Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tweaker problem, probably... [Solved for now]

Spoiler!

So...yea. I don't know where did I do wrong there. Its been like this everytime there are new patch and always downloading 500-800MB+ of patches while maintenance notes said that the patch is somewhere in 30-50MB. Badly need help .3.
    Last edited by Nazuna; Mar 3, 2015 at 11:11 PM.

Did you ever do the 'Remove Opening Videos' thing? If yes, the Tweaker could be redownloading all of them again due to them not existing in the data files.

And checking my Tweaker, it's also more than what this maintenance update gives which is around 30MB. Mine downloaded update with size of 174MB.

Now, I'm wondering too...=3=
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Did you ever do the 'Remove Opening Videos' thing? If yes, the Tweaker could be redownloading all of them again due to them not existing in the data files.

And checking my Tweaker, it's also more than what this maintenance update gives which is around 30MB. Mine downloaded update with size of 174MB.

Now, I'm wondering too...=3=
    Well, removing the intro video might makes sense, but 800MB seems overkill for 3 video o3o;

Those are badly encoded videos, what did you expect.

Do you use the large files of the english patch, or maybe the story patch? Those are big files.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    Do you use the large files of the english patch, or maybe the story patch? Those are big files.
    I use all yes. But I thought Tweaker makes backup of the original JP files upon En patch installs and re-install the backups before checking files for new update.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazuna View Post
    I use all yes. But I thought Tweaker makes backup of the original JP files upon En patch installs and re-install the backups before checking files for new update.
    Did you use the backup? You might have thought you did, but forgot to set it up. I don't know the specifics for Tweaker, though.

Weird, I just updated and only had to download 11MB; running a file check now. But yeah, if you used back-ups, it might be the opening movies.

Oh well, sometimes this happens =w=

@Nazuna
    What I do each time there's maintenance like this: If there's pop-up saying there's update to be downloaded, I cancel it 1st and then manually restore the back-up(s). Then I proceed with 'Checking for PSO2 Update'.
    It's an old habit of mine since before Tweaker got the fancy and easier-to-use update. But, something could be up with backup auto-restore or something else, and manually restoring them could somehow avoid me from the issues.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Oh well, sometimes this happens =w=

@Nazuna
    What I do each time there's maintenance like this: If there's pop-up saying there's update to be downloaded, I cancel it 1st and then manually restore the back-up(s). Then I proceed with 'Checking for PSO2 Update'.
    It's an old habit of mine since before Tweaker got the fancy and easier-to-use update. But, something could be up with backup auto-restore or something else, and manually restoring them could somehow avoid me from the issues.
    So manually like, use the tweaker's option to reinstall the original JP files 1st then proceed to patch? Or there's specific directory that I need to copy and paste the original backup somewhere and put it in the place.