Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default I can't choose a class to stick with...

Hey guys I need some help here. I don't know what class to play but I have tried almost all of them and can't decide which one I want to play. Heres my opinion on all the main classes that I've tried:

Force
    rather not main a mage (have played it)

Techer
    rather not main a mage

Gunner
    Ok I just got bored with this class and it feels REALLY gimmicky...won't even lie. Could be fun if you just messing around, but I'm into min/maxing when I play games.

Ranger
    Good class and fun weapons, but long range 'pew pew pewing" isn't really my style. I prefer to face tank like a meat head.

Hunter
    They have a really great skill tree, actually they probably have the best skill tree for everything

negatives:
    hunter weapons are either EXTRAORDINARILY slow or really "mehhh" Which is why I don't want to main this class. I just don't like their slow/dull weapon loadout. Rather use lighter/faster/interesting weapons.

Braver
    Ok this was my original pick. This class REALLY fit my playstyle the most and I love the aggressive nature of the katana. You can pretty much solo everything with this class, its too op but only for good players

negatives:
    Then I found out that apparently 60% of the playerbase plays this class, more specifically br/hu and it PISSES me off :P. I don't like playing overplayed bandwagon classes in games, its enough to turn me away from a class in any game.
    And after a while the gameplay does grows stale because Katana is the only weapon I can use and only about 2 PAs are worth a damn... it just gets really repetitive after a while. But at least its solid.

And for Bullet bow....why use a bow if you can just play ranger and use GUNS which actually does seem to be a better ranged option?

Bouncer
    They have some really cool weapons and flashy skills. I really wanted to play this class at first

negatives:
    Ok there are a LOT of these. so take a seat. Keep in mind this is just my terrible experience with the class.

1) First off, this class is by FAR the most confusing one to get into, period. I ask people how do I build this class and you know what I hear all at the same time? br/bo, bo/br, bo/hu, hu/bo, fi/bo, gu/bo, te/bo, fo/bo, Some are t-atk builds, some are s-atk builds, some are hybrids, some claim its a support class, some claim its a dps class, apparently people use s-atk builds for jet boots even though its a t-atk weapon which boggles my mind, no one uses jet boots...for some reason, JESUS CHRIST HOW THE FUCK DO I GO ABOUT BUILDING THIS CLASS???

2) The stances are awful. Element stance? really??? Shouldn't skills like these be on TECHER or a MAGE? And break stance increases damage to "breakable targets"? whet the hell does that even mean??? I had no incentive to level up either of these stances because they seemed way too terible and situational. Apparently this class is terrible for being a main class. And you know what? They were right.

3) total subpalette clusterf#ck not appreciated.

4) I'm not crafting the same weapon 7 times in order to be a viable DPS. Ever.

5) The combat just feels...weird (at least for DB). I'm not sure what your role is supposed to be in a fight because you have lots of unusual close range VERTICAL AOE, but you have NO blocks or escapes sooo....wtf? I can't figure out how to approach bosses without it being weird. I feel no connection between the PAs. I ended up only using that photon fever thing or whatever it was called, which lead to me standing a mile away spamming shift. And this tactic actually works. A little TOO well...on every boss. If that's how this class is supposed to be played then I'm sorry, that's the laziest crap ever.

I REALLY wanted to love this class but was so disappointing in the end. Overall I just do not understand this class or its role in the group. I know I may have offended some bouncer players but hey, thats my experience with the damn class :P

As for fighter, that just seems like a hunter 2.0 honestly.

I just don't know what to role with, I tried everything (except fighter because it looks the same as hunter). What classes do I play? I' just want a close range dps class (doesn't have to be melee or tanky). I don't like too many gimmicks like Gunner or too much confusion like Bouncer. I like the medium-fast pace simple playstyle like katana, and I would like to have the versatility of a hunter, with access to at LEAST 2 weapons. Any suggestions?? Anything is open for suggestion except br/hu because I tried that already. Maybe something like Ra/Hu? idk...
    Last edited by jayssle26; Apr 10, 2015 at 12:41 PM.

Braver: Not sure where you're getting this from. Br/Hu is not as mainstream as it used to be, if anything Bouncer is the most bandwagon class at the moment.

Bouncer is probably the easiest melee class to handle, you're just getting overwhelmed by other useless junk such as support builds and stuff. If you want a real handle on use this guide: https://worldsojourner.wordpress.com...ouncer-skills/

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU

Fighter is the only class where you can play hardcore...It's also a class that's going to be required for min/maxing if you do choose to go bouncer with dual blades.

Overall, you are not locked to a class. The only downside is you are locked to the free mag unless you choose to purchase more mags with ac via cash.

