Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    I can understand people being pissed on XH, but on SH and under, the level range is like 30 levels and the best way to level up at this point are EQs. The people who are pissed at under leveled player on SHEQ can only blame themselves for playing in random MPA. Hell, I'd like to see how these so called "elitist" played when they were under leveled.
    Those "elitist" players still take the time to make sure they have not-shit equips and still carry the MPA.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that at all in regards to people with bad builds having no friends, but most of the important EQs where your builds matter are scheduled a lot of the times. Most unscheduled ones are kill x for y points where nobody cares what you're running. Sure, there's the occasional unscheduled falz/TD but god forbid you have to use a proper build *sometimes*
    Eh, fair enough. I still have stuff to say, but don't care THAT much, I'm just hope one day people on either side won't have to worry about this. I'm going to continue not doing EQs. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Eh, fair enough. I still have stuff to say, but don't care THAT much, I'm just hope one day people on either side won't have to worry about this. I'm going to continue not doing EQs. :/
    I think the community is already very forgiving compared to other games. Nobody will get mad at you for running Gunner in something like TD1 even though it is suboptimal. Nobody ever asks you to play the best class combinations, just not the worst combinations. Nobody asks you to farm for months to get gear before they allow you to run Magatsu, or TD3.Compare this to other games where you can get kicked from parties simply for not playing the best class even though the others are fine. have you seen anyone rage at another person for playing Bo/Hu Jet Boots, even though it's not the best combination for boots and boots are a weak weapon? In another game, they would probably be kicked out of the party, but nobody bats an eye here.

I think the community is already very forgiving compared to other games. Nobody will get mad at you for running Gunner in something like TD1 even though it is suboptimal. Nobody ever asks you to play the best class combinations, just not the worst combinations. Nobody asks you to farm for months to get gear before they allow you to run Magatsu, or TD3.Compare this to other games where you can get kicked from parties simply for not playing the best class even though the others are fine. have you seen anyone rage at another person for playing Bo/Hu Jet Boots, even though it's not the best combination for boots and boots are a weak weapon? In another game, they would probably be kicked out of the party, but nobody bats an eye here.
    To piggyback off of this, I don't, personally, get mad at someone playing JB BoHu. I myself leveled JB Bo on my newman playing only TD1/2/3 post-50 since I only had a darker JB. But that's just it, I had a darker JB, I had reasonable equips. My problem is with the people who use some stupid 8* JB, not even +10 (let alone potential'd if it even has a useful one), using unaffixed saiki/hiel units. It's like... what are you doing, do you even play this game? Dailies + taco/xq will let you grind/affix for so cheap these days... you better have at the absolute minimum 60 attack on your gear. There is just no excuse for that shit anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Those "elitist" players still take the time to make sure they have not-shit equips and still carry the MPA.
    Most MPA have a 30 sec countdown, if they're on SH and see a bunch of level 50 people with terrible weapon, it's pretty obvious that run wont benefit them a lot. So when I see these guys on TD complaining all the time that they're #1 and everyone else suck, I just laugh at the fact that they're still there instead of changing block and finding a better random MPA elsewhere. Again, I can understand the elitist on XH being pissed because they can't check everyone's equip during the 30sec countdown, but on lower difficulty, it's pretty obvious when you check the nearby character's level.
    Last edited by AlphaBlob; Mar 28, 2015 at 08:42 PM.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

I agree, it's just really discouraging seeing things like 2ch's blacklist or the constant "This MPA sucked" comments. I just don't want to be the person that causes that kind of annoyance.
    you better have at the absolute minimum 60 attack on your gear. There is just no excuse for that shit anymore...
    Last edited by Kondibon; Mar 28, 2015 at 08:44 PM.

To piggyback off of this, I don't, personally, get mad at someone playing JB BoHu. I myself leveled JB Bo on my newman playing only TD1/2/3 post-50 since I only had a darker JB. But that's just it, I had a darker JB, I had reasonable equips. My problem is with the people who use some stupid 8* JB, not even +10 (let alone potential'd if it even has a useful one), using unaffixed saiki/hiel units. It's like... what are you doing, do you even play this game? Dailies + taco/xq will let you grind/affix for so cheap these days... you better have at the absolute minimum 60 attack on your gear. There is just no excuse for that shit anymore...

