Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

My female newman has changed clothes like 3 times in two years, basically because she is not the typical kawaii/loli/waifu and I try her to be more serious. I guess I have the same problem as males since 90% of what is released are skimpy designs. Oh and yeah, went female for the T-atk, not that stats are that important in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skize View Post
    1) RA/BR is just so much fun and challenging compared to me FO/TE. Spam Namegid/IlMegid all day to win kukukuku
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, the meta now is Fire FO/TEs. Although I'm seeing more variety now with some Ice FO/TE or FO/FI. I even see some that are Wind FO/TE. (I, myself run pure Light or Dark FO/TE depending on the mood.) Some may not be as fast to clear as Fire FOs, but they're still okay.

As for me... Well, I made two females as well. One is my primary spellcaster, while the other character is a Ranger main class. (Although I just end up playing with my Force character because it's a hassle to redo everyone.) If I had a third slot, I'd probably make a male character. Although he wouldn't be "omfg, super buff handsome" but more of thin and uh... Flamboyant?
    Last edited by Magicks; Feb 23, 2015 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    It was this one but upon further inspection I see it has heels, so scratch what I said. The Unisex one comes out in the second half.
    Spoiler!
    No, you were right. That one... actually is... for guys. SideB has these for guys:

Spoiler!

The last one wasn't even designed for guys in the first place.

I still can't believe that's what the guys will get, considering all the other male design entries. At least Fenrir Coat looks good on young guys...
    Last edited by Gardios; Feb 23, 2015 at 01:09 PM.

I have only one character I actually play, that being male, and I get put in so many MPAs with nothing but females that it's just weird. 9/10 I'm taller than everyone else too. Not to mention I hardly care about the very minor race bonuses.

In the end it's definitely Sega's fault, look at how many hairstyles for females there are compared to males and how many accessories fit with females but would look odd on a male.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    No, you were right. That one... actually is... for guys. SideB has these for guys:

Spoiler!

The second one wasn't even designed for guys in the first place.

I still can't believe that's what the guys will get. At least Fenrir Coat looks good on young guys...
    What the hell?
    *sigh* So now we're cross dressing? That's really disappointing...And I was liking the Fenris until I saw those goofy boots. It's times like this I miss the mix and matching of PSU.

I'm like...legit saddened by these clothing choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn Reid View Post
    I have only one character I actually play, that being male, and I get put in so many MPAs with nothing but females that it's just weird. 9/10 I'm taller than everyone else too. Not to mention I hardly care about the very minor race bonuses.

In the end it's definitely Sega's fault, look at how many hairstyles for females there are compared to males and how many accessories fit with females but would look odd on a male.
    I'll be honest, I've never cared too much about the race bonuses either in this game. PSO had better racial stats and abilities that made somewhat of a difference (Like CAST immunity to poison and HP regen) and that doesn't really exist here.
    Last edited by Chimeria; Feb 23, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Japanese media generally favors girls unless it's a shounen series or otherwise directed toward young males, so it's to be expected that something like PSO2 favors girls.

Personally speaking, I pick gender based on three things.

1) If gender affects how characters treat the player, I pick male
    2) If gender affects statistical gameplay, I pick whatever I deem most useful
    3) If gender has no effect on anything, I pick female

PSO2 falls under 2), so I have a male Dewman for S-ATK and a female Newman for T-ATK, and if I want to play an R-ATK class I'll make a female Cast for that. Currently at a 1:1 ratio with a possibility to go to 1:2.

Player population surveys, as I recall, showed that the male:female ratio was something like 1:3 or 1:4. EP2's indicates 31.9% of characters are male, and 68.1% are female, which is just slightly less than 1:2. Don't think the survey for EP3 has hit yet. If it hasn't, then it's a wait-and-see to find out how the ratio is doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeria View Post
    "Well, If I'm going to play a game for hours, I'd rather look at a woman's ass all day then a guy's..."
    There's something about this "reasoning" that I would like to die. The idea that, during normal gameplay, a person would be staring at a female character's hindquarters long enough to enjoy it (and not just taking quick, meaningless glances), uninterrupted by actually playing the game (which is a higher priority task that requires more attention and brainpower than simply staring at said female character's posterior), when one could simply take a short break to take care of that business. It's simply nonsensical to pick a girl for this reason. Not to say that picking characters based on orientation or aesthetic is wrong, but specifically the part about staring at the character's ass during gameplay. Anyone that actually does that should be focusing on actually playing the game so that they don't faceplant (though they probably don't mind that if they're wearing a skirt).
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Feb 23, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SakoHaruo View Post
    Only a few more days until Davin.
    Davin's got his outfit all lined up, but no one will get to see it until I start Episode 2 of the Let's Play. This scratch will be all about Niare lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    No, you were right. That one... actually is... for guys.

If Polaris gets finalized and everything, I'd wish we'd be able to submit our own ideas for outfits to get it in the Polaris server. That way, we have decent Male outfits for a change. But I don't think we'll be able to make our own outfits will we?
    Last edited by Stealthcmc1974; Feb 23, 2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

I blame the fact that male CASTs look like scaled down mechs and female CASTs actually look like androids.

Well:

1- Male Newman is useless unless you want to focus on melee Te or something like that. The female has more T-Attack as a base.

2- Female Dewman has more base dex so you can go with a full S-MAG without being worried about equipment.

So stats being different on genders have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    EP2's indicates 31.9% of characters are male, and 68.1% are female, which is just slightly less than 1:3.
    Those percentages are much closer to a 1:2 ratio than a 1:3 ratio. Being ~1:2 is actually better than I would have thought in terms of how close to balanced the gender numbers are.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).