Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    I deleted my male cast when I just perpetually wasn't happy with his looks/coloration, and sold the parts for like 15-20m on like 2-3 sets. That was actually significantly more than my newearl costums added up somehow, and I'm pretty sure it still is.

I have no clue how that even worked out.
    Its the Gundam/Zoids/Macross/Insert robo anime here love.

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    story complete?

goddamn, then it's not even worth playing anymore =.="
    The original story arc as well as the Argon arc. The Arch Deva story was expanded upon recently and is not going to end anytime soon. We should probably stop talking about TERA though...

Oh wait no, one thing I did enjoy from TERA, despite character creationg overall being more limited: BEARDS. We're only getting facial hair as part of collabs...
    Last edited by Gardios; Feb 23, 2015 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    We all know many players take better care of their slutty appearance than their equipment.
    Uh.

Fuckin'-A right.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    Best advice is to play whatever class/gender you want. Each class has it advantages. Plus I forgot to add the gender based weapons. Sadly, sex sells and that's why you see more outfits for females and less for males. I played as my own gender on PSU but I made a few female in PSP2. I was attempting to 100% the weapon catalog. =/
    You should play PSO2 however and enjoy it for the content.

I keep hearing that people are getting bored due to logging in to do missions to just make money. I don't know the exact details since I am not playing PSO2.
    But sega will probably find a way to add replay value to their own game. They usually do.
    I hope you're right that's pretty much why I'm bored with it at the moment, nothing really seems that interesting when you're not after money at the moment. So I started using my lower levelled characters, and I'm quite enjoying the difference in playability.

Speaking of male characters, though, they always stand out in a crowd to me, basically just because they're male. The demographics are funny, too- I find most male characters I run into belong to Western gamers, and to newer players.

I can't make heads or tails of what most characters look like in an MPA, and to be honest I don't like much of the outfits, which come off as impractical, over-cluttered or just plain silly... But I still think everyone should get themselves a giant RAcast

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    In my experience, it's actually very common that in gaming communities, that the regular message board (vBulletin or otherwise) tends to be less friendly. It probably comes down to a lot of little reasons, but more active/thriving communities tend to use other platforms as well for friendly and easy-to-join communities.
    PSOW is more like a TamrielFoundry than an ElderScrollsOnline.com and the former was a lot less toxic from what I remember - people actually shared useful information instead of complaining! Granted, complaints on the official forum were somewhat justifiable due to the terrible state of game at launch, but still.

Secret World is a niche game, slow official forums but a lot less rage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    What is Opera
    A browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    I hope you're right that's pretty much why I'm bored with it at the moment, nothing really seems that interesting when you're not after money at the moment. So I started using my lower levelled characters, and I'm quite enjoying the difference in playability.

Speaking of male characters, though, they always stand out in a crowd to me, basically just because they're male. The demographics are funny, too- I find most male characters I run into belong to Western gamers, and to newer players.

I can't make heads or tails of what most characters look like in an MPA, and to be honest I don't like much of the outfits, which come off as impractical, over-cluttered or just plain silly... But I still think everyone should get themselves a giant RAcast
    Sega usually does some neat things and the collaborating with some companies that own anime have added some things. PSO2 is basically like other installment in the Phantasy Star games where everything is available but locked within the games data. The stuff that's unlocked or eventually will be available will help but I'm afraid restricting people to ships upon registration and after making a character is a dumb decision causing limitation of finding/making friends.
    Scrub question: what MPA. That's the TACO missions I see often on here.
    I understand the problem with the outfits and wish SEGA would repeat what they did when designing the outfits in PSO/PSZ.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Feb 23, 2015 at 09:54 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Which only implies MANY BUT NOT ALL of them are. Do you feel concerned ?.........
    We all know many players take better care of their slutty appearance than their equipment.
    Be sure it saddens me like it saddens you. But if you're not blind/gone, you know it's true.
    If you bothered reading the thread you'd know exactly where I stand on this, but I guess playing for stats and playing for sex appeal aren't mutually exclusive. My female is dressed in Cathedral Cross. Complete with the hairstyle. Face and hands are the only body parts exposed. Scandalous, I know.

And no, I can't really say that, because most people I know and have met pay more attention to either being fashionable, their gear, or both. Not being as stripperific as possible. Gotta question what kind of people you're playing with to get an impression otherwise. Looking good is not synonymous with looking like a prostitute. Hell, the best players I know can afford both excellent equipment (certainly well beyond whatever you're using) and still manage to be fashionistas with plenty of meseta to spare. Talking hundreds of millions. Because they're good, they can make more of a profit, and because they make more of a profit, they can afford more stuff, including aesthetics.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Feb 23, 2015 at 10:46 PM.

I always feel so out of place at the Black Nyack table. It's kind of funny though.

Plus it's also funny because it makes it look like in the far future life will return to some polygamous society like the days of Noah or some shit.

...maybe that's why we're called 'Ark's.
    Last edited by Angelo; Feb 23, 2015 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    PSOW is more like a TamrielFoundry than an ElderScrollsOnline.com and the former was a lot less toxic from what I remember - people actually shared useful information instead of complaining! Granted, complaints on the official forum were somewhat justifiable due to the terrible state of game at launch, but still.

Secret World is a niche game, slow official forums but a lot less rage too.
    I was actually basing the observation on third party message boards that had some popularity. Official forums are standard message boards, I'll admit, but they are usually host to TONS of complaints/criticism than useful information.

My comparison would roughly be between TamrielFoundry and other discussions on social media (like FB groups, subreddits like /r/ElderScrollsOnline, imageboards, ingame groups, etc). People in those groups generally tend to appreciate the informative threads, but not the community or general discussion sections. Regular message boards tend to have much richer information, but give a much colder reception to newer players, especially outside of a Q&A or newbie thread. This is a common trend on several different communities, which is why it's kind of interesting.

I see a similar dynamic on:
    SmashBoards compared to /r/SmashBros
    BlueGartr and either /r/FFXIV or /r/FFXI, depending on which MMO you talk about
    DFOSource/Nexus isn't well-liked at all by those outside the subcommunity (though it's not/wasn't as informative as either of the two I listed above).
    Monster Hunter doesn't really have that much of a third-party independent message board (I guess there's GFAQs?), but there are several helpful smaller communities.

Also, Opera has the best new tab page, and outside of a few minor quips (HTML5 sites not quite working on mobile, HTTP Switchboard being awkward compared to Noscript) I'd use it instead.
    Last edited by Walkure; Feb 23, 2015 at 11:20 PM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I have a male character. I pretty much stopped playing with him. To the point that I'm considering deleting him. =E