Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FO/TE BUILD HELP! Please review my build idea!

I've been reading up on this game for a while and am happy to finally get the chance to play after playing the first games so long ago. I've decided I want to play a FO/TE with my primary attacking elements of Light, Wind, and Lightning. My weapon of choice would be talis, and my mag would eventually be Monoceros. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated greatly! Thank you for your time. Also, I'm not sure how skill trees work, but how many skill trees do I have? Do I have enough skill points to make this work? Sorry for the dumb questions, I feel like such a noob.

Here is the link to my build-

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...0jdoIb0000000j

You only get one free Skill Tree per class.
    I think this build might be a bit better. Mind the amount of SP available in the simulator is assuming being lv75/75 having completed all the Client Orders that give a total of 12 extra SP.
    Shock boost is mostly useless since things tend to die too quickly for it to matter as a Fo/Te, JAs are super important since they boost damage quite a bit, T-ATK High Up is the only X-ATK boost that is worth its SP, Elemental Weak Hit goes hand in hand with Elemental Conversion, and PP Convert is an essential skill.
    Eventually, to get the full potential out of Fo/Te you're going to want to strive for a palette of 50% elemental weapons with their corresponding elemental tech boosting potentials. And just to let you know, Wind tends to not be that useful since the only enemies weak to it also have a weakness that is more common (Forest Natives are also weak to fire, and Bird Darkers are also weak to light)
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 28, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it =)

why d'you want monoceros mag?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
    why d'you want monoceros mag?
    Monoceros is a full T-ATK mag. Why wouldn't he want it?

Anduril build put is quite good. My only changes would be in force tree remove the point from charge escape and put in tais fast throw since you are going to use tail. And remove one point from photon flare and put Rare Mastery Force since it gives 30 r-atk and photon flare gives 20 t-atk for each point

oh ok, because the mag level in that calc bothered me a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
    oh ok, because the mag level in that calc bothered me a bit
    Oh wow. Didn't even notice that.

OPAC451, go for full T-ATK on your mag, no DEX, no T-DEF.

Quote Originally Posted by Edje View Post
    Anduril build put is quite good. My only changes would be in force tree remove the point from charge escape and put in tais fast throw since you are going to use tail. And remove one point from photon flare and put Rare Mastery Force since it gives 30 r-atk and photon flare gives 20 t-atk for each point
    I've tried Talis fast throw. It's...very meh. It's so fast that u will most likely miss your target area. To make it worst, it's a toggleable active skill, and FO already have subpalette limit issue xD

Charge escape is definitely more useful than talis fast throw, imo. And if using rod, take the skill below it for free tech cast after mirage.

One point removal from photon flare and put it into rare mastery Force is good tho.

In addition to this, TE side, remove 3 points from Shifta Advance, and put them into 2/10 and 1/10 Dark Masteries. Or, just remove all points from Shifta Advance and put it into Dark masteries (4/10 and 1/10). 13.4% Dark tech damage bonus is better than increasing what shifta Advance can do. At least your damage against dark weak enemies via Megidtech is increased abit.

To OP, even though you said your three main element is Lightning/Wind/Light, you generally want every type of FO weapon available (so fire/dark/ice), so you can take advantage of Element Conversion and Element Weak Hit.

I don't know why you want Lightning as main element (maybe Zandeon?), but Fire is better than it, especially now when UQ Lilipa machines are weak to Fire. My two FO chars is Fire/Wind/Dark and Fire/Wind/Light, and i don't find any usage of lightning tech so far (well, except for the popular Zondeel and Ilzonde for dashing stuff). Both chars are 75/75 too xD

Still tho, goodluck for your FOTE /o
    Last edited by KazukiQZ; Apr 28, 2015 at 06:00 PM.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Thanks for the replies everyone! Ok I'll go full T-Atk on my mag but I was just concerned with the DEX requirements I may have to meet. I was thinking that fast throw wouldn't be worth it because it only affects my main class FO. I was hoping to take advantage of being able to "throw" charged techs to where my talis lands. Talis can do that right? I thought they could lol.
    I thought that the extra points in shifta would increase my offense and would provide better support for team if I "throw" them.

I wanted to use Light and Wind more than Lightning because I like them better. I chose Lightning because I didn't want to rely on the common Fire element for damage, although I know that fire is the top damage dealer. I would have prefered Lightning, or Ice over Fire, although I know that there aren't many enemies weak to Ice. If its really that much more efficient to take up Fire over Lightning and Ice, I'll do it since I can still keep Light and Wind.

One more thing, do I need multiple skill trees for multiple elements?