Daddy Warbux

im having a crisis as i can't decided who i want to follow through with. i have played both characters to level 25 and am undecided. can fonewms melee at all at later levels or do they still suck it up? is the fomars ability to melee and cast an advantage or a disadvantage? help me out with some feed back and it will be very greatly appreciated.

FOnewms aren't really good for melee combat at any point. They just aren't strong enough when compared to a FOmar. FOmars can be good at melee, but their problem is that they have the lowest max ATA in the game and can only equip mediocre weapons. Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure help, but they don't save a FOmar from that low ATA, low DFP, and low HP. You'll need weapons with a hefty hit bonus and probably some God/HPs. If you plan to stick with a combination of melee and magic (lower MST, Gi-type bonus 30%), then go with the FOmar. If you plan to go all-out magic (higher MST, Gi-type and Ra-type bonus 30%), then go with the FOnewm.

so if i wanted to pick between a fomarl and a fonewearl then what are the pluses and minuses to being each one?

Want some candy?

Yeah what he said.
    FOmar has the highest melee ability of all the forces, and the lowest MST. But he still has crappy ATA, DFP, and HP. Their 30% bonus to Gi- spells helps them weaken multiple enemies, but they are still very very weak.

FOnewm have no chance in hell at meleeing anything even in normal. But you can boost their ATA high enough to weild a high hit% handgun at least until the end of VH. Of course with their low ATP they won't be doing any damage, it's mostly for the special attacks (Dark series, Heart series, and Draw Series work well). Most people don't use guns though and go straight out magic, that is what this force is for.

If you want a challenge (and a big one) play your FOmar with a magic / Attack mix.
    If you want a character that isn't really that hard to play (compaired). Then take the fonewm.

On 2003-04-22 20:08, excecutor wrote:
    so if i wanted to pick between a fomarl and a fonewearl then what are the pluses and minuses to being each one?
    FOmarl is mainly for support. They get range bonuses to healing and support spells, and a 30% damage bonus to Grants. Their ATP and MST are nominal. The only advantage of being a FOmarl is that they have the highest HP of all the forces. Otherwise, they don't make particularly noteworthy offensive characters with either weapons or spells. They're just average.

FOnewearl is a strong offensive force, but they have the lowest HP and lowest ATP in the game making them the worst choice for melee battles. With a 30% bonus to basic spells (Foie, Zonde, Barta), piercing Megid, and the highest max MST and highest TP in the game, she can tear through single opponents with ease. She's also the best spell-caster against 6 of the 8 bosses (Dragon, Vol Opt, Dark Falz, Gol Dragon, Gal Gryphon, Olga Flow). I highly recommend God/HPs for this little force, otherwise they can be quite a challenge to keep alive.

Not in E1&2.