Default Support partner don't want to go for quests

I know this may obvious for u guys that are playing here for long. But I realized that my sup partner is still on 1lv even though I marked the Philia quest for gathering items. Is it gonna go for it by itself or do I have to help my sup partner to complete the task? I have no other quest for him, both Cressida and Franka have nothing - no dialogue. I'm very aware of the guides, he is supposed to go for quests by himself, why is it still lv 1 then? 1 quest should take an hour, so I have spend like whole day waiting him to complete it but nothing really happend. Any suggestions?

EDIT. I'm trying the 9~ quest for these yellow ducks but none of them drop items. Tried the volcano earlier but they had no drops as well. I'm wondering if there's a bug or their drop is fairly low. I need 10 items. Its the only quest I have for my sup partner.
    Last edited by Kurome; Apr 21, 2015 at 10:18 AM.

did your support partner failed the quest when it came back?

I have no idea, it looks like he's doing nothing.. Still at lv1

The support partner won't go out do anything by itself, you have to actually send it yourself, tell it which COs to clear. When that happens, it will depart from the support chair and will be back in a few hours with results (or lack thereof)

sorry but I don't understand, send it to go by itself? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurome View Post
    sorry but I don't understand, send it to go by itself? How?
    In your room, from either its stand or from the wall console. Also Kressida and Franka don't start giving orders until you unlock Hard, but the Daily Order Operator (Purple hair in twin braids on the other side of the gate from Koffie) also gives out collection orders that your Support Partner can use.
    Mind that each time your SP goes out it will gain experience based on whether or not it successfully collected the item for the CO; if it fails, it gains little/no EXP. Also, you can complete regular quests with them as an NPC and it will increase their Friend level so you can give them more collection quests at a time, thus giving them more potential EXP.
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 21, 2015 at 11:09 AM.

thanks for help again Anduril! Anyway I'm lv 1 now too cuz of subclass, I was a ranger and switched gunner to main. I couldn't use gunner at first cuz of no weapons for this class. So we're both 1lv now xD