Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound3857 View Post
    I'm not looking to be a damage dealer, I'm looking to be a healer and a buffer.

And failing that, is there any sort of "Paladin" main/sub combo, like a main/sub that can both solo with solid melee and high defense, with self heals and buffs?
    Anything can solo, but soloing is easyer the faster you kill the enemy, less time it takes = less possibilities the enemy will hit you. And techer is provably the most underperforming class in the game when it comes to attack. And when it comes to support... sorry, but Weak Bullet beats any other kind of support in terms of usefulness.

It might sound nice, but it doesn't do very much damage overall, and the best support you can offer in this game outside of TE buffs is... doing damage and Zondeel suction (plus Weak Bullet, but you shouldn't pair Weak Bullet and TE buffs because you'll be useless outside of those). To do damage as TE, you want to use Wand Smacks (its main weapon) and techniques if you have the right sub (Fi or Br).

This isn't a game where "full support" works. Feel free to do it, but don't be surprised if you feel absolutely useless after casting the first buffs, because this isn't a game where people need constant healing, and every single class can crowd control in this game. There doesn't need to be dedicated crowd controllers people for most content, and even if you are the crowd controller with Zondeel, you should be doing your own damage.

I think this would be most useful: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008

Going with the wonk build while being tanky. Possibly try to always keep Shifta and Deband up.

TE/BO is pretty much the most support heavy combination in the game.

TE's supportive skills. Territory Burst, Shifta Strike, Deband Tougness, Reverser Field, Rebirth Bonus, Shita Critical, Deband Cut, Resta Advance, Extend Assist, Long time Assist.

BO's supportive skills. Critical Field, Elemental PP Field, Heal Share, Heal Bonus.

Then use JB since JB has Shifta, Deband, and Zanverse built into 3 of its PAs, all of which retain the skills/craft effects from TE and in general.

So if you do Strike Gust and then the shift action to insta-cast Shifta from JB, it will have all the properties of TE's Shifta skills and crafted Shifta. Same for Gran Wave and Deband.

So TE/BO JB would probably be the most support capable class combination in the game with a heavy emphasis on supporting everyone while giving up unparalled mobility on the field making reaching people on different height levels easier, and being able to negate any PP increase demerits of Shifta and Deband through JB PAs (Gran Wave for Deband and Strike Gust for Shifta and Moment Gale for Zanverse).

And while it's not much, Elemental Weak Hit works in Tandem with ELemental Stance, allowing your damage to not be bottom of the barrel since you can switch your JB's element at your leisure/will.

Well, I have to admit killing mobs is a great act of support too. But since many ARKs prefer high DPS and low HP and DEF, Resta is a good thing too (maybe better than a permanent Shifta/Deband) in UQ in particular. TEchter is awsome but the problem is you have to be supportive AND offensive at the same time to be efficient. Being all support isn't good at all in Pso2. So, I think THIS KIND of BOuncer/HUnter would be more interesting. I've tested it on one of my teammate and she's really happy with it. Basically, you get average attack power but you turn into a living Trimate ! ^_^ Too bad there isn't any DBs with Defensive Stance (attack power +15% during Guard Stance) already. She took a Starfrisa Ex12 Potential 3 instead to absord HP and healing us more. Well, this is just an alternative idea...
    Last edited by Terrence; Mar 27, 2015 at 01:15 PM.

To me, the best full support is TE/RA (TE buffs +WB and grenades), but like Z-0 said, it's not much use outside of that so if there's another Te main or Ra you'd end up being redundant. I think Te/Hu with warcry is probably the most support you can get while still doing respectable personal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    TE/BO is pretty much the most support heavy combination in the game.

TE's supportive skills. Territory Burst, Shifta Strike, Deband Tougness, Reverser Field, Rebirth Bonus, Shita Critical, Deband Cut, Resta Advance, Extend Assist, Long time Assist.

BO's supportive skills. Critical Field, Elemental PP Field, Heal Share, Heal Bonus.

Then use JB since JB has Shifta, Deband, and Zanverse built into 3 of its PAs, all of which retain the skills/craft effects from TE and in general.

So if you do Strike Gust and then the shift action to insta-cast Shifta from JB, it will have all the properties of TE's Shifta skills and crafted Shifta. Same for Gran Wave and Deband.

So TE/BO JB would probably be the most support capable class combination in the game with a heavy emphasis on supporting everyone while giving up unparalled mobility on the field making reaching people on different height levels easier, and being able to negate any PP increase demerits of Shifta and Deband through JB PAs (Gran Wave for Deband and Strike Gust for Shifta and Moment Gale for Zanverse).

And while it's not much, Elemental Weak Hit works in Tandem with ELemental Stance, allowing your damage to not be bottom of the barrel since you can switch your JB's element at your leisure/will.
    Bo is honestly pretty bad for support. Critical field is only useful to niche builds and people who probably don't care about damage anyway, elemental pp field requires people to be using the targets element weakness, which not everyone is going to be doing, the techs built into the PAs aren't much better than just casting the techs. If you main techer your buffs would be lasting 3 times as long anyway, so you don't need to apply them as often.
    Heal share is useless, the range is the same as non-extended resta, and you likely aren't going to be getting healed unintentionally for a lot so in situations it works you'd be better off using resta or megiverse anyway.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and reverser field is garbage. Just throwing that out there. Rebirth bonus is ok if you have a leftover point, but it works with regular moons. If people are dying enough for you to run out of moons on a regular basis you might want to find some other people to play with.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Mar 27, 2015 at 01:22 PM.

There is no use for supportive classes in PSO2. If you don't like doing DPS, go play a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    There is no use for supportive classes in PSO2. If you don't like doing DPS, go play a different game.
    I'd argue that support has a place, but it's not something there's any reason to focus on. I really doubt people are gonna complain about you bringing shifta strike or weakbullet. Just, yaknow, not at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Aggressive comment with no argument. Nice. Congrats. As Kondibon said, nobody is gonna be disappointed if you boost them.
    Support has its place in Pso2. I play TEchter/BOuncer myself and I'm really appreciated for all my 'blessings' :

→ Powerful Shifta/Deband
    → Damage given +10% to all
    → +25% HP to all players
    → Damage received -15% to all
    → Revive with Shifta/Deband
    → Wider supportive Techs
    → Support Techs lasting longer
    → Extremely powerful Resta
    → Anti which boosts PP regen

That beeing said, I do not focus on support my party since I'm capable of dealing big damage too... Balance between attack and support is the key !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
    have you ever compare wands and gunslashes at all? it doesn't sound like you have
    Can Wands do long-range attacks like Gunslashes?

I was actually thinking about just going with a Sword, since this is technically going to be a hybrid build. Melee support and heals.