Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Play The Classes You Like More As Opposed To The Classes That Are "Stronger"

So, I was thinking about making a thread like this for a little while. I wanted to figure out how I was going to convey my ideas, that make sense. I think I figured it out, mostly.

There is the question that floats around and asked a lot. "What class is the strongest?". Now, I thought about this question and realized. It's impossible to answer. The strongest class in the game or like in any game varies depending on the individual. When you are asking the question, you actually are meant to ask "What is my strongest class?" and that is the strongest class you're going to get. Like if we look back to when Gunner was the main thing that everyone called the strongest. I sucked ass at it, so the strongest class was Hunter for me. Meaning that it'd be most effective if I played Hunter, because I won't be dying all the time.

Furthermore, I said in the title to play the class you like. The reason I say this is because when you're doing something you like. You're going to learn it faster and go more in-depth and become super effective at it. Now, if you hate whatever is the "strongest" at the moment, you won't be able to learn it as much as- like say Hunter. You also might not go as in-depth on it, because you don't like it. So you'll be more effective as the class you like most.

Instead of trying to find the "strongest class" find the one you enjoy the most. Excel at that class, and you'll find success with that class.

The Strong is the Beautiful, that is all.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I find myself enjoying my experimental, expensive JB builds.

Lol but many ppl are not tastify and want to play the strongest class
    the most OP class at the time is Fo main

i have no idea why they made FO to be: massive dps, holy cow burst damage with banish build, omg suvivability with dash, free heals and buff
    so it's like FO is the best at everything

that 's why now you can see FO are flooded at every block.

I still enjoy to play Fi knuckle, most uncommon class but it's interesting to play
    hope that knuckle will get a massive boost soon
    it's now high risk, less reward. Sometimes i feel so hopeless at Mining bases EQs

btw
    idk if only i think about this but
    those Op class such as BO DB, RA BR bow or FO gameplay are kinda borring
    i can't just sit, charge and shoot stuff or flying like a space ship and it auto hit all the weak points
    with me those classes is too boring to play
    Last edited by hoangsea; Jan 18, 2015 at 08:24 PM.

Even those "OP" classes have plenty of flaws to them, although FO has the least flaws since it's a really solid class that's useful for everything in the game. It only means that they're a choice you can't go wrong with, not that they're the best at everything.

Also DB are the single most overrated weapon in the game. It's as if people dont realize you're better off playing most other melee weapons when PBF is down.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Jan 18, 2015 at 08:45 PM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Gunner since Day 1 it's implemented until now. I even tasted ...... where party description says "Gu X" Because of ... dual gun .... I do wish they had dual handgun though

Support Te, since, not many dual gun class on other MMO, so I'm kinda used for heal + buff slave. And in this game, buffing mpa with +44% damage using Zanverse with TeGu feels good (and really safe for me, since I'm using Talis). Or TeBo with JB is also good. It also give enough difficulty to entertain ._.

Fighter ...... pretty fun. I have 2 build, 1 for Knuckle and 1 for Katana .... both is good for fun I do hope a buff for knuckle.

Hu is also good, that much HP and defense, satisfying sword attacks ......

Also, it's quite interesting to play all-classes in manual aim mode (z-mode), even as melee. Though apparently my brain refuse to run in auto-aim mode =_=
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Every class as a main class is pretty alright on their own, so I would say the real decision lies in your subclass.

Anything/Fi works because the combination of stances, Tech Arts JA, both Chase Advances, and maybe some PP slayer is really powerful
    Anything/Hu that is not Fo/Hu works because fury stance, iron will, and maybe Massive Hunter if you can get to it
    Anything/Fo almost does not work, because you need to treat it like Force/themainclass without Element Convert
    Anything/Te works because support techs and having a rainbow of weapons and zanverse+wind mastery. you dont even need any t-atk to make a techer sub work!
    Anything/Ra almost does not work for the same reasons /Fo does not, due to most of ranger's skills being ranged-damage only or being weak bullet.
    Anything/Gu works because chain trigger is still a pretty dang strong skill, and some classes can keep perfect keeper up better than others.
    Anything/Br works because the stances are solid
    Anything/Bo works for crafted items and the stances are still alright if you are committing to either a rainbow pallet or not having as much damage when there are not breakable things around (not as bad as you think! especially when there are other people to handle things for you after the breakables are gone!)'

that said; Braver and Bouncer are subclassed more for their weapons than their skills; since if it is damage you are after you can just take Fighter as a subclass. especially since stances can actually be juggled now.

Some builds are more specialized to specific situations than others, but most people tend to lean to the builds that are good in any situation; especially if you only got one mag and one skill tree per class.

All classes are strongest at something, so if you want to be the very best that no one ever was, you gotta level 'em all.

PSOkemon™

the strongest class is favorable because that is how you win EQs with 3-4 runs with victories instead destroyed towers and deserters

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionxglave View Post
    the strongest class is favorable because that is how you win EQs with 3-4 runs with victories instead destroyed towers and deserters
    Not completely true. Most of the classes and combinations thereof are currently pretty viable at the moment. Even a GU-main player can do decently. The only things that do not work well are hybrid builds; choosing two completely unrelated classes will not turn out well

If everyone shouts that the game is too easy, less than optimal classes should do just fine, right?

It is more about how well people can play their respective classes. FO is OP not only because of their ability for sustained damage, but because techs like Il Megid and Rafoie just hit with very little positioning and aiming required, very low risk due to high range, walking while charging and cancel anytime into Mirage Escape. Did I mention that FOs can shoot Rafoies from behind walls? So even players who just started out as FO can play well, this in contrary to most other classes like Fi/Hu and Ra/Br.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)