Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    It's not that bad at all, what are you talking about? Male:Female costume release ratio is around 1:2 if you ignore the recolours, 1:3 if you compare the male releases with Elin. It's pretty much the same as PSO2.
    uhhh...
    no, go look at eme's cash shop and look at the number of female costumes to male costumes right now.

It's such a problem that half the threads on the tera NA forums is about "So when are males going to get their next costume?"

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

The last time I counted all available cash shop costumes in the game the result was ~20 male costumes and ~31 for female, ignoring recolours which widens the gap a bit.

So no, it's not as bad. As I said, the actual problem is how infrequently stuff is released, which makes it feel like a much bigger problem.
    Last edited by Gardios; Feb 23, 2015 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeria View Post
    I didn't play PSU (online) much so I wouldn't know that...hence why I am surprised.
    Best advice is to play whatever class/gender you want. Each class has it advantages. Plus I forgot to add the gender based weapons. Sadly, sex sells and that's why you see more outfits for females and less for males. I played as my own gender on PSU but I made a few female in PSP2. I was attempting to 100% the weapon catalog. =/
    You should play PSO2 however and enjoy it for the content.

I keep hearing that people are getting bored due to logging in to do missions to just make money. I don't know the exact details since I am not playing PSO2.
    But sega will probably find a way to add replay value to their own game. They usually do.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Feb 23, 2015 at 08:32 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

The problem is also that the male costumes tend to suck a lot and not even it all the races, which makes 20 be a much smaller number than it look like on paper.

That, and the infrequency of the releases that you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    LOL FUNNY THING IS I STOPPED PLAYING PSO2 FOR A WHILE TO HOP ON TERA

And yea, Tera's male costume situation is probably way worse than pso2's,
    It's like a 20:1 female to male ratio of costume/accessory releases. Quite Depressing, which is why I'm coming back :/
    You came back for more dress up? I took a break to play TERA and came back because the combat was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    You came back for more dress up? I took a break to play TERA and came back because the combat was boring.
    well combat too.

But i kinda feel like pso2 combat feels a bit repetitive and 1 dimensional with it's left and right clicking after I got a taste of Dragon Nest competitive PVP, SA breaks air juggles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    well combat too.

But i kinda feel like pso2 combat feels a bit repetitive and 1 dimensional with it's left and right clicking after I got a taste of Dragon Nest competitive PVP, SA breaks air juggles etc.
    I guess that is pretty true. I don't really mind it though, since I play 3 characters and usually end up having to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I guess that is pretty true. I don't really mind it though, since I play 3 characters and usually end up having to solo.
    because I'm on ship 7, I've soloed through the whole game without a cent spent

But it still feels a bit 1 dimensional despite playing ever class up to level 60 to 75 with the exception of FO/te

When you first play a few classes it's really fun and addicting, but once you got teh order down, an dyou know the boss patterns... it's just... yea.

I don't even feel like leveling some of my classes past level 60 anymore because it feels like a huge chore at this point :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrian-x View Post
    The only thing i LOVE of the shortage of male characters is that i can buy almost all the costumes i like for my male character for the price a single Female decent costume costs.

Likewise, i can sell the Female costumes for a much bigger profit.
    I deleted my male cast when I just perpetually wasn't happy with his looks/coloration, and sold the parts for like 15-20m on like 2-3 sets. That was actually significantly more than my newearl costums added up somehow, and I'm pretty sure it still is.

I have no clue how that even worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    It's actually quite important because it reflects on PSOW's image as a whole. In other parts of the internet, PSOW is seen as a bunch of raging no-lifers. That's hardly the way to attract new players or make a convincing case that this game deserves to come to the West.
    In my experience, it's actually very common that in gaming communities, that the regular message board (vBulletin or otherwise) tends to be less friendly. It probably comes down to a lot of little reasons, but more active/thriving communities tend to use other platforms as well for friendly and easy-to-join communities.

I like tera online for the combat and glyphs which makes the game fun or interesting in some ways. My only complaint with Tera is the community sucks and the GM's ignore a lot of issues involving end-game content that related to PVP (Player vs Player).
    Last edited by Noblewine; Feb 23, 2015 at 08:38 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.