Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    d to the ios p to the adre

when I bought the game I didn't know that i forfeited my rights to complain, feel dissapointed by, or do anything but sing the praises of sonic team. please forgive me for being the asshole that I was by not abiding to the aforementioned points.

you don't have a choice.

Its not about praising 'everything' that sonic team does. Lets face it they made an AWESOME game...
    If we are not careful this will end up like the everquest scene when they guys try to do a software patch and everyone is like "Man F/k VeranT, they SUCK!".
    Theres just no pleasing some people I guess...

I wouldn't mind at all if thier move really do stop all the duper out there. but as far as I understand, If you have a game shark (or what ever it is that works) there's still nothing that can stop u from flooding the market with rares.

People keep saying dont cheat, play fair, dont do anything that I wouldn't do because its EVIL.

Honestly, PSO could have been a very nice happy place if only Sega would have done this one simple thing..... SERVER SAVE GAMES, but because of people losing items or losing their character people have this sudden urge to back up their files. Why they do this? Hmmm, lets see. BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO START ALL OVER AGAIN! Yes, I do enjoy playing this game ALOT but I refuse except if my character gets lost because of some stupid glitch and I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN, that is just BS!

Sega should take away this damn patch so people can back-up their character. It is not fair to those who are honest and lose their character or items.
    I know duping is bad and I do not support it.. Only wish Sega could think of something to stop it.
    There is one Idea sega can do. Like they do in EQ they make Very Rare Items as Lore items which allows the character to only have one of that item. That for sure will stop the mass duping.

Bah!
    More opinions that show obvious inexperience.
    Ambrai's want of a game that is not so unstable that losing your character is commonplace is legit.

Bah Bah!
    I can't belive how many lame posts I have seen that say, "Sega gave us this great game, so they should be worshiped! You are not grateful"
    *makes wretching sound*

If noone complained about problems they would never be fixed and games would never get better! Get it?!

Sheesh, being complacent never bred innovation.

Time invested in a game is both fun and work. Just like anything, if you want to be better you invest more time. It's very normal to want to preserve your investment. Yes you enjoyed the journey but reaping the rewards of your effort is nice too.
    I think I'm getting off topic...to wrap up this thought: No game should commonly lose your progress if It claims to keep it.

"Respect what they have done" - *gag*
    This is getting redundant.
    I refer to my earlier point:
    "If noone complained about problems they would never be fixed and games would never get better! Get it?!"

I have never lost a save on any DC game ever. Maybe if you ditched your "Hello Kitty" memory card and bought a licensed sega product you might not lose your characters so often.
    Next point: BSOD. You NEVER have to lose items with this. Just remove the phone cord and let the game time out!
    If you want a game with server side saving go and play Everquest. But guess what, people still complain about that too!
    Why shouldn't Sega get kudos for making a great game? Do you realize how much hard work is required to take a project from conception to implmentation? They did a good job. Jesus. Like I said before, there is no pleasing some people!

You know Finn I look forward to the day when you lose your character. I bet you wont be so happy then. =)

Given the vast spectrum of unpleasant events that can occur during a person's lifetime (war, pestilence, racism, The WB Channel), I think that losing a character on PSO ranks fairly low on the totem pole of "tragic events".
    I would much rather put up with starting a character from scratch that put up with dupers and cheaters.
    Just my opinion...

Okay fellow members of the board let me ask you this about the backup save.

If this were a game by SquareSoft say FF11 Online would you tolerate losing your character?

Of course you wouldn't accept it you would get mad and burn your copy of the game and drive a truck into heside of there headquaters with afew tons of fertilizer screaming Square sucks. Okay maybe you wouldn't do it but you get the point.

The fact is the majority would like to have a reliable way to save the data. And if Sega wants to compete in the future with PC and console online RPG's they must have it or else they will get plowed over by EQ,AC,UO and the rest of the alphabet soup games out there.