Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    have game pad got quick palette swap command like in psu?
    Yes the game menu wise is like PSO and PSU.

When I used to play I preferred a gamepad. I forgot exactly how I did it, but you can change the button layout to attack with your triggers and shoulder buttons while in manual aiming mode and still keep the normal layout when not in manual mode. If you do that, you shouldn't have a problem playing non-melee classes on a gamepad if that is a more comfortable controller for you.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

hehehe maybe big american prefer controller. similar to hamburger also minor hand movement

I use mostly Gamepad + Keyboard for shortcuts and weapon change, but eventually I also use Gamepad + Mouse just to aim some techs or the Rodos harpoon, but aiming with the gamepad is usually fine (my attack buttons are RB RT/R1 R2 both in normal camera and TPS). Moving the character with the KB I can't, all other actions are in too different places, specially dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by schnee4 View Post
    hehehe maybe big american prefer controller. similar to hamburger also minor hand movement
    Then explain why PSO and PSU used the same device and did as well as they did in japan.

Seriously though....

Anyway, moving on.

Personally, I use this.

http://www.play-asia.com/cyber-troop...n-70-5ps3.html

I USED a Sega Saturn twinstick but my roomie finally ended up breaking it in a fit of drunken stupid rage.

gamepad, allot more confortable and with the f310 i can pretty much macro anything.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Use an XB1 controller, because I play PSO2 on my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by SHiFT-Di3S3L View Post
    Use an XB1 controller, because I play PSO2 on my TV.
    how do you like the xbox1 controller? better quality than the 360? did it come with a micro usb cord?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Pain View Post
    Former game pad user here! game pad is great for this game however as others have said it's limited when compared to Mouse+KB, no fast palette switching (without macro programs) and TPS mode is awkward to use.
    Best advice on this topic, the majority are just "X is better" based on what they play .

I know that some features that makes gamepad usable are just a burden for KB+M use: weapon palette limited numbers, only 1 subpalette at any time, being forced to have 2 sets of keybinds for TPS/FPS and the console-like interface. But weapon switching is so important in this game it kills any gamepad usage.
    - Dual blade bouncers for example have to switch a lot because of element stance (or you can play dispersion shrike spam in break stance but you will be subpar).
    - Rangers have to switch between rifle and launcer very often and in the middle of the fight (or you can be that ranger who never uses WB because of switching and aiming).
    - There was a talk a about gunners : I played Gu for a long time and I feel like its important to be able to switch the weapon palette while comboing or flying of you will have to edit your weapon palette with every boss that spawns (or you can just spam elder rebellion from range)
    - KB+M looks better even for forces because the subpalette, while being small, allows the use of more techniques than the 3 slots tied to the weapons. This way you can have, for example, your normal attack spells tied to your weapon and buffs, heal, cc or megiverse and co all available at any time.

The game developpers have put much effort into making the game and the interface playable with a gamepad, but the best is to have a mouse with side buttons where you can keybind numpad 1 to 9. Just don't come here to defend the gamepad if you dont talk about joy2Key or something similar: you need to play the game some more before advising.
    Last edited by starwhisper; Feb 17, 2015 at 04:39 AM.

Weapon swapping isn't a big deal with pad tbh.