Question Ignite parry PA how does it work

Is it just a regular PA or is there something else?

the description isn't translated but I feel the skill is a bit underwhelming . looks cool but is kinda slow

For those who don't know Ignite parry is a sword PA that makes you do an omnislash type attack

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

You can press Shift on 1st 4 attacks ....... it'll generate a whirlwind(?) around you. If you managed to parry using this whirlwind, PA damage is doubled, I think.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

you can trigger the parry with shift 2 times
    increased AoE and PA damage for every time you sucessful parry an attack

Its exactly like they said during the skills attack animation on hits 1~4 you can press the block button before an attack hits you to "Parry" it increasing the range of the PA and spiking its damage it also looks even cooler.

Im also unsure of this but from what I could tell using it after you do a successful parry you seem to become invincible for the rest of the PAs duration.

So, I get the whirlwind if I block, even if there is no enemy around? And only to double the damage I need to just guard something?

Yes. If you're successful you will hear a sound and see an effect.
    Note that you can cancel it in the air (by air dashing, if I recall correctly), but you can't on the ground.
    In general, the final swing(s?) does much more damage, so it's an attack you want to fully finish.
    Because it takes a while to bust out the entire combo, it's probably better for bosses than regular enemies.

I tried to use it many times and the parry window seems ridiculously small.
    If you're not perfect at timing, it's very risky to use.
    It's been a while, but I think you also get some invincibility if you manage to parry an attack.

Note that it's also pretty good at building Sword Gear if you're Fighter main.

The first four swings have the ability to parry an attack during them by hitting Shift (or whatever you have set to block with your sword). You have to time it really well, but if you do, the PA doubles in damage, gains extra range, looks a fair bit cooler, and makes you invincible until the PA ends. The last two swings also gain a damage bonus based on how high your Sword Gear meter is. I think you only have to parry once to get the full bonus for the duration of the move, but I could be wrong.

Basically, if you can't parry anything it's an alright PA for DPS, not the best but alright, and it's fun. But holy shit, if you parry during it, especially before the first swing connects... this thing becomes an absolute fucking monster.