Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best way to level a new class?

So let's say I want to change main class or just to level another class, what is the best or fastest way to do it, since I don't have many stats or any good weapons, should I start from 0 and do all the quests or what?? I also don't have the important client orders that give a lot of XP that I had while leveling my first class so it will be harder by only grinding low lvl monsters. What is the fastest way to level a lvl1 class to something like 30 or idk. Thank you.

emergency quest + XP boost
    Last edited by Sinon; Apr 24, 2015 at 06:14 PM.

You'll want to play your main class until you reach the sub cap which is 55 iirc, so if the sub is at lv1 there's plenty of time until you reach 55 on it, since its exp is capped at 10%.

After that you should switch your main to the sub and play from there the same way you did with your main, so basically grinding all over again, except at a higher level than when you started with your main.

COs help immensely with that. Keep an eye out for multiple 30k orders that vary from Hans, Franka, Kressida and the DOs. XQ exp is quite good too so you can stack the exp quite fast.

You join EQ with EXP boosters and/or with triboost, especially falz arm since that quest gave fuckton of EXP! But don't ever think to join higher difficulty when your level not ready yet, since there's EXP penalty.

or when there's no EQ you can just grab and clear some high-level CO or DO, when you cant to report the order back just switch to the class that you want to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    You'll want to play your main class until you reach the sub cap which is 55 iirc, so if the sub is at lv1 there's plenty of time until you reach 55 on it, since its exp is capped at 10%.

After that you should switch your main to the sub and play from there the same way you did with your main, so basically grinding all over again, except at a higher level than when you started with your main.

COs help immensely with that. Keep an eye out for multiple 30k orders that vary from Hans, Franka, Kressida and the DOs. XQ exp is quite good too so you can stack the exp quite fast.
    Really useful. And btw, if I'm about to complete a high-xp-giving CO, should I change to my subclass as main so It gives it lots of xp?

That depends. Pay attention to the amount of exp the order will give, because some have a big exp penalty at lower levels. Some are not penalised so you can safely deliver them, but yeah it's much faster to level the sub that way.

However, if you go crazy on it, you may end up stuck with a lv55 sub while still needing to level your main, wasting all subclass exp.

Featured Dailies, come on people.

Force Feed that class Dailies/Recommended CO's, TACO's, XQCO's, Seasonal CO's, Franka's/Kressida's CO's. Just do that instead of being that asshole who comes in at LV75/LV1 Class Combo's on things like TD or Magatsu.

EQ's that are just mindless mob killings, either switch to that class and play on that diff or use 75% exp tickets during your SH or XH run.

Tried leveling Gunner and couldnt bear starting over, went full fuq dis, farm cm points in challenge, buy 15k exp tickets, skip level 1-45.
    Add franka and x99 daily quests plus the kill em all eqs with boosters,my GU is lv 55 so far, started yesterday, not played much either.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Tried leveling Gunner and couldnt bear starting over, went full fuq dis, farm cm points in challenge, buy 15k exp tickets, skip level 1-45.
    Add franka and x99 daily quests plus the kill em all eqs with boosters,my GU is lv 55 so far, started yesterday, not played much either.
    You mean to say you spent around 300k CM to level it up from 1-45? You'd roughly need 2,3m xp to get to that point, that is quite a lot of time invested doing challenger quests in that case... x153 15k xp tickets costs 2000 CM each lol