Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I dont have either yet but I feel like Ideal scissors is superior to the ares weapon if you have time to do challenge quests for awhile.

You lose the damage boost when you use your PB and at potential 3, and its 10% vs the 18% vs bosses for ideal scissors. I dont think wired lances have any trouble against normal mobs so boss dmg is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyscythe View Post
    I dont have either yet but I feel like Ideal scissors is superior to the ares weapon if you have time to do challenge quests for awhile.

You lose the damage boost when you use your PB and at potential 3, and its 10% vs the 18% vs bosses for ideal scissors. I dont think wired lances have any trouble against normal mobs so boss dmg is more important.
    I already have ares lance. Well thats why you don't really use your PB. So its 10% all the time vs everything. Not to mention the gap in S-atk at +10 ? which probably makes up for the 8% loss in boss damage? (probably not)
    Last edited by sliferx94; Apr 13, 2015 at 02:28 PM.

it probably doesnt but honestly if i were in your shoes id probably just stick with the ares weapon who wants to farm ANOTHER rare weapon

With 10-11 star weapons what kind of S-atk should i be aiming for (75hu/50br)? kind of sitting at 1900 with the +10 diabolic gauntlet which seems pretty low I think.

If i get a fahren weapon with the right abilities I think I can get 2100+ but would that be good enough for XH?

Yeah, its fair enough, 2500 would be ideal though, but I believe anything above 2000+ is considered good enough.

How would I go about getting 2500? is that min maxing mag + abilities on weapons and units?

Probably nothing I really want to get into but just wondering, also what are the good abilities for both?

Leading up to episode 3 I mained wirelance as TEHU. Episode 3 brought even more to the table for TEHU with Shifta Strike too.

Let's look at some main/sub multipliers for you.

HU - 183% fury stacks, 210% ultimate max with warbrave (main only) - you'll need Hunter in there somewhere as you know.

FI - 248% brave, 293% wise with tech arts and chase, 342% brave and 403% wise with that plus limit break and crits, plus flat numerical bonuses for any slayers you have.

GU - 120% perfect keeper, plus chain. Mostly used for partisan damage record attempts.

TE - 120% elemental, 132% with shifta strike (main only). Bonus: Zondeel, deband toughness if main, deband cut, territory burst, megiverse, zanverse if you feel your allies will do a better job than you, long quick and easy buffs if main.

BR - 127% average, 139% average with charge, 148% weak, 163% weak with charge... don't think any wirelance moves count as charged. No main class required. Reversal Cover for hp if needed to get off iron will danger territory.

BO - 152% elemental, 172% break including shifta air bonus and craft mastery. Bonus: small zondeel, megiverse, resta. No bonus for main class.

So... FIHU with a relevant usable wirelance can technically get the biggest numbers but the conditions are pretty stringent. TEHU is really convenient and very few people will say no to wartecher support, even if it's all cast from hotbar. HUBO and HUBR can both use warbrave and make you feel like a real Hunter.

I'm not sure where exactly you're getting those numbers from. At a glance, Hunter and Bouncer are both wrong. Fury Stance and JA Bonus don't give that much, Elemental Stance doesn't give that much, Break Stance doesn't give that much, and Craft Mastery isn't a damage multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I'm not sure where exactly you're getting those numbers from. At a glance, Hunter and Bouncer are both wrong. Fury Stance and JA Bonus don't give that much, Elemental Stance doesn't give that much, Break Stance doesn't give that much, and Craft Mastery isn't a damage multiplier.
    Looks like ATK buffs were factored in, possibly at the old rate of 20 = 1%.

War Brave with 1 target and Rank Mastery seem to have been counted for Hunter, although it's hard to tell due to the lack of a breakdown.

Fighter I wouldn't count Chase since it doesn't work on bosses and I don't realistically expect people to dump 15 points into a mobbing skill that works off 1% procs.

Gunner is missing High Time. Should be 144%.

Bouncer is completely off though, Craft Mastery isn't a multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyscythe View Post
    How would I go about getting 2500? is that min maxing mag + abilities on weapons and units?

Probably nothing I really want to get into but just wondering, also what are the good abilities for both?
    Should be quite easy to hit by stacking SATK Up skills, even with basic +60 affixes.
    Last edited by Selphea; Apr 16, 2015 at 06:17 PM.

Thought craft mastery was multiplicative along with everything else, rather than a stat bonus to the weapon itself, so divide all those by 1.1. Also, isn't high time only for during showtime, which in turn is only for twinguns? It's a wirelance thread :P

And yeah, the Fighter numbers are unfairly optimistic and only exist to show that someone could theoretically get a big number from it. Skill point investment is far too high. Didn't assume anything for s-atk ups or slayers other than mentioning that they were there, though. I have a teammate who wrecks face with limit break holding current, so I guess WL Fighter can be good if used right.