Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Make frisbees/throwing discs that are r-atk with a t-atk explosion that can be bound to a particular tech to determine its effects.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    No.

Braver are samurai.
    Bouncer are ninja.

Stands to reason the R/T class is going to follow that pattern. Your idea comes off as a typical uncreative attempt at making an edgy special snowflake class that flies in the face of the setting's premise and programming precedents anyway. Gear that isn't three stocks? The ability to modify PAs and techs of other classes to have effects that they otherwise would never have (this is unprecedented and particularly egregious as something a class should never do)? Yuck.

These threads never seem to have plausible ideas, don't see why each one always tries to make the class as special and unique as possible.
    Ninja?
    Using boots as weapons?
    Besides there is a double ninjato weapon and it's a dagger.

Either way, I just want my frigging slicers.

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    Why are people so quick to turn down Ranger/Force hybrid? It is obvious it could be the next choice with the next Episode as Braver and Bouncer are both hybrid classes as well, and it would be the final hybrid class among them.
    I don't think anyone's shooting that idea down because it's blatantly clear R/T is next, anyone can see that. Ideas get shot down for being bad attempts at an R/T hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Isn't Buster a ranged and tech hybrid already? They already have the weapons and the class... why expect they'll do anything new?
    Buster can equip every weapon inherently. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Ninja?
    Using boots as weapons?
    Besides there is a double ninjato weapon and it's a dagger.
    Please be more open-minded about what ninja are like. They aren't all like Naruto's setting. Ninjas historically had a tremendous variety of implements for murder. A weapon about mobility for stealthy assassins makes perfect sense. Also, DBs share a lot of models with TDs, including the ones you mention, so that doesn't work.

Anyway, it's not even my personal observation, it was something swiki noticed. Don't really need to look further than EP3's opening to see where the connection was made. It's not as obvious as with Braver, but the only thing Braver has in common with a samurai is the weapons it has available. Compromises are made to fit the setting and gameplay better.

Boomer.

Comes with Slicer and Shotgun, and capability to increase crit damage/chance.

I've been ranting about how golden such a class would be for ages now, and still so so hopeful about it.
    PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Sega don't visit this forum, so any idea would be better off sent to Sega's opinion form, or wait for the next survey
    https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/.../?mode=opinion
    Where can I find the translated dropdown menu?

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

My idea for Blaster (the obvious real name for the class) is using a medium to heavy ranged weapon which transforms between R-atk and T-atk, and its PA's do different things based on the transformation. Then, slicers would be a pure technic weapon, shift used for palette swap. Ranged weapon would fill gear slowly with everything it does, and have 2 different activate skills depending on if you want to use the gauge on a high-defense stationary effect, or a jetpack with free movement while attacking. Slicer would fill gear slowly with normal attacks, more fill when it bounces, and have 2 activate skills to do either a very powerful Slicer attack, or a very powerful technic, based on which element you charge up next (does not work with Namegid)

Gun would vary between maser, giant crossbow, coil gun, etc. and transform by like folding down the atypical gun barrel. Slicers would generally be larger than a gunslash, have long handles, and avoid generic sword shapes.

Only idea I have for stances right now is like Penetrate to do non-reduced damage to armored parts (would stack very well with Break Stance, Weak Bullet), and Overcharge to do extra damage but double PP costs. Would each last 30 seconds, 60 second cooldown, and activate instantly, but if both become active at the same time, would make both have a longer cooldown (instead of switching back and forth)

Yeah.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Thinking about BR & BO, their stances are all things that already exist on other classes, or were at least planned to exist. Break Stance is an evolution of Break Mastery that was datamined from Fighter tree after all.

So... Zero Stance and Standing Stance? Boosts to damage at short range, or while not moving? Standing Stance (Earth Stance maybe?) would be while not moving, which could give something along the lines of a defensive bonus and flinch protection while still in addition to damage boosts. Or no damage boost at all but PP surge.

Slicer (T-atk based like PSZero) and Needle (best compromise between PSO Shot, PSU Shotgun, Spread Needle and PSU Crossbow) would suit an explorer-type character.

Also as the only hybrid with both styles being intrinsically ranged... zero ranged stance is clearly what Sega would do with the class.

Next are the third wave of base classes, just in time for Beast race!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    My idea for Blaster (the obvious real name for the class) is using a medium to heavy ranged weapon which transforms between R-atk and T-atk, and its PA's do different things based on the transformation. Then, slicers would be a pure technic weapon, shift used for palette swap. Ranged weapon would fill gear slowly with everything it does, and have 2 different activate skills depending on if you want to use the gauge on a high-defense stationary effect, or a jetpack with free movement while attacking. Slicer would fill gear slowly with normal attacks, more fill when it bounces, and have 2 activate skills to do either a very powerful Slicer attack, or a very powerful technic, based on which element you charge up next (does not work with Namegid)

Gun would vary between maser, giant crossbow, coil gun, etc. and transform by like folding down the atypical gun barrel. Slicers would generally be larger than a gunslash, have long handles, and avoid generic sword shapes.

Only idea I have for stances right now is like Penetrate to do non-reduced damage to armored parts (would stack very well with Break Stance, Weak Bullet), and Overcharge to do extra damage but double PP costs. Would each last 30 seconds, 60 second cooldown, and activate instantly, but if both become active at the same time, would make both have a longer cooldown (instead of switching back and forth)

Yeah.

Oooh, Blaster, I like that. Add Slicers (as a weapon for all T-atk classes as a trade-off for gunslashes) Blaster can get Shotguns and Laser Cannons, with trees revolving on pierce perks or multihit/spread perks.

Plz
    PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3

Enforcer of Evil™

We could also repurpose PSNova's Halos into Slicers.
    Halos are basically t-atk slicers (complete with their own PAs(well GAs because PSN but you get the idea)) with a platform gimmick that -could- be ported to PSO2 and still be useful (no giant platforms with insta teleport button, but I'm sure people can find many uses for aerial platforms).

For the heck of it I'd like to see bits/funnels as a weapon type for a ranged and tech-y feel but I have no idea what mechanic it would have.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Too busy with his Shingeki boss to realize that Harukotan STILL doesn't have its second area, and Episode 3 has only had 2 TRUE new areas since its release.
    you realize that episode 2 consisted of 3 areas (coast, quarry, seabed), right? why are you so surprised that ep3 only has 2 areas at this point?