Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    It would be great to see everything OP, because then it becomes a game of finding out what's the best for each situation with a lot of choices. I don't think the "you can use anything and be good" type of balance is ever actually possible, but to give everything a proper use would be super cool.
    oh that's what you mean

a balanced setting is much better at doing that on top of retaining challenge for the players
    but it's a lost cause for this game
    hi

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    All weapons get new PAs every now and then, techs users didn't get new ones since... ilzan? not to mention that most classes use at least two weapons, tech users secondary weapon has the same Photon Arts. For me receiving combination techs is the parity tech users needed in comparison to the rest of the classes that got two per weapon in the last year.
    No. Just no.

Each weapon category has ~10s PA at most. DBs and JBs have notably less. Tech users have 7 techs per element, and can use up to 3 elements at their highest potential at the same time as Fo/Te, or make them all more than serviceable against enemies weak to them as Fo/Br with weak stance.

Zandeon, and especially fomelgion did not need to happen. FOs were already on the border/crossed the line of being the strongest all-around class in game sans WB before they got combination techs. They did not need this. Now in ult lilipa, most people get to watch 44k+ ticks of fomelgion with zanverse/megiverse in front of it or, zondeel -> gifoie, and wonder why they play anything but Fo.

Combination techs didn't even anything up. They put Fos so far above and beyond that it's not even funny. They get fomelgion while DBs get immortal dove. That is a terrible joke.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jun 15, 2015 at 01:18 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I wonder how long combination techs were in development for. I could see them happening in Episode 2 -- while FO was good, they weren't really that far ahead of everything (Ranger and Braver could easily keep up), but after Episode 3 happened, they did not need to happen...

Personally, I've always found Fo/Te to be boring and repetitive.
    I can only stand playing Fo/Te for a short while. Although, I probably feel the same way about all class combinations.

Abilities that are accessible only after intervals of time, such as "building up a bar to unleash a super attack" are usually there to distract from repetition and create variation.
    I'm pretty sure that's what the combination Techs are there for.

If they're too strong, that's just a matter of SEGA having the damage values too high.
    Or that it's possible to build the bar up super quick. I don't really like that the speed of the bar goes up depending on damage dealt.
    It means that if you're OP, you will be more OP. It should be a little more... regulated?
    For example, going up based on number of cast Techs that successfully hit.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jun 15, 2015 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Or that it's possible to build the bar up super quick. I don't really like that the speed of the bar goes up depending on damage dealt.
    I thought it went up based on number of hits. I find I raise it faster using multi hit techs and in situations where I can one or twoshot mobs regularly it goes up slower. Or is it both?

Looking at the announcements about difficulty balancing, it's disappointing to see that SEGA still has no idea why people hate XH.

First of all, it's not that people are finding XH 'hard', it's that XH is a drag because enemy HP is so high. The battle system is not exhilarating when you have to spam PAs multiple times just to clean up trash mobs. Exit bursts in VHAQs were fun because the enemies melted and you could respawn kill. XHAQ is like wading through molasses.

Secondly, it's not a problem of gear. Even with 60-element Ares weapons the jump in enemy HP between SH and XH is too high relative to the increase in player DPS.

Finally, with a few exceptions (Magatsu), the rewards for XH are just not worth it. Nobody cares about 12-stars, it's worse for leveling, etc.

Compound tech gauge building is based on damage, but multiple weaker hits build faster than one strong hit.
    Comparing Gifoie and Rafoie, the Gifoie will built it faster provided you actually get your multiple hits in.

Also, Homing Emission revival, hell yes.

So, are they not done the PSO 1 costumes yet?
    (Like, as in, done making them?)

They showed HUne & HUm when they first teased the PSO1 stuff like P2 team lobby and Gal Gryphon. But everyone's already seen them, so they're expecting people surprise showing the same thing over again in this video too? Now, they're being encouraging by showing the whole art for ALL the PSO1 costumes, like, are they really saying "We'll make all these"?

Then, what is this scare about not being able to get them unless you are in Japan?
    I know their goofy café stuff, but SERIOUSLY? These are the costumes EVERYONE wants. Will I be able to spend money in the USA to get these? The non-sellable, non-tradeable status is also completely horrible. What other costumes are unable to be sold? What is the point of making people unable to spend money to get your product?

Literally. LITERALLY the ONLY thing I have wanted out of costumes from DAY ONE of this game has been the HUcast suit. Why? Because it was the ONLY character that didn't get some PSO2 makeover outfit to start with. They just tossed the whole 'robo ninja' thing to the curb while giving everyone else pso1-esque or inspired starter outfits. HUcaseal got hit a bit too, she was a no frills ninja too. (Notice how default HUcaseal hair and RAcaseal Elenor heads were in there from the getgo, but no RAc or HUc equivalent)

I can't wait to see these costumes back in action.
    I will 100% spend money if I have to.
    Plz someone let me buy HUcast

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Looking at the announcements about difficulty balancing, it's disappointing to see that SEGA still has no idea why people hate XH.

First of all, it's not that people are finding XH 'hard', it's that XH is a drag because enemy HP is so high. The battle system is not exhilarating when you have to spam PAs multiple times just to clean up trash mobs. Exit bursts in VHAQs were fun because the enemies melted and you could respawn kill. XHAQ is like wading through molasses.

Secondly, it's not a problem of gear. Even with 60-element Ares weapons the jump in enemy HP between SH and XH is too high relative to the increase in player DPS.

Finally, with a few exceptions (Magatsu), the rewards for XH are just not worth it. Nobody cares about 12-stars, it's worse for leveling, etc.
    If this is the announcement you're on about: http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=6291

Seems like the first line there admits that durability is an issue, but also seems to think that the solution is to make 12*s easier to obtain. .-.

Pretty much agree with the entire post though, XH enemies have too much HP. It's particularly noticeable in the Mining Base quests. Weirdly I don't tend to mind the durability of Ultimate enemies despite the fact they tend to have a lot more HP than their XH counterparts, but that may be in part due to how aggressive the enemies are and their new move-sets. I mean XH is mechanically speaking exactly the same as SH as far as I can tell, only with around 300% more HP. They're still their old sluggish selves they just hang around longer. Otherwise I'm not really sure why I feel this way.