Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    Thinking about BR & BO, their stances are all things that already exist on other classes, or were at least planned to exist. Break Stance is an evolution of Break Mastery that was datamined from Fighter tree after all.

So... Zero Stance and Standing Stance? Boosts to damage at short range, or while not moving? Standing Stance (Earth Stance maybe?) would be while not moving, which could give something along the lines of a defensive bonus and flinch protection while still in addition to damage boosts. Or no damage boost at all but PP surge.

Slicer (T-atk based like PSZero) and Needle (best compromise between PSO Shot, PSU Shotgun, Spread Needle and PSU Crossbow) would suit an explorer-type character.

Also as the only hybrid with both styles being intrinsically ranged... zero ranged stance is clearly what Sega would do with the class.

Next are the third wave of base classes, just in time for Beast race!
    I was thinking on something like this, getting Slicers and Needle-shotguns are the only missing weapons, also I love those Stances ideas

Close Stance would be the Slicer Stance (as how Katana+Average, DualBlade+Break, JetBoots+Elemental...etc) since in PSO most of the times mobs would surround you and you could attack a bunch of them with one slice and that weapon should be the Technique+PA hybrid that was somewhat expected with Jet Boots (they're already putting another Fusion Technique so that wouldn't be too strange to do).

On the hand of Needleshots either Close or Standing Stance could work good and it could have a Gear that infuses with Elemental Blast damage as how the Jet Boots does but it would have it's pure Ranged PAs like every other Ranged weapon.

But I don't want beasts ;w; ...maybe some sort of Android/Beast race?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparzyle View Post
    But I don't want beasts ;w; ...maybe some sort of Android/Beast race?
    Dragonkin or Lilipan people

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I would totally vouche for a Dragonkin race of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    In the early days of PSO2 I thought they would make the Dragonkin race playable since they're already had classes (Sil Dinian/HU, Sol Dinian/RA, Dinian/FO) but then they released the dewmans which has horns and blue-ish/red-ish skin like some of the dragons, so I'm thinking maybe next race would be some race with hairy features like Lilipans/Motavians/Early primitive Newmans.

But android/beast could be cool to see and fit the Class concept of Ranged(Cast)/Newman Beast(Technique) imo

Just food for thought since nobody seems to notice.

Hunter, Fighter, Braver, and Bouncer are the classes with stances.
    Ranger, Gunner, Force, and Techer are the classes without stances.

The classes with stances are all striking classes. Why would a R/T hybrid necessarily have stances? Not saying it won't, but it's funny how virtually every class idea has stances when only half of the ones actually in the game do.

Also? Braver and Bouncer's weapons have shared dodges. That's the case for every class' main weapons, for that matter. The R/T hybrid would follow this rule.

Lastly, I'd like to bring up PS Nova. But not for Buster. PS Nova combines many class roles into the four classes it has, and as a result, a lot of classes have skills from related classes. Buster in particular gets a lot of odds and ends, like T-DEF Up, GP Up, Average Stance, and Chase Advance. But they also have some unique ones that aren't from PSO2. For examples!

-Ranger has two skills affecting PP regen. One disables natural PP regen but increases PP gained from normals, and the other is vice versa.
    -Ranger has a skill that reduces hate.

-Force has skills that apply elemental weaknesses.
    -Force has skills that forcibly change a weapon's element and gives a damage bonus.

-Buster has a skill that increase PP costs and increase damage, and a skill that does the opposite.
    -Buster has a skill that increases charge times and increases damage, and a skill that does the opposite.

Remember that the class' role comes first. The very first thing to think about when designing a class is what it does. Not what kind of weapons it uses, but how it, when compared to other classes, performs a role in a party. An R/T hybrid would be a good candidate for debilitating a target and adjusting its tactics based on situations, which is precisely why I handpicked those skills from Nova. These are good candidates to show up on the tree.

-An R/T hybrid has a good chance of focusing on adding weaknesses to a target. Most likely elemental weaknesses only.
    -An R/T hybrid has a good chance of having abilities to strengthen itself by rewarding players for taking advantages of certain gameplay mechanics, such as weak points and elemental weaknesses. The above, plus the ability to change a weapon's element, would be a good candidate for this.
    -An R/T hybrid has a good chance of focusing more on offensive tech usage, since both Techer and Bouncer are advertised as support roles primarily. A variety of damage bonuses will probably be present on the tree, along with unique ways to utilize techs, such as altering costs and charge times. Gear mechanics are possible, but not necessary or even necessarily probable, as R and T classes have the most weapons lacking Gears.

I'd advise looking at what Sega does and observing how they program the game when trying to come up with class ideas, as being consistent within the setting is the number one most important thing for a plausible, good idea. Not following this is effectively comparable to bad fanfiction writing. Observe the setting, draw conclusions about it, then expand upon it.