Just clearing some things up. Techer can be (and usually is) played as a melee class, but I don't think it would fit what you want anyway since it's mainly just hitting things with your wand until they die.

Element stance is meant to synergize with jet boots, since they can change their element to the last tech you charged with them via JB gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jayssle26 View Post
    I'm into min/maxing when I play games.
    I'm not crafting the same weapon 7 times in order to be a viable DPS. Ever.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Apr 10, 2015 at 01:02 PM.

Techer
    rather not main a mage

Gunner
    Ok I just got bored with this class and it feels REALLY gimmicky...won't even lie. Could be fun if you just messing around, but I'm into min/maxing when I play games.

Hunter
    hunter weapons are either EXTRAORDINARILY slow or really "mehhh" Which is why I don't want to main this class. I just don't like their slow/dull weapon loadout. Rather use lighter/faster/interesting weapons.

Braver
    And after a while the gameplay does grows stale because Katana is the only weapon I can use and only about 2 PAs are worth a damn... it just gets really repetitive after a while. But at least its solid.

And for Bullet bow....why use a bow if you can just play ranger and use GUNS which actually does seem to be a better ranged option?

Bouncer
    negatives: Ok there are a LOT of these

As for fighter, that just seems like a hunter 2.0 honestly.
    No. Just no. You just haven't played those classes enough.

I 75'd every classes except 6 FO and 51 TE and those aren't the impressions I've gotten.

GU is not gimmicky. It's one of the trickiest class to play right now due to the nature of the buff / nerf recently. You can't just SRoll and kill everything now. Chain Trigger + Sat Aim melt bosses but is not the easiest combo to execute.

HU is NOT slow. Partisan and Wired Lance might be on the slow side, but Sword definitely not. Sword with Sword Gear + Fury Gear maxed is one of the fastest melee weapon with wide range.

Katana has more than 2 PAs that worth damn. In fact 8 of them are good but you'd need to choose 6 if you want to slot each to respective weapon slot.
    Bow is strong. Especially with Chain Trigger. You can't judge a weapon just by playing it for a short amount of time.

BO: if GU is one of the trickiest class to play, this is one of the trickiest class to build. Mainstream build usually involves Critical.

FI: definitely not HU 2.0. Hardest class to play in my opinion due to suicidal skills but strong.

as for TE, it's not mage. It's more like a melee class that uses Techs as PAs but require special equipment to perform optimally (Elysion).

techer isnt a mage you dont wanna jsut sit back and cast on that and if you want to play hunter but dont like the weapons you could always use all class fighter weapons

also hunter and fighter are a lot different hunter is way tankier with some what slower atks and fighter can do way more damage are faster but not as much range as hunter

DB blade can also be played extremely fast if you know what youre doing

people talk about different builds for the class because theres a lot you can do with it

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    GU is not gimmicky. It's one of the trickiest class to play right now due to the nature of the buff / nerf recently. You can't just SRoll and kill everything now. Chain Trigger + Sat Aim melt bosses but is not the easiest combo to execute.
    I play GU on a regular basis and I think it's gimmicky too. It's designed around being a short ranged gun user that doesn't get hit but doesn't actually do that well and sega's response now is "git gud". It's not terrible, but I would consider something that takes noticeably more effort that most other classes to even be average is definitely gimmicky. The gimmick being that it's hard to use well.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    HU is NOT slow. Partisan and Wired Lance might be on the slow side, but Sword definitely not. Sword with Sword Gear + Fury Gear maxed is one of the fastest melee weapon with wide range.
    Gonna need to clarify that considering PArtisan is stupidly fast now, and WL has one of the best striking based boss killing PAs if you use it right.

I agree with the rest of what you said though.

Personally I think Fi/Bo or Gu/something would suit OP the best but eh...

idk if ur jokin or srs

OT:
    Fighter/Hunter is both tanky and mid speed

It's not exactly supafastu like Katana's are, but it's something

The problem is you won't deal high damage as hell damage due to light hits and most of what is Fighter is very PP relient(That I've noticed)

I could be wrong, but as I played Fi/Hu I noticed I ran out of PP rather quickly because all damage came from my PAs and I had a hard time restoring it.
    Sig is 1,324.5 KB, reduce to 49kb.
    People have 50KB+ sig images, and mine gets cut. Legit

More I forgot to mention:
    Then I found out that apparently 60% of the playerbase plays this class, more specifically br/hu and it PISSES me off :P. I don't like playing overplayed bandwagon classes in games, its enough to turn me away from a class in any game.
    Not doing something because everyone else is isn't any better than doing something because everyone else is.

You could always go HU/BR, sacrifice Combat escape and use hunter weapons on the side (with a HU usable katana of course), but I dunno how good that is.

DPS chart for OP:

Basically: Fi/Hu is OP.

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU