Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Teaching new players

I was wondering lately. I see posts talking about how people cant play, and I see situations where players would need help....

Would It be possible to have a mentor/student system going with the community?

Those who are experienced teaching new players and players who are learning. We could have people who would specialize in mentoring in subjects, like classes and builds, as well as those to help teach EQs (not dominate for said students, teach.)

I feel if we can at least help those who are willing to learn, we can see about improving the community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinujou View Post
    those who are willing to learn
    This right here pretty much sums up the difference between the good and bad players.

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU

While playing Destiny we called these people 'someone who will never learn'. Sometimes you had someone in your raid group who was simply to dumb/stupid to get better, even after explaining a tons of times via the voice chat.

I think this would be great as someone who hasn't played very long and is always willing to learn.

I'm sure there are some others it would benefit too.

I was wondering lately. I see posts talking about how people cant play, and I see situations where players would need help....

Would It be possible to have a mentor/student system going with the community?

Those who are experienced teaching new players and players who are learning. We could have people who would specialize in mentoring in subjects, like classes and builds, as well as those to help teach EQs (not dominate for said students, teach.)

I feel if we can at least help those who are willing to learn, we can see about improving the community as a whole.
    Well, we have that guy who seems really eager to breed some players. Maybe you two could team up and we'll see how well does it go.

This is pretty much what's already going on though. We have class threads, guides for every important EQ and quest, and tons of discussion. Anyone who's willing to learn already has enough resources to do so. The problem is people who aren't willing to learn. Those are usually the scum of society everywhere and are comfortable with that status, so there isn't anything that can be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    This is pretty much what's already going on though. We have class threads, guides for every important EQ and quest, and tons of discussion. Anyone who's willing to learn already has enough resources to do so. The problem is people who aren't willing to learn. Those are usually the scum of society everywhere and are comfortable with that status, so there isn't anything that can be done about it.
    He is trying to provide in game assistance is what I gathered. Sure people can search for an hour to find an answer but why not have people readily available to answer them in game?

Quote Originally Posted by couponfork View Post
    He is trying to provide in game assistance is what I gathered. Sure people can search for an hour to find an answer but why not have people readily available to answer them in game?
    just saying the quick question thread on this site gets people answers pretty damn fast unless its at some weird hour

get people to stop speaking english in lobby, that'll improve the "community" 10 fold

Quote Originally Posted by random idiot View Post
    get people to stop speaking english in lobby, that'll improve the "community" 10 fold
    Your name.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』