with "low" stats would find themselves having to reapply it more often, and players with higher stats would have a lot more time between needing to reapply. Similar to just how a player with low stats needs to cast any PA/Tech more times to get similar results with a higher-stats player.

I'm surprised Techer didn't get a spell to inflict jellen, zalure, or bind. Heck, I would love rentis and dizas in this game but that's pushing it I think.

We need a class that can sustain longer and use Dark blasts frequent. Maybe give each DB their own weapon when transformed (sword, wand and twin daggers).
    Last edited by cheapgunner; Jul 5, 2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Add-on

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    I'm surprised Techer didn't get a spell to inflict jellen, zalure, or bind. Heck, I would love rentis and dizas in this game but that's pushing it I think.

We need a class that can sustain longer and use Dark blasts frequent. Maybe give each DB their own weapon when transformed (sword, wand and twin daggers).
    DB is already good on its own. Zalure doesnt seem like it'll ever get added at this point (i mean with how fast things die already and WB/Zanverse on top of that). I want Ground techs to come back since I dont use most of the Wind Techs and Rentis/Dizas paired with Deband Cut/Toughness would be great but something that'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    DB is already good on its own. Zalure doesnt seem like it'll ever get added at this point (i mean with how fast things die already and WB/Zanverse on top of that). I want Ground techs to come back since I dont use most of the Wind Techs and Rentis/Dizas paired with Deband Cut/Toughness would be great but something that'll never happen.
    I miss ground techs too. PSU had some nifty techs. I'm surpised the PSo2 Team isn't pulling diga- techs and soem of the other good ones from PSU over.PSU's Zonde was amazing. >.<;

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I think they wanted to keep Techer focused to buffing other players, and shifted debuffs over to Ranger. then they made zondeel anyway so who knows what they're really thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I think they wanted to keep Techer focused to buffing other players, and shifted debuffs over to Ranger. then they made zondeel anyway so who knows what they're really thinking
    I dunno about that. Back when there were no Main class only skills and the Skill Tree's were atrocious Forces and Techtors were just as good as inflicting Debuffs (status ailments) as Ranger was.
    The only thing Ranger had going for itself as a debuffer was Weak Bullet because no one gave a shit about Jellen Shot. Weak Bullet was right there at the top of the Skill Tree and Jellen shot required you to waste SP into R-DEF, R-ATK 1 and 2 first.
    As soon as Main Class skills started to get introduced, which in some cases were supposed to draw out the unique strength of a class, like Fo got Element Conversion making it the best caster, Te got Long Time Assist making it the best buffer, Ra didn't get anything that improves either Jellen or WB or Traps instead they got Sharpshooter.
    Weak Bullet got nerfed over and over to the point where people almost don't care if a Ra is in the MPA anymore and Jellen isn't a Ra exclusive gimmick anymore with both Hu and Su being able to inflict it (well, anybody can since the bassilis weapon series but that's beside the point).
    Then again I genuinely believe Sega didn't know what they wanted Ra to be outside of Weak Bullet slut considering that someone at some point thought First Hit is a fine addition to Ra similarly to how someone at some point thought that making Wand Lovers reduce your PP to 0 and halt regeneration was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I think they wanted
    Sega does not know what it thinks or wants in regard to the class.

first it used techs to fill a meter that let it do wand explosions. then it used wand smacks with explosions already added with 0 pp so you couldnt use techs. then it got pp restored and techs back. then they gave it more support abilities, then it buffed them. They tried various ways to give wands powerups, like increased damage via uncharged techs, or shockwaves, inflicting status effects, to just massivly inflating its attack stat and now a chargeup pa. the changes are so radical its changed its primary attack stat from t atk for techs and wand explosions at ep1 to s atk PAs and s atk shockwaves.

Techer has been just a journey in sega not knowing what to do with a fundamentally broken class and the only thoughts they've had on it are how to make it even work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    Sega does not know what it thinks or wants in regard to the class.

first it used techs to fill a meter that let it do wand explosions. then it used wand smacks with explosions already added with 0 pp so you couldnt use techs. then it got pp restored and techs back. then they gave it more support abilities, then it buffed them. They tried various ways to give wands powerups, like increased damage via uncharged techs, or shockwaves, inflicting status effects, to just massivly inflating its attack stat and now a chargeup pa. the changes are so radical its changed its primary attack stat from t atk for techs and wand explosions at ep1 to s atk PAs and s atk shockwaves.

Techer has been just a journey in sega not knowing what to do with a fundamentally broken class and the only thoughts they've had on it are how to make it even work.
    I can see why they never even attempted a Guntecher class.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    I can see why they never even attempted a Guntecher class.
    Hr is good at using guns with technics considering they mesh so well with the tmgs but
    too bad the tmgs hit like piss
    I'llstillusethemthough;__;
    Spoiler!

Fools! Guntecher was in the game since day one!
    Behold! The real Guntecher is Te/Ra and you... basically just buff up and WB slut while everyone does the damage job for you.

Yeah giving us Pokemon instead of a Ranged/Tech hybrid was a really cool move by Sega.