Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How much longer do you think this game

Will run or be popular before pso3? Reason I am asking is i am trying to keep up with the story and wondering how deep in it is. I always base the mmo games by the story. the closer to the end the closer to a new game. What do you think? or will they keep expanding this for years to come?
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

well they said they wanted to keep it around for 10 years

I don't see that happening, but that was what they said

I swear I saw a thread similar to this about a week or 2 ago.

But what Derpington said. So yea.

Realistically, based on how they are structuring the story, I imagine we will get a couple more years at least; not the full ten they purport, but reasonable considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Realistically, based on how they are structuring the story, I imagine we will get a couple more years at least; not the full ten they purport, but reasonable considering.
    Pso2 has a story?

It can last, but they will need to break up the formula quite a bit and put more non-combat stuff in, and better rpg elements. A lot of potential with how they can implement entirely new systems into a game. But it's painfully clear they are also a bit short sighted. Look at the way mags turned out.

PSO had a far more in depth mag system. There were opportunities to develop that as a sort of pet-raising and trading system but totally didn't.

I still feel the hub approach is getting old and can be expanded upon greatly.

Better interactivity/quality of life can be rolled out. Autowords and such are nice (for people who aren't boring as hell, and are just lifeless, staring and silent 10 year old girls) But i'd like to see more talking animations and such from typing to people.

User interface skinning would be nice too. (AND UI CUSTOMIZATION. get that Etrial crap out of the CENTRE OF MY SCREEN)

And last but not least user-side only mod support (Nothing game changing) But it would be nice for min-maxers (I don't really care so much) to be able to calculate their damage and performance automatically. You're going to get people who do this already without the mods, so it's not a huge deal, just nice. All the above may kick a year or two of life into the game in my opinion.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

With how much horseshit the dripfeeding has been lately, it ain't lasting 10 years. At most I'll give it 3-4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    well they said they wanted to keep it around for 10 years

I don't see that happening, but that was what they said
    First few years will have story stuff.

Last few years will have side stories, omakes and what if episodes.

Forever......For-ever!
    The true ending to pso2 is you never quit the game it quits you.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    With how much horseshit the dripfeeding has been lately, it ain't lasting 10 years. At most I'll give it 3-4 years.
    Considering PSU did the same shit in way worse fashion and lasted 6 years like SEGA said it would stay up I'm pretty sure PSO2 can last 10 or more.