Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    Everyone here is saying you otherwise and you still deny it.

www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24455014
    Pretty sure he's talking about attack speed sweety.

Everyone here is saying you otherwise and you still deny it.

www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24455014
    i kinda just thought he meant swing speed

Quote Originally Posted by jayssle26 View Post
    Yah if there is something i don't like about the class it effects if I willl play it or not, simple

but il check out the build. I l want to try fighter and i would like to have bouncer work with SOMETHING so il look into the build
    Honestly, I'm only heckling you because of your min-maxing comment. A lot of stuff you're saying contradicts it, but I'll stop riding your ass about it. I totally understand not wanting to make a serious rainbow set. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Pretty sure he's talking about attack speed sweety.
    Those nova strikes, rising edges and ride slasher has never been faster :v

A bit late, but I'll clear a few things up anyway.

Techer
    rather not main a mage
    Don't have to be played as a mage.

It's an option, but their melee is strong... just without PAs.

Gunner
    Ok I just got bored with this class and it feels REALLY gimmicky...won't even lie. Could be fun if you just messing around, but I'm into min/maxing when I play games.
    Can't blame you.

Hunter
    They have a really great skill tree, actually they probably have the best skill tree for everything

negatives:
    hunter weapons are either EXTRAORDINARILY slow or really "mehhh" Which is why I don't want to main this class. I just don't like their slow/dull weapon loadout. Rather use lighter/faster/interesting weapons.
    Fair enough.

Braver
    Ok this was my original pick. This class REALLY fit my playstyle the most and I love the aggressive nature of the katana. You can pretty much solo everything with this class, its too op but only for good players

negatives:
    Then I found out that apparently 60% of the playerbase plays this class, more specifically br/hu and it PISSES me off :P. I don't like playing overplayed bandwagon classes in games, its enough to turn me away from a class in any game.
    And after a while the gameplay does grows stale because Katana is the only weapon I can use and only about 2 PAs are worth a damn... it just gets really repetitive after a while. But at least its solid.
    Braver hype train died down ever since the great shunka nerf, and EP3 bringing everything up.

Kanatas have at least 4 PAs worth using atm.

Admittedly yes, there's not too much depth in playing katana braver, hence the braver thread doesn't get alot of action.

And for Bullet bow....why use a bow if you can just play ranger and use GUNS which actually does seem to be a better ranged option?
    Rifles don't have banish arrow.

1) First off, this class is by FAR the most confusing one to get into, period. I ask people how do I build this class and you know what I hear all at the same time? br/bo, bo/br, bo/hu, hu/bo, fi/bo, gu/bo, te/bo, fo/bo, Some are t-atk builds, some are s-atk builds, some are hybrids, some claim its a support class, some claim its a dps class, apparently people use s-atk builds for jet boots even though its a t-atk weapon which boggles my mind, no one uses jet boots...for some reason, JESUS CHRIST HOW THE FUCK DO I GO ABOUT BUILDING THIS CLASS???
    I'm sure someone pointed you to the bouncer thread already.

Just want to say, it is technically a class capable of support for obvious. Every class is expected to deal damage.

2) The stances are awful. Element stance? really??? Shouldn't skills like these be on TECHER or a MAGE? And break stance increases damage to "breakable targets"? whet the hell does that even mean??? I had no incentive to level up either of these stances because they seemed way too terible and situational. Apparently this class is terrible for being a main class. And you know what? They were right.
    Half right. Elemental stance was built for jet boots specifically. Break stance was absurdly situational. Break SD bonus was an afterthought they recently added to the skill tree to give some unconditional damage to dual blades, but it's mainclass only, and still not very good because of no support from break stance weapon potentials unless there's that 13* that you really want to use against everything.

The utter lack of decent mainclass skills otherwise for dual blades is what made Fi/Bo so popular. You just need to have at least 5 dual blades of different elements, and crafted to be usable as a Fi...

3) total subpalette clusterf#ck not appreciated.
    Yeah...

4) I'm not crafting the same weapon 7 times in order to be a viable DPS. Ever.
    I get where you're coming from.

5) The combat just feels...weird (at least for DB). I'm not sure what your role is supposed to be in a fight because you have lots of unusual close range VERTICAL AOE, but you have NO blocks or escapes sooo....wtf? I can't figure out how to approach bosses without it being weird. I feel no connection between the PAs. I ended up only using that photon fever thing or whatever it was called, which lead to me standing a mile away spamming shift. And this tactic actually works. A little TOO well...on every boss. If that's how this class is supposed to be played then I'm sorry, that's the laziest crap ever.
    DB combat is a little off, I'll admit.

PBF has a cooldown, and is only really used to cheese bosses.

You have step, and photon blade escape to dodge damage.

Up to now DBs lacked a high DPS PA that doesn't completely displace the user/launch the target. Kestrel rampage is perhaps the closest thing to that, but 40pp cost, slow startup, a chunk of its damage is backloaded... but at least it's not as lame as spamming dispersion shrike, or pissing your MPA off with using heavenly kite against a bulky launch-able enemy.

It's nice to use after zondeel though.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

After you build up the gear. :U
    We'll see how it feels after the buff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Honestly, I'm only heckling you because of your min-maxing comment. A lot of stuff you're saying contradicts it, but I'll stop riding your ass about it. I totally understand not wanting to make a serious rainbow set. :I
    Don't take everything so litteral, When I say min/maxing, I just mean I'm not the kind of person that plays trap classes only because its fun. What I meant by min/max is I like to have PERFECT stats on my actual gears. I still screw around when it comes to playstyle, especially when this game doesn't have any real "end game content" that requires 100% min/maxing. This is a chill game. SO I play more chill. Min/max is just my general mindset in MMOs.

As for rainbow set, there are limits when it comes to what class I WANT to min/max. Why would I put in ALL THAT EFFORT in making that many weapons when I can make 1 or 2 weapons for another class and still be a superior dps with less effort and resources? This is my reason why I hate it. I just don't wanna make 50 goddamn weapons and keep changing them out every 2 seconds. it pisses me off...

But I MAY consider it for this game, I do really want to try bouncer i really like the dual blades. just not looking foward to the weapon crafting.
    Last edited by jayssle26; Apr 10, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

guess i should have been clear i thought he meant just basic atks

Don't take everything so litteral, When I say min/maxing, I just mean Im not the kind of person that playes trap classes only because its fun. What I meant by min/max is i like to have PERFECT stats on my actual gears. I still screw around when it comes to playstyle, especially when this game doesn't have any real "end game content" that requires 100% min/maxing. This is a chill game. SO I play more chil. Min/max is just my general mindset in MMOs.
    In that case I do think you should try gunner more, it can be pretty fun while still being effective, and while not as obscenely damaging as Ra/Br, Gu/Ra can kill bosses pretty fast. Fi/Hu or Hu/Br still sounds like your best bet though

As for rainbow set, there are limits when it comes to what class I WANT to min/max. Why would I put in ALL THAT EFFORT in making that many weapons when I can make 1 or 2 weapons for another class and still be a superior dps? This is my reason why I hate it. I just don't wanna make 50 goddamn weapons and keep changing them out. it pisses me off...
    You could always go for jet boots with Bo to get around that for the most part. I dunno how amazing they are in high end stuff but they work fine for me.

Ok for now I think I'ma give Fi/Hu a try and maybe experiment with a Fi/Bo build this time. ty for the suggestions!