Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    SHAQ trade-in rods are better than all but a handful of wands (that are all XH, UQ, CQ, or a 12* DFE drop) for tech damage. Blue Rod is stronger than the majority of 10* wands, and even a few 11*s. Even awful rods are better than amazing wands for techs. Rods have tremendous T-ATK like that.
    As Te/Fo you'd mainly be using a talis so rods vs wands isn't important. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    This Build allows the use of rather good boosts but with a low T-ATK and no Resta Advance, Resta will be rather weak even if it's crafted and Tech power will be average. The damage may be here but it's too conditional like standing still and shooting weak points and using the weak element. It's seems like a mix of two known Builds and I don't think it's quite efficient. Well, at least it has Weak Bullet...

In any case, when 'good damage' and 'good support' are in the same sentence, TEchter/BOuncer is the best option. Long ago, SEGA had said TEchter would be the best Main/Sub Class for that. Not the best DPS of course, but an unmatched balance between attack and support. I know many of you rage about that because saying SEGA was right literally burns their mouth but it's true... If you like the Jet Boots gameplay, of course (which should be called Jet Boost).

Spoiler!
    I get that you like the class combo and I too find it fun. If you want the buffs of techer but don't like sitting around beating things with a stick it's perfect, but please, please, please, stop trying to make it out to be something it's not. All the good support aspects come from techer and the damage on the bouncer side is mediocre when compared to Te/Hu, Te/Fi, or even Te/Br wand whacking. Is it more engaging? Sure. But it's not providing anything that other Te combos can't already do as well or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    As Te/Fo you'd mainly be using a talis so rods vs wands isn't important. :P
    But then there's no reason to use Te/Fo over Fo/Te in the example Sizustar gave!

Needless to say, +1 for the rest of the post. But why does everyone say wand melee is boring...hurts my feelings ;w;

In any case, when 'good damage' and 'good support' are in the same sentence, TEchter/BOuncer is the best option.

you're going to have to tell me how you define "good damage"

This Build allows the use of rather good boosts but with a low T-ATK and no Resta Advance, Resta will be rather weak even if it's crafted and Tech power will be average. The damage may be here but it's too conditional like standing still and shooting weak points and using the weak element. It's seems like a mix of two known Builds and I don't think it's quite efficient. Well, at least it has Weak Bullet...
    Well, I think I've got a decent Te/Ra skill selection for the Techer aspect (again, focusing on full support and completely ignoring Wands). Can you recommend good Ranger skills to complement it?

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008

If I'm going to consider something like this, I need to know my role as a CC/debuffer via Weak Bullet and Gravity Bomb isn't going to be completely negated by other Rangers in a group. Because if that's the case, I may as well just stick with Wands and use Zondeel to gather everything into Wand explosions.
    Last edited by Foxhound3857; Mar 28, 2015 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    But then there's no reason to use Te/Fo over Fo/Te in the example Sizustar gave!

Needless to say, +1 for the rest of the post. But why does everyone say wand melee is boring...hurts my feelings ;w;
    Well the reason would be to have Te buffs but Fo gameplay. It definitely has lower personal damage for techs obviously.

I don't find Wand whacking that boring, I love the pretty explosions, it's just not all I wanna be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound3857 View Post
    If I'm going to consider something like this, I need to know my role as a CC/debuffer via Weak Bullet and Gravity Bomb isn't going to be completely negated by other Rangers in a group.
    I think I mentioned that it will be though. Like, that's one of the biggest problems with support in the game, it only takes one other person with one of your classes to make the best aspects of half of your support less important to the point where things would be better if you focused on your other class. That said, in smaller groups, like for AQs or XQs you can fill two roles at once, letting everyone else relax a bit more and focus on their own damage. That's when I usually use Te/Ra.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Mar 28, 2015 at 01:28 PM.

You know, just to drive the point home.

If you saw someone in your MPA with a 1* weapon, extended only to Ex1 with no element at +0, you'd consider them a total leech right?

With the proper class setup, they still do more damage than Te/Bo.

So please, never say you do "good damage" again. You don't even do "decent damage."

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound3857 View Post
    Well, I think I've got a decent Te/Ra skill selection for the Techer aspect (again, focusing on full support and completely ignoring Wands). Can you recommend good Ranger skills to complement it?
    Terrence doesn't really know what he's talking about, please ignore him. Te/Ra (and Ra/Te) are supposed to be built like that, because the idea is to take the advantages of both classes and put them together. Wands cover mobbing and Ranger weapons cover bosses (and some mobbing for Launchers). One of the most vital factors to the class combination is that it is heavily dependent on the rest of your MPA being very good, as well as your own equipment being superb. Otherwise you won't be able to hit the numbers you need to pull your own weight, and you'd be better off playing another class, since instead of being good at two things you're bad at two things.

This is also a big factor as to Ra/Te being optimal for TAs. Since the enemies are weaker in TAs, you don't need to hit as high numbers, making versatility a higher priority. You still need really good gear for optimal performance, of course.

Something like this, with tweaks to the Ranger tree, should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    You know, just to drive the point home.

If you saw someone in your MPA with a 1* weapon, extended only to Ex1 with no element at +0, you'd consider them a total leech right?

With the proper class setup, they still do more damage than Te/Bo.

So please, never say you do "good damage" again. You don't even do "decent damage."
    That's...impressive. In all the wrong ways.

I guess Zondeel and Wand combos it is.

I'm probably the one weird guy that does Te/Bo with rainbow dual blades instead of jet boots, but its not like its my main class combo anyway.

Signature by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by The_Brimada View Post
    I'm probably the one weird guy that does Te/Bo with rainbow dual blades instead of jet boots, but its not like its my main class combo anyway.
    I use DBs as Te/Bo but mainly for bosses. I just find DBs easier to use against big things.