You know, I don't even care about gear. Just don't play some horrible nonsensical class combination and insist you are helping. look at the post I made earlier and you will understand why.

You know, just to drive the point home.

If you saw someone in your MPA with a 1* weapon, extended only to Ex1 with no element at +0, you'd consider them a total leech right?

With the proper class setup, they still do more damage than Te/Bo.

So please, never say you do "good damage" again. You don't even do "decent damage."

I understand why people are so against unorthodox class combinations (I don't play any personally), but I'd much rather someone with a strange class combo that was actually doing something than someone with a decent class combo who keeps sniffing the floor every two seconds and lacks any semblence of common sense. Maybe this guy can make a support build work and still do respectable damage. And the whole if there's one person with either of these classes makes you half as effective bit is kind of off too. It depends on which eq you're doing, tower defense example would benefit from multiple techers or rangers so that they could be split between key points. It's only for eqs where everyone sticks together that things get redundant and you can always fall back to secondary support and do some damage in the meantime. That being said if you do want to go for an unusual class combination try to have at least basic gear for that level range because you'll be starting off at a disadvantage to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by lnvisible View Post
    Maybe this guy can make a support build work and still do respectable damage.
    He originally wanted pure support, which just isn't practical as a main thing, we gave him a compromise with Te/Hu, and he can always level Ra (and I guess Bo) whenever he wants. Most of the current conversation started because Terrence insisted Te/Bo is the best option for a damage/support hybrid, when it's far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by lnvisible View Post
    And the whole if there's one person with either of these classes makes you half as effective bit is kind of off too. It depends on which eq you're doing, tower defense example would benefit from multiple techers or rangers so that they could be split between key points.
    I forgot to mention that. Thank you.

Wasn't Te/Ra a thing in TD actually?

Well, I play the game almost anything since SEGA has broken the game in terms of game design, or at least that thing is my opinion...

About the question of "What is a good Main/Sub combination for a FULL SUPPORT build?", my answer is this.

Unless SEGA fixs or even delete the thing that i'll tell you, WB's RA is the only support that you'll need, with the optional way of getting Jellen Shot, in the case that you really like supporting (Although maybe an obsolete skill since there exist a wand with Jellen). TE buffs are useful, yes, but since people are only worried about WBing a boss or not, to be honest, I don't recommend you playing with a support since NO ONE is worried for others. And that's an impression of every player who plays this game. That's the same way while people, incluiding me, wants tanking. NO ONE is worried for people like that, and even I play BO/HU since people talked me very well about the Bouncer Class, making even compatible with other melee weapons for more weapon variety (In the past i was HU/TE, firstly tank, and then a HU-semisupport, nowadays i play BO/HU for both weapons and some HU weapons).

One of the main problem of this game is since characters in this game is self-sufficient because you're extremely powerful , there is no need, even for making some strategies for many MPAs or EQs, excepting maybe for DFs and Magatsu. But the "Zerg Strategy" is the only thing that they'll need for looting everything.

This game is not considered as a MMO because there is not a "massive part" to be considered as an MMO, and the lobby with until 100 people... lol, that thing is near the same that a chat zone of Second Life... and even other PS games had got lobbies like PSO2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Sizustar:

Omg, if those posts about jp players wicking other players which play not optimally is true... to be honest, that thing makes players very aggresive. There are some newbie people which still don't know the game. If they were playing on a tournament like the ARKS GP, I can understand that attitude. Even I disagree seeing fun people in zones when that people is not ready to play in some games when the only goal is win, obviously when you're competing with other people for a prize.

But... in normal games? wtf?! especially with randoms?! To be honest, if you want optimal results, your team, and not playing randoms, should be much better than it, unless you're on a casual team which they play freely with basically no restrictions.

@LonelyGaruga:

Your post of optimal classes is good, but I would like telling you about Bo as a sub for melee classes. BO as a sub is a hard, although profitable sub, in the case that you've got a good element variety on your weapon pallete, and you prefer breaking parts ignoring the penalties of Brave Stance and Wise Stance (although there is not really a penalty unlike nova before 1.05 and pso2 ep2 before ep3), near the same that using BR as a sub for just Average Stance. Although there is some people with HU/Bo or FI/BO with just DB, that thing is not optimal because you can get 13* from C-Mode or UQs, and even it, Critical Strike and Limit Break won't be a good substitute comparing with a 13*... unless we were able to craft those weapon stars in the future.