Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Wow this topic exploded. So are these comics bad or should I try to give them a chance?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Oh don't act innocent, you knew it was a controversial subject.

If there's one thing the on-going debate proves it's that everyone has their own tastes. Only you can decide for yourself if you like something or not.

As far as Lady Thor goes, it's too early to make a judgement call on the overall quality. I disagree with how heavy-handed they've been with the grrl power and the way they've been treating Odin like a senile old fool. Writers have been portraying Odin poorly for a while, so it's not totally new, but this run takes it to a whole new level.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    Wow this topic exploded. So are these comics bad or should I try to give them a chance?
    Saga's pretty great. It's not superheroes, but I've been consistently impressed with it.

You should read Sex Criminals. That's what you should read. You should not google Sex Criminals, though.

Atomic Robo's also a favorite and it's now being re-released for freeeeeee as a webcomic: http://www.atomic-robo.com

As far as superhero comics are concerned, I'm always at least six months behind (basically whenever they have Comixology sales) but the Scott Snyder/Greg Capullo Batman run has been pretty great. They recently finished up a new origin story called Zero Year which I've heard good things about but I have not read it at all. The Court of Owls - their first story that launched with the New 52 reboot - was fun, though.

Amazing Spider-Man has been... well, not great, but always consistently "pretty okay" for the past few years. There has been good and there has been bad. Superior Spider-Man sounded like the stupidest thing ever but it was actually a fun story. I've read bits and pieces since the relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man so I can't really vouch for the recent Spider-Verse event (except that it probably looks gorgeous since it has Olivier Coipel on a few issues).

I also recently read some of the recent Guardians of the Galaxy and All-New X-Men. They're both pretty good and probably show Bendis at his finest (snarky team books, basically), but they're ALSO super involved in what seems like endless crossover events. I think they just started a new one, in fact. I'd actually recommend just reading the first few issues and bailing as soon as the crossovers start (unless they've both gotten really good recently and I just didn't know it.)

I gotta say, I'm actually trying to cut back on my comics spending and am interested in checking out Marvel Unlimited. It's a $10/month service that gives you access to a massive backlog of comics, including most of their major releases that are six-months-old or older. I wasn't crazy about the user experience when I tried it out but it seems okay. I'm definitely spending at least $10/month on old Marvel comics on Comixology, so it'll probably be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonDrop View Post
    Oh don't act innocent, you knew it was a controversial subject.

If there's one thing the on-going debate proves it's that everyone has their own tastes. Only you can decide for yourself if you like something or not.

As far as Lady Thor goes, it's too early to make a judgement call on the overall quality. I disagree with how heavy-handed they've been with the grrl power and the way they've been treating Odin like a senile old fool. Writers have been portraying Odin poorly for a while, so it's not totally new, but this run takes it to a whole new level.
    Ok sorry. I was just sad with the stuff that's been happening lately. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Saga's pretty great. It's not superheroes, but I've been consistently impressed with it.

You should read Sex Criminals. That's what you should read. You should not google Sex Criminals, though.

Atomic Robo's also a favorite and it's now being re-released for freeeeeee as a webcomic: http://www.atomic-robo.com

As far as superhero comics are concerned, I'm always at least six months behind (basically whenever they have Comixology sales) but the Scott Snyder/Greg Capullo Batman run has been pretty great. They recently finished up a new origin story called Zero Year which I've heard good things about but I have not read it at all. The Court of Owls - their first story that launched with the New 52 reboot - was fun, though.

Amazing Spider-Man has been... well, not great, but always consistently "pretty okay" for the past few years. There has been good and there has been bad. Superior Spider-Man sounded like the stupidest thing ever but it was actually a fun story. I've read bits and pieces since the relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man so I can't really vouch for the recent Spider-Verse event (except that it probably looks gorgeous since it has Olivier Coipel on a few issues).

I also recently read some of the recent Guardians of the Galaxy and All-New X-Men. They're both pretty good and probably show Bendis at his finest (snarky team books, basically), but they're ALSO super involved in what seems like endless crossover events. I think they just started a new one, in fact. I'd actually recommend just reading the first few issues and bailing as soon as the crossovers start (unless they've both gotten really good recently and I just didn't know it.)

I gotta say, I'm actually trying to cut back on my comics spending and am interested in checking out Marvel Unlimited. It's a $10/month service that gives you access to a massive backlog of comics, including most of their major releases that are six-months-old or older. I wasn't crazy about the user experience when I tried it out but it seems okay. I'm definitely spending at least $10/month on old Marvel comics on Comixology, so it'll probably be worth it.
    Welp I might check up on them.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.