Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Quote Originally Posted by thehondachef View Post
    I liked Curse of Darkness, even though its level design wasn't the best example of the series.

I seriously hope this Sega downsizing thing somehow results in PSO2 NA being released, though.
    I highly doubt it will though I like to see it come out.

I heard Capcom did the same thing and is no longer having problems but I feel sorry for the employees who were unfairly laidoff.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I know beggars can't be choosers, but please no. A castlevania like lament of innocence with an expansive castle full of secrets, and stuff to backtrack for like symphony of the night would be fine.

I didn't like the on-rail-experience, and I especially didn't like the repatitive shadow of the colossus boss fights from lords of shadow. Though the second one is a step up, it just felt like another devil may cry to me.
    I don't think anyone who plays the series prefers them, but I'd still take one. They're kind of a modern take on pre-SotN games, which is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    That's the thing, based on Sega-Sammy's statements, it seems that all focus of SoA will be on strengthening the Sonic brand. Unless they do what they did with Taiwan and SEA and give PSO2 over to another company to distribute and manage, this may be another nail in PSO2's Western release's coffin.
    I don't see how so many of you see this as possibly another nail in PSO2 coffin.

PC, Digital and mobile is SEGA's new main focus instead of focusing on Just 4 main games in the west.
    Digital will be downloadable titles (i would assume)

PSO2 is PC, PSO2 Vita is downloadable (and packaged), PSOes is mobile.
    Its all there! \o/
    Server wise, there is no point setting a server up in a city/building when its going to be moved a few hundred miles a few months later.

I still hold hope for a PSO2 west server this year, but that's me.

Anyway the sad news of more people who work hard have lost they're jobs. I hope they get back up on they're feet soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HandOfThornz View Post
    I don't see how so many of you see this as possibly another nail in PSO2 coffin.

PC, Digital and mobile is SEGA's new main focus instead of focusing on Just 4 main games in the west.
    Digital will be downloadable titles (i would assume)

PSO2 is PC, PSO2 Vita is downloadable (and packaged), PSOes is mobile.
    Its all there! \o/
    Server wise, there is no point setting a server up in a city/building when its going to be moved a few hundred miles a few months later.

I still hold hope for a PSO2 west server this year, but that's me.

Anyway the sad news of more people who work hard have lost they're jobs. I hope they get back up on they're feet soon.

"c. Enhancing efficiency in overseas businesses
    Local organizations managing packaged game software in Western markets will be streamlined. In the U.S., Sega of America, Inc. based in San Francisco will be relocated to Southern California by this summer and its existing office in San Francisco will be closed thereafter, which results in reducing fixed expenses, mainly in corporate functions. In addition, the Sonic and merchandising businesses will be reinforced to establish a structure which can generate stable profits."
    emphasis mine
    (source)
    This particular statement is what makes me believe that SEGA will be almost exclusively focusing on strengthening the Sonic brand in its Western market. The focus on digital seems to be something that will be done by SoJ, while the already diminished capacity of SoA will be focused almost solely on marketing and merchandising. Again, that's the way I see it.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 5, 2015 at 09:25 AM.

SoA is just an office, the servers could be in many other places, Sega owns a few studios they could run the server, most obvious choices being Relic (Vancouver) and Three Rings (San Francisco, creators of Spiral Knights, another f2p MMO still running).

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    SoA is just an office, the servers could be in many other places, Sega owns a few studios they could run the server, most obvious choices being Relic (Vancouver) and Three Rings (San Francisco, creators of Spiral Knights, another f2p MMO still running).
    Aye, and that's my point. A Western PSO2 managed and distributed by SEGA is something that seems unlikely at this point thanks to the new direction Sega-Sammy is taking with their Western market. It could see the light of day if they hand it off to another company, just like with the SEA and Taiwan versions.