Default ESO to PS4, excited?

Topic?

I'm glad for all those who do own consoles that they can finally experience MMOs now, especially at a more comfortable time table as the game no longer requires a sub. You can even experience everything the game has to offer much like PSO2 without getting a sub. That, to me, is really great.

I'm tapped out of TESO atm, though. There's no real reason for me to go back to it until the next major overhaul that adds replayability to the game while also focusing on fixing existing problems the game has (i.e. the long, boring trek through each alliance's zones on every character you have in Veteran Ranks).

Meh. It's still here on my PC, and now I can play it whenever I feel like. I like that.

I would play it more often if I was into the competitive aspect of it with raiding, but it's never really appealed to me the way a good number of other RPGs have with rankings, honestly.

Played the game since beta and a few months after release, was meh at the best.

Only thing that was interesting to me are the random anchors and the fact that PvP is a war between 3 faction instead of the typical 2 or even number. Zerg fest is ignorable since fighting off a siege or doing one is pretty fun. Never gotten into raiding, most are either medicore/ok at best and lag can be a real problem.

Still see no reason to get it on my PS4 since PC can micromange better. Even after sub dropped I still have no motivation to go back........yet.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; May 20, 2015 at 02:20 AM.

It's ok to be cautiously excited. And if ESO is not so great, there's still Heavensward to look forward to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbvv0rgrT4k

Though what to do if I happen to really like ESO also.

Stick with Tera Online if you want a better Action based combat style MMO, Guild Wars 2 if you want a better endgame PvP, or FFXIV/WoW if you want just a better MMO period.

ESO was disappointing in the Beta and yet people convinced to buy it when it came out saying that it got better. I figured "well it worked for FFXIV getting better" but it didn't It was the same boring game where the games I mentioned do better. And each of those games overall package blows away what ESO contains. And if PS4 is your only gaming option, FFXIV is vastly better than this game will ever be.
    Last edited by RuneLateralus; May 26, 2015 at 12:01 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RuneLateralus View Post
    Stick with Tera Online if you want a better Action based combat style MMO, Guild Wars 2 if you want a better endgame PvP, or FFXIV/WoW if you want just a better MMO period.

ESO was disappointing in the Beta and yet people convinced to buy it when it came out saying that it got better. I figured "well it worked for FFXIV getting better" but it didn't It was the same boring game where the games I mentioned do better. And each of those games overall package blows away what ESO contains. And if PS4 is your only gaming option, FFXIV is vastly better than this game will ever be.
    While I feel FFXIV will still be the better MMORPG, that is rather biased to believe no one could
    enjoy ESO, especially console gamers that aren't so picky with what they are playing.

Even if Tera Online came to PS4, I sure wouldn't be interested in playing it compared to ESO,
    Different tastes, I guess, but some that didn't like the beta of ESO actually like the Tamriel Unlimited version.

These days, FFXI Online can be considered "boring" but there are those that like that atmosphere of MMO. I think ESO can earn a lot of praise from those that want an mmorpg
    that isn't so over the top and appreciate its humble qualities.

ESO has no CD key and no fee, so people that wanna try it can at least play it for the solo content and a fresh world to gradually explore.

there are as many positive quotes as there are negative quotes about ESO on the official
    boards, so it has to be something good for some people that like that flavor.

And ESO has some things that FFXIV doesn't have, like public dungeons (something FFXI fans
    would prefer over locking dungeons to instanced group duty finder play only, making the world feel more detached than it should.) and more freedom with its class roles, equipment and skill builds.

This is the core of the reason. The game came out of beta into full launch, still in beta. Maybe even alpha. The game at launch was a bug filled, glitched up, half broken, and for a lot of people unplayable, mess. Add to that that it was an MMO that had significant problems with co-oping things, a very static and lifeless world (this is the area that's had the most improvement imho) and the fact they had the gall to not only charge full price for that mess, but demand a monthly sub on top of it.

