Default Subclass questions

So I'm already lvl 37 hunter and forgot about the subclass thing so I'm a bit late. So I was wondering, what subclass is the best for hunter? Is it fighter, does it matter which subclass I choose for a hunter? And I also heard that hunter sucks and I should do fighter/hunter instead of hunter/fighter. So what should I do, or what class/subclass choose?

No Hunter is quite good and fun currently. FI is mostly used as sub if you're going for pure damage, but some swear by BR. I recommend FI.

It better to main Fighter and sub Hunter in the end for more damage, unless you plan to use Swords (which requires Hunter main for Hunter Gear Boost).
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Techer could help boost our damage output and defense with its support skills, or maybe bouncer?

Hunter main doesn't suck. In fact, there are way more Hunters in Ultimate right now than Fighter main from what I'm seeing.

Fighter main also has to gimp their trees for Critical Strike, all the while not being able to access Hunter 13*s and have to absolutely swear on Limit Break (capping you at 1/4 of your health) to even justify these things. That, and the speed of the game demands that you have hunter gear boost especially for sword, and even partizan and wired lance sometimes. Just Guard PP is also a bit of a convenience if used right. I also dont recommend you watch time attack videos on youtube or anything since those quests aren't the real deal with pre-scripted mobs for convenient setups.

Subclasses of choice are Fighter, Bouncer, and Braver. Fighter is strongest and easiest sub, but hit enemies on the wrong side and you lose an entire stance. If there are other War Cry users in the MPA or players using attacks strong enough to get all aggro from you, this will annoy you a lot.

Bouncer comes second and has access to useful techs like zondeel and dual blades but requires you hit the enemy with the right element on your weapon (all the while dealing less potential damage than Fighter). Braver comes third, with interesting skills like Snatch JA Combo for some neat gameplay and access to katanas but their stances are the weakest since they require you to use charge PAs for their full effect (while HU has a lot of good non-charge PAs that will miss out).
    Since you're new, I recommend Fighter as sub. You can't one-shot XH goldrahda on non-weakpoint no matter what sub you pick, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    In fact, there are way more Hunters in Ultimate right now than Fighter main from what I'm seeing.
    Probably because most people are too scared to use Limit Break in UQs. LOL
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Probably because most people are too scared to use Limit Break in UQs. LOL
    I dont feel like reviving you 50 million times because you want an extra 20% dmg boost

It's actually more than 20%, with the other stuff, but whatever... Not like I even play Fighter.
    Characters