Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question New player looking for some help please

Hello, I'm a relatively new player in pso2 and i have some questions on the gear/ build i am making. To be honest, the dps and damage add up is a bit confusing for me, and i want to know if i am doing anything wrong

I am a lv59 katana braver (trying to max before maining bouncer) with a lv 28 bouncer sub ( i know, i am loosing out from not having hunter as a sub, but i found boucer to be a bit more fun. my hunter is currently at lv50)

my s-att is 1700 with +10 kenei (potential lv1, 50 dark elemental), usually dishing out 2300-3000 per hit shunka in lilipa base defense VH. My tsukimi could usually do consistant 6000 on a weak spot and my Asagi can do 1000+ per swing

(most of my photon arts are above 10)

i might have messed up my mag with 85dex and 69 striking

when playing with dual blades, my normal hits are around 300-400, hevenly kite hitting close to 2000, photon blade throw 400-900
    my dual bades are +8 niren agito, no potential

another note, i kind of want to be a BR/Bo or BO/BR because i enjoy switching back and forth between the weapons in different situations (katana to hit when weak spots are exposedand dual blades for dodging and attacking without being hit)
    also the techs that bouncers can use are very useful like megiverse

any help would be appreciated!

here is my build

Braver/Bouncer Skill Build
    Code: 08BAIXIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbhIkIEIk0jdodBIokAIdI2 dndoINlkGDqnI2000000doIn0000008doib0000006do000000 lo00000007oIn0000000jeodBk2fdF6sNHQIk0000jdoIo4OFn IbfqnIb00000
    =====Hunter Lv 49/70, +10 CO SP
     1: Step
     1: Step Attack
     1: Just Reversal
     1: Guard
     1: Just Guard
     1: Just Counter
     1: Healing Guard
     3: Striking Up 1
     3: Striking Up 2
     3: Striking Up 3
     5: HP Up 1
     1: Sword Gear
     1: Iron Will
     1: War Cry
     3: Guard Stance
    10: Flash Guard 1
     3: JA Bonus 1
    10: Fury Stance
     5: Fury S Up 1
     5: Fury S Up 2
    =====Braver Lv 59/70, +10 CO SP
     4: Step Advance
     1: Snatch Step
     1: J Reversal Cover
     5: Braver Mag
     1: Rare Mastery Braver
     3: Aptitude Up 1
     5: Attack Advance
     1: Katana Gear
     1: Counter Edge
    10: Katana Combat
     5: Combat Finish
     3: Combat JA Bonus
     5: Combat Escape
    10: Average Stance
    10: Average S Up
    =====Bouncer Lv 30/70, +10 CO SP
     1: J Reversal PP Gain
     1: Bouncer Mag
     3: Aptitude Up 1
     8: Striking Up 1
     9: Striking Up 2
     1: Dual Blade Gear
     5: Photon Blade Escape
     1: Photon Blade Fever
    Last edited by Shiro318; Apr 17, 2015 at 12:19 AM.

anyone want to help me out? Ive looked all over and still dont really have a clue T T

Basically the best advice I can give you is, choose Br/Hu or Bo/Hu (Or Fi/Bo if you really love Boucner and want to do the most with it), or level all of them and switch when you want something different. Bo/Br and Br/Bo are a terrible combination that don't work well at all. Br has terrible multipliers that don't go well with Bo, and vice versa, because Bo doesn't have decent multipliers either.

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU

Thank you nathan, i was actually trying this out today, and i did i find my damage to be pretty low compared to BR/HU. I think im actually going to stick with a BR/Fi or Br/Hu combination

i actually have a few more questions id like to ask

do you think my damage is low for a lv 49 HU/ lv 60 BR combination? im only asking because i saw a video of a lv 65 BR/Fi doing 10+ per swing of shunka....on super hard difficulty too...
    am i doing anything wrong with my trees?
    how would a techer/braver combo be in terms of efficency?

i appreciate your help
    Last edited by Shiro318; Apr 18, 2015 at 05:37 PM.

at low lv just stick to EQ and cap both your main and sub
    and i'm sure that you should not compare your dmg when kenei is a weak one and you even chose dark as it element

for br
    getting zeshuu with 50 light is easy and strong, keep doing BD and base defense for it

Quote Originally Posted by hoangsea View Post
    at low lv just stick to EQ and cap both your main and sub
    and i'm sure that you should not compare your dmg when kenei is a weak one and you even chose dark as it element

for br
    getting zeshuu with 50 light is easy and strong, keep doing BD and base defense for it
    she was also using a kenei, perhaps a different attribute or something? if i was to get a attibute, would light be the best for my weapons?

by the way what is EQ and BD?

thanks for the feedback, i think im going to stick to a katana BR/Hu untill i max both of these classes. I see zeshuu is a 11 star weapon, are those hard to come by? i think ive done base defense for the past 2 weeks, got like 30+ 10 star weapon...or do the drop more in super hardd difficulty?

oh...silly me EQ is emergency quests right? and BD is base defense? lol
    how is Karasekiou as a weapon? im around 10stones away from being ableto get it

Kinei is an easy choice, it gives 5% damage bonus to Average Stance, rather than the zesh katana with negative hunter.

negative hunter looks good against darkers, just it dosent seem to have effect against anything else..
    but would the stats of the zeshuu cover that gap vs the kennei?

It's only 50 attack, so no. That's like 1-2% damage from raw attack, if that much. Kenei would be 5% overall consider atk gap and maxed potential, while zesh would be maybe
    8% stronger on darkers. Kenei is also multi class. Zesh would be a bit better if you also got the unit, but bleh.