Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Toejam & Earl Reboot/Sequel

For what it's worth, this could be a thing. Not sure how many TJ&E fans exist here, but I figured "Hey, it's a den of PSO fans, there has to be some here who'd love this".

And the kickstarter, if you guys are actually interested in supporting it (I'm not going to, but that's for financial reasons - I would if I had the money).

The song & animation they released along with the Kickstarter is surprisingly great.

Pretty nice. I would love to go back to the Floating Islands of Funk. (Yep. My description of Toe Jam & Earl 1 and 3 is my new Band name)
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

OH MY GOD YESYESYESYEEEEEESSSSSSOHFODYEZ HERES 200 FROM MY NEXT PAY CHECK D: Godspeed Toe Jam & Earl godspeed you glorious bastards!

I heard about this while watching some video game related news. Nice to see some reboots happening of games I consider challenging.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

The Mega Drive had some very underrated gems. I'm still waiting for an Alisia Dragoon reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    The Mega Drive had some very underrated gems. I'm still waiting for an Alisia Dragoon reboot.
    I hear that, that'd be awesome! Plus Gunstar Heroes and Alien Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    And yes. PSO2 is space barbies. And we all look fabulous.
    [PSO2] Player ID: steeltamashii
    Sepherene (RAmarl)
    Team: Mirage Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    I heard about this while watching some video game related news. Nice to see some reboots happening of games I consider challenging.
    And that's the big thing to hope for. That they at least have a selection to play it as more challenging. The one main fallacy of Toe Jam and Earl 3 was that it was easy compared to the original, even though it faithfully recreated the original experience in 3D (for the most part). Some key enemies (Evil Mailbox and Dentist) just weren't aggressive enough so it was a little too easy to escape them without notable items. Enemies where in the original, if you were mainly itemless you'd panic. Otherwise, they had it down pat. It was an improvement to remove the *insta death* present, since it was down to pure luck (or a refusal to test *any* presents) as to whether you died or not. But with that removal, they need to buff enemies so that difficulty rises along with the fighting chance. The Spring shoes were particularly exhilarating to use, back then. But alas, the right amount of difficulty makes the game; too easy or too impossible breaks it.

So here's hoping they bring back a few enemies where if you didn't have much in items, you'll have a hard time escaping.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Mar 4, 2015 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    And that's the big thing to hope for. That they at least have a selection to play it as more challenging. The one main fallacy of Toe Jam and Earl 3 was that it was easy compared to the original, even though it faithfully recreated the original experience in 3D (for the most part). Some key enemies (Evil Mailbox and Dentist) just weren't aggressive enough so it was a little too easy to escape them without notable items. Enemies where in the original, if you were mainly itemless you'd panic. Otherwise, they had it down pat. It was an improvement to remove the *insta death* present, since it was down to pure luck (or a refusal to test *any* presents) as to whether you died or not. But with that removal, they need to buff enemies so that difficulty rises along with the fighting chance. The Spring shoes were particularly exhilarating to use, back then. But alas, the right amount of difficulty makes the game; too easy or too impossible breaks it.

So here's hoping they bring back a few enemies where if you didn't have much in items, you'll have a hard time escaping.
    That's sounds cool. I saw a video of AVGN play it with a friend and the game looked fun. Though I found out they made another and it was a generic platformer. Here's hoping they try to make a game that's similar to the first one but better.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    That's sounds cool. I saw a video of AVGN play it with a friend and the game looked fun. Though I found out they made another and it was a generic platformer. Here's hoping they try to make a game that's similar to the first one but better.
    Which would be something akin to TJ&E 3, if they fixed the issues I mentioned. It was exactly a 3D version of the exact style of game as the first one, not the platformer. Just needed to not be afraid to make certain enemies tougher. Maybe also not be as cutscene-heavy, at the beginning. They should totally keep the flavor, but present everything seamless, in the environment, during gameplay.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Mar 6, 2015 at 03:22 PM.