Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is gun-turret/chair damage fake? (New EQ & Elsewhere)

Nearly saw 2 guys get into a fist-fight over this the other day...
    While watching them scream curses into the public chat on a packed EQ was funny, it brought up something I sorta-noticed. What's a rumor/BS & what's the real story on all turrets?

On the new EQ at ocean vs Bal Rodos:
    There frequently appear standing turret things that shoot a 'beam' at enemies. Of course, I jump on one to see what it will do. Pointing it at a mob of normal enemies it seems to kill them in a usual way. Shooting it at Bal Rodos seems to do about 4240 damage per firing. SEEMS.

Guy A: The turret make Bal fall down so always shoot him with the turret
    Guy B: The turret is fake, the damage number you see is a sham, it does nothing/always ignore it
    Woman C: The turret damage is only fake on XH, all other diffs. it actually does damage

But then, the machinegun style turrets, based on how fast something like a Goldrada...say, dies how many "899" or whatever has to come out of him before he dies by a turret, vs how many 2k hits of whatever the FO is using? The turret DPS looks really high! Tons of numbers! But then, why does it seem faster when people kill the monster in a normal way?

Why make a fake gizmo that does no damage? Seems like a stupid mechanic.
    It's not even if it does/doesn't make him fall, a melee character on a turret can do XXXX damage while the Bal is reared up/out of range to that character......which is better than nothing? It's not like you have to run 32958 miles to reach the boss when it DOES fall. Why get THAT MAD?

What is turret damage based off of, your ATK, or are they independent of people?
    Are the numbers they do really fluff, and the actual damage is way lower? (If so, what's the point of writing out fake damg numbers?)
    Are they a red-herring on SH & EXH meant to make players waste their time so others die?
    DO they make bal rodos fall on any difficulty level in the new EQ? (I honestly couldn't tell him falling more or less depending on turret use)

Just aiming to get rid of /clear up any turret rumors because with Red Hot Valentine out (it spawns loads of turrets) the rumors & freakouts I watch take place are increasing.

Turrets are independent of people and do the displayed damage, it's just that players' damage is far better than every cannon. The Photon Cannon is alright, but it's still pretty restrictive and not worth farming for in TDs that aren't 3.

On that note the cannons in Ocean EQ and Facility do make Bal Rodos fall over if you hit him in the jaw enough times.

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

He's talking about the cannons used on Rodos, yes they're the only way to stun the rodos into falling down. Yes, the damage sucks on them, but thats not the point of those cannons.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

As for machine gun turret .....

Normally, players damage is much more superior than machine gun turret, but sometimes, it's better to spawn that machine gun turret on TD. Well, because .... you know, PUGs can have under-geared characters. And that turret can help them.

I did it once with random JP party in TD2 before ..... after someone said in he's under-geared. We spawned those turret whenever the older ones depleted, and it does help. Under-geared character can help tagging the mobs too with those turret (other people killed the mobs) or help kill the mobs when someone else draws the aggro.

Well, usually under-geared characters can help collecting crystals, but someone else in mpa seems really want to go collecting crystals, so ....
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Should also note Bal Rodos' true weakpoint is his lower jaw. Stunning him with the cannons will expose it and make it very easy to hit.

Water canon on facility are used to stun bal rodos, if you shot him in the mouth.
    Turret damage are always shit regardless of difficulty level.

Seems to be a common occurrence for EN people to publically argue about stuff as if it's fact, without anyone actually knowing anything about what they're talking about.

Guy A: My random assumption is true!
    Guy B: You're wrong, my random assumption is truer!
    Woman C: You're both wrong, my even more random assumption is the truest yet!

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Er, not really. It's pretty rare to see any chat going on during an EQ with randoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Turret damage are always shit regardless of difficulty level.
    Turrets in normal mode tower defenses are actually pretty overpowered
    >_>
    <_<
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.