Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Default Mortal Kombat X - Who got next?

Been playing through the story mode in MKX and so far it's pretty enjoyable. Through with all the hype between the civil work between Mileena and Kortal Khan I would have though Mileena would have been around a lot longer.

I'm currently up to Chapter 10 with the OG Radien, I plan on beating it tonight.

Trying my hand at various characters and so far I'm liking Kung Lao's first variant moveset. I just love that you can chain a normal air into a divekick, have them bounce off the ground and continue extend that combo even further.

Got it on PC so had to put up with the terrible launch, FPS drops/terrible frame skipping mainly in Sky Temple (on a i7 4790k/GTX660 which are both recommended or higher) and a few other issues but the core game is really good.

Finish Story a couple of days ago and thought it was decent but a bit too short. It also didn't seem to address what'd happened to some characters (Cyrax for example isn't mentioned once- I assume when Sub-Zero kills Sektor he either kills Cyrax too or Cyrax goes into hiding but I don't think it actually said). Now I'm just practicing and trying to figure things out (mainly with Noxious Reptile and Inferno Scorpion).

I just hope the rest of the issues are ironed out soon, there was a 15GB patch last night for PC and it doesn't really seem to have solved anything
    Last edited by Neith; Apr 18, 2015 at 10:36 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    Got it on PC so had to put up with the terrible launch, FPS drops/terrible frame skipping mainly in Sky Temple (on a i7 4790k/GTX660 which are both recommended or higher) and a few other issues but the core game is really good.

Finish Story a couple of days ago and thought it was decent but a bit too short. It also didn't seem to address what'd happened to some characters (Cyrax for example isn't mentioned once- I assume when Sub-Zero kills Sektor he either kills Cyrax too or Cyrax goes into hiding but I don't think it actually said). Now I'm just practicing and trying to figure things out (mainly with Noxious Reptile and Inferno Scorpion).

I just hope the rest of the issues are ironed out soon, there was a 15GB patch last night for PC and it doesn't really seem to have solved anything
    Yeah that patch was huge. Yeah, I'm assuming that he probably killed Cyrax. He did said he had to rebuild the clan and deal with those who were corrupted. Also, how did you feel about the secret scene during the middle of the credits? The return of Dark Raiden and Liu and Katana being the new rulers of the Netherelam

That was one of the better parts in the story really, I honestly expected Liu Kang and the others to be resurrected but it does set up another game very well. Raiden losing the plot completely should be interesting, I always preferred him when he was a bit unhinged

For any PC users (with nVidia cards) struggling with FPS in Sky Temple/Kuatan Jungle, open nVidia control panel and change V-Sync to 'Adaptive'. That worked wonders for me; it's still not perfectly smooth in Sky Temple but its much better than it was (I can actually fight there and do combos without dropping everything...)

Nice to see you don't have to use the Krypt for some things; I don't do jumpscares at all so unlocking costumes other ways is nice.

Unlock methods I've got below (Spoilers)
    Tournament Reptile skin: Complete Klassic Ladder with Reptile
    Tournament Scorpion skin (this is his MK9 outfit): Complete Klassic Ladder with Scorpion
    Future Raiden skin: Link a WB Games account
    Hanzo Hasashi skin (Scorpion): I think this unlocked for beating Story mode.
    Revenant Sub-Zero skin: Complete Test Your Might tower

I would assume that any character with a 'Tournament' skin can unlock it through their Klassic tower.

All I've done lately is practice, I've been mainly playing Shirai Ryu Takeda, Possessed Kenshi and Noxious Reptile. I used Inferno Scorpion for a while but it seems almost everyone uses him online so I want to play someone different

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)