Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post

The only exception would be if someone wanted to do a PSO2HD Texture pack......
    OOOOOOoooOOooOOOOOoooooOOOOoOOoOOOooOOOooOoOOOOOOo OOOOoOOooooOoo

*nearly faints from hopes of a PSO2 textured for 2012 instead of 2006*

I mentioned this a few times over the years to various people and friends, you really should try to gather some artists and people good with texture mods over the next year and see what you can do+^_^+ There's so much wrong with PSO2's Textures... Particularly for the environments and some of the special weps. I wouldn't bother touching outfits or hair/accessories not used by the core NPCs as SEGAC adds like 20 more of each every month+^_^+

And, like you said, you can unpack more then textures... some of those meshes are... so 2006...

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    OOOOOOoooOOooOOOOOoooooOOOOoOOoOOOooOOOooOoOOOOOOo OOOOoOOooooOoo

*nearly faints from hopes of a PSO2 textured for 2012 instead of 2006*

I mentioned this a few times over the years to various people and friends, you really should try to gather some artists and people good with texture mods over the next year and see what you can do+^_^+ There's so much wrong with PSO2's Textures... Particularly for the environments and some of the special weps. I wouldn't bother touching outfits or hair/accessories not used by the core NPCs as SEGAC adds like 20 more of each every month+^_^+

And, like you said, you can unpack more then textures... some of those meshes are... so 2006...
    Not that I wouldn't welcome this, but that's an awful lot of textures at this point, even not factoring in the metric ton of scratch content.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificial View Post
    This reminds me of Steam workshop and it makes me cry every time is see it in comments.

Personally I would love to have the Cast part models so I could make some skins (offline) that is not limited to four colours. And be able to see the results. Sadly I have no knowledge how to even start with that and trying to imitate/redraw the models in programs I have, only goes so far.
    Cast texture is a mess, even bigger then some of the outfits.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Cast texture is a mess, even bigger then some of the outfits.
    I was afraid for that, but I kinda expected it seeing how derpy it already is with only 4 colours in game.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread but since we're on the topic of file extraction is there anyway to extract the music files to edit the BGM music like we could do in PSO?

It has already been done, at least the extracting. Pso2 uses adaptive sound processing though. So it changes up what part it plays depending on if you are in combat, slow moving, etc.

Speaking of. I am interested in doing area texture work. Start off slow with forest. Meshes are not something I wish to mess with though.

"Don't look for the people in your past. There is a reason they don't exist in your future." - Riesz
    Ship 2 - ID: Chrysheight

Typically, I'd agree with you - However, you would be absolutely disgusted to see some of the things SEGA includes in the client-side files, and many of them could be used to easily cheat the game, with no method of detection/stopping. That's the main reason (I'd imagine) he hasn't released it to the public.

Another reason is control - If he released that tool, people would start releasing "alternative" patches with "alternative" spellings - Loser -> Luther, for example. Then you would require them to update the patches, people would be confused on which one to install (BELIEVE ME, PEOPLE CANNOT READ), and various other issues that would just cause headaches for everyone.

What I don't understand though is what is the harm of releasing only an extractor and not a repacker? You can't do anything with modified files until you repack them.

Simple. Because it's not your call. You want one, make it yourself. Otherwise, get over it. That has been explained many times.

"Don't look for the people in your past. There is a reason they don't exist in your future." - Riesz
    Ship 2 - ID: Chrysheight

An extractor has been released already though.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    An extractor has been released already though.
    With more recent files, its had issues getting them. Otherwise, yeah I get what you're saying.

Edit: Not to imply that its owed to anyone mind you.
    Last edited by Shadowth117; Jan 20, 2015 at 10:52 AM.