The game now, that it's had nearly a year of work put into it post launch mess, is actually pretty great. As someone who played the first few months post launch, and have recently came back with the sub removal, I can say without a doubt if THIS is the way the game launched, that negative rep it has wouldn't be there.
    Just wondering why people are complaining this much.

I play this game in 3rd person(in hectic battles) but mostly in first person with my FOV slider all to the max.
    And i must say it works really well.

How can people say this game doesn't feel like an elder scrolls game?
    Maybe they should play in first person more (might be a bit getting used to)
    but i feel that it draws you into the experience much more.

With the loss of subsciption fees and the justice system (with stealing and all).
    Its a really great game. I've played Guild Wars 1+2 and WoW for some time. But ESO is keeping my interest and fun factor much higher then those other 2.

Especially the combat in this is great.
    I must admit i play this mostly solo but because of that it doesn't feel much different then a skyrim. (im playing ebonheart pact).
    But once i see a stranger i work together with them most of the time while in dungeons.
    in the last few ES games there were no classes AT ALL just a bunch of skill trees..

In this game you have unbelievable freedom of choice for how to build ESPECIALLY for an mmo. The class doesn't restrict your stat allocation or gear equips, and the 3 trees within each classes ARE the subclasses.

With this setup you can mix and match any subclass skill with any PAIR of weapon trees, giving you two hotbars with two different weapons with skill entirely to your choosing.

In an MMO, ROLES are extremely important for tough team based activities.

The difference between ESO and oher MMOs is you have freedom to achieve those roles outside of traditional classes based on how you build it.

Nightblade Siphon heavy tank? Yes that's a thing, just because your nightblade doesn't mean you are a burst assassin dps.

Templar vamp/wolf hunter? Yes that's a thing.

Draco knight CC suport? Sure.

Sorcerer Daedric Summoner Knight? Mhm.

Throw the crafting trees in the mix and it adds a whole new dimension of complexity. You would not believe how huge of an affect custom gear/potions/food has.

I am probably going to get this game. After playing so much Phantasy Star, I've come to realize I need something that has a more active combat system. This seems to be a bit slow paced but I'm willing to give it a shot. Don't like their P2P model but oh well.

I picked up Final Fantasy XIV again and I realized why I quit in the first place. I was literally just looking at my commands and their cool downs while doing a rotation of attacks and spells. I would only look at the creatures when I had to change targets. Super boring. Tanking made it even more boring. I feel like everyone wants to be a healer or DPS too so I never really go for those.
    Last edited by neilp4453; May 28, 2015 at 04:44 PM.
    GT: X xi ReaveR x X

I feel like everyone wants to be a healer

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by neilp4453 View Post
    I am probably going to get this game. After playing so much Phantasy Star, I've come to realize I need something that has a more active combat system. This seems to be a bit slow paced but I'm willing to give it a shot. Don't like their P2P model but oh well.

I picked up Final Fantasy XIV again and I realized why I quit in the first place. I was literally just looking at my commands and their cool downs while doing a rotation of attacks and spells. I would only look at the creatures when I had to change targets. Super boring. Tanking made it even more boring. I feel like everyone wants to be a healer or DPS too so I never really go for those.
    well Im kinda used to FFXIV combat, but yes its too slow paced and linear for some tastes,
    and ESO combat looks in some ways better and more hands on with the action, kind of like a TES
    from TES IV onward. I heard the only big difference between ESO and TES combat is that
    ESO requires locking on to an enemy you wanna attack, which is really no big deal, and if it has
    decent target cycling like FFXIV, then its easy to get used to.

with ESO combat, people look like they can block and evade in realtime, like a TES
    that's more about realistic fighting instead of being too dependant on stats and cooldowns for just about everything.

if I don't like ESO that much, there's still FFXIV Heavensward, Dark Knight is going to be more awesome, and leveling tanks in a new world, I found more appreciation and interest in tanking,
    and no not just because its faster for duty finder.

I think Dark Knight is going to be the Ninja of tanking. Really cool and enough depth to keep it interesting.

As for ESO, there are different builds I'm interested in, I would really pla ESO for the exploring,
    story and solo play, kinda like a TES.