Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Level 50 Braver and need a lot of help!

Hello
    I have been playing for about 2 weeks, and I am starting to run into some road blocks I need a little advice on everything really. I play braver and I am level 50 right now. I am not sure if my stats are where they should be so Ima post it here. But Im fairly confident I am lacking in every category because I wen't into this game head first without looking at too many guides :P

Here are my current stats:

Braver lv50
    Hunter lv30

HP 712
    PP 109
    SATK 1246
    RATK 478
    DEX 406
    SDEF 1072
    RDEF 765
    TDEF 649

MAG: lv 87
    Striking: 54
    Dex: 31
    Range 1

I don't know how to show skill trees, but I'm basically following a basic katana build I found online with little deviation (pretty much KC, AS, and FS are the only abilities I leveled with some points in a few other smaller skills)
    But are these okay stats for my level?
    And I have 3 major issues that I need help with:
    TLDR in ">"

1.) My biggest and most urgent problem right now is gear progression. I am a lv50br/30hu and I still use red weapons (7-9 stars) and green units(4-6 stars). So far I have been able to ignore my trash gear because I was capable of soloing everything, even in VH difficulties. This game (for me at least) has been a bit of a breeze so far. Bosses are fairly easy to read, especially when you can parry all damage and have a spammable i-frame dodge (yeah, thats what playing Vindictus would do to you, I wouldn't be this good if I didn't play that game )

But now the instances are starting to be a little too much for me to manage. The AQs are very difficult (because I tend to get one shot when I DO get hit...by anything) And I just unlocked something called Extreme quests, which I imagine are even more difficult than the AQ. I'm not even going to attempt that because my gear is horrid and I'l get pwned.

How do I get 10 star weapons and units? I haven't seen any drop, ever. I have gotten a few random 10* weapons from the "SECRET WEAPON" thing. I really could use a Katana upgrade. I would like to obtain 10* gear without buying from the player shops, because I don't have premium and want to keep it that way for as long as possible. And Im a bit low on gold because I bought a new costume (looks>gear. Its always been like that for me in any game. I know, its a REALLY bad habit...)
    >How do I get 10* weapons/units?
    >What gear should I have at level 50?

2.)My second problem is level progression. It is becoming very difficult to level efficiently at this point. I am running out of quests and seeing large diminishing returns from them anyways, so I'm guessing questing is not a viable way to level up past level 50. How do I continue leveling efficiently? I have no friends and have never talked to anyone in this game yet. I am in a team but I honestly have no idea how I got into this team, when I got in, who these people are, and why I should stay. I have never communicated with anyone here or gotten any invites or greetings from anyone (that I know of:P) The only reason I stayed this long is for the team quests. So it goes without saying I am looking for some friends to play with.
    >What is the best way to level up after level 50?
    >LF friends to play with, getting really lonely

3.) My final problem is with Hunter. I was messing around with the hunter weapons and I want to use a hunter weapon as a secondary (just for fun when I get bored of Katana). And I need to choose a weapon to use when I do level up hunter anyways. Which weapon has the best synergy with Katanas? I wanted to go Sword because of its slow and heavy playstyle, but its a little...TOO slow compared to the speed of Katana, and I can't grasp the playstyle. How do you play effectively with Swords? are they 1v1 or Aoe weapons? I don't see how this thing is viable in ANY situation...

I am also interested in the wired lance weapons, which seems like the more balanced pick. They have a lot of Aoe, WAY quicker than swords, and I can solo better with them. Im not itnerested in the spears or glaives...or whatever its called
    >What is generally the best hunter weapon to use?
    >Should I even bother using hunter weapons as br/hu?
    Last edited by jayssle26; Feb 28, 2015 at 09:06 PM. Reason: typos, grammar, clarification, etc

I am using this as a baseline:

http://tinyurl.com/pazdc53

I left some spare Hunter points on purpose, so you can choose to go for defense or full S-ATK.

If you're a katana braver, there's no need for another weapon, if you want a hunter weapon, then you go either HU/FI or FI/HU, since those are much stronger than BR/HU or HU/BR.

As for equipment, you'll begin to see those in VH, join EQs, especially boosted ones and you'll get lots of 10* gear. Just focus in getting there for now. Once you get decent equips, grind them to 10 asap.

On Quarry, you can easily get a 10* katana named Kongougin really easy from one of the robots, it's the easiest 10* drop in the game, and it is as powerful as an Agito if you're not doing the matterboards(you can get an Agito there, but takes a while). And later on you'll get a Ken'ei which is also decent.

LF friends to play with, getting really lonely
    Also, feel free to add me, same ID as forum name, I can help you out in-game too.
    Last edited by Edson Drake; Feb 28, 2015 at 09:10 PM.

Ok
    Thats really unfortunate, I wish I could use them sexy ass swords...even though I suck with them

I will try to get that katana and will add you too

When you say EQ do you mean Extreme Quest or Emergency Quest? I do some emergency quests from time to time because its quick xp, but never seen many good drops.

Also any advice on leveling up after 50?

Swords basically require HU main because of Fury Gear(main class skill only), since they're only good with full gear. You're going with a S-ATK character, so you can always change to HU/FI later on.

EQ is emergency quest. Extreme quest is XQ.

For leveling, keep doing the client orders, all of the NPCs have decent orders, stack them by region and clear them all. There's a good LQ going on right now which you should make good use, join them in VH and SH when you can.

Also keep doing your daily orders and use the cash to buy exp boosters from the player shops and trade those photon drops for photon spheres and trade some of those for the 75% exp boosters. As soon as you step into SH/XH the exp just flies when you use boosters.
    Last edited by Edson Drake; Feb 28, 2015 at 09:38 PM.

The best source of 10* weapons and also EXP is emergency quests. Especially tower defense and Magatsu for 10*, but others will do in a pinch too. Just run them whenever one is available and hope for good drops.

The best source of good units is actually an NPC, Zieg. Do his crafting-related client orders and you'll receive tokens that can be exchanged for 11* units, and quite decent ones to that. If you don't know what to do, there is a guide on this here forum. Also remember that you need the ep 3 matterboard to be active to do his COs.

By the way, try to feed your mag for full s-atk. If it's in danger of gaining a dex point, feed it items that lower dex such as furniture or even a monomate.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:16 PM.

Abuse Hans every day. His SH COs can give you up to 60,000 exp on top of the free field run exp for every field in the game.

Doing Sanctum TA on super hard with the right COs from Hans can get you over 100,000 exp after the run is over.

huauhua maybe better restart
    braver have small S-ATK +
    waste pt dex mag

The Stats are Set depending on your race and gender, so nothing wrong there.

You can earn tons of experience doing Emergency quests, be sure to use some experience boost items everytime you go to one, and you are guaranteed to go up couple levels each time.

Also be sure to do the Daily orders that give you a triboost for 24hs. You can stack them up to 30%

You can earn tons of money doing the daily orders and the Klothos Client orders as well.

10* gears start to pop on superhard, mainly in emergency quest again.

Im not much of a fan of Wired lances, but I think you might enjoy playing with partizans, they are much faster thans swords and have a better AoE overall (aside from the Sword PA Over End).

If you need someone to play some time, feel free to add me in game. Same ID as here

About the hunter weapons, wire lance do synergy well with katana. Hold Current pa from wire lance do alot dps on its tipe, very good for stunned boss, you just need to get used its range

Quote Originally Posted by schnee4 View Post
    huauhua maybe better restart
    braver have small S-ATK +
    waste pt dex mag