Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    I dunno why you'd wand whack as a Te/Fo (since it's just Fo/Te but with way less damage and Shifta Strike) since you could just use multi-class rods, but eh, some people wanna melee with Techer main.

Te/Fo really is bad though, not just because it's not Fo/Te, but also because it isn't Te/Br. Was talking with Z-0 the other day and he surprised me by rating Te/Br as the second best class in the game (tied with Ra/Hu, inferior to Fo/Te, superior to Fi/Hu) for general purposes. Knew Te/Br was the best Techer main combination already, but didn't think it was so much more amazing than the other classes. But it makes sense since it has an incredible combination of mobbing, bossing, and versatility, which are all the things Fo/Te is regarded as being top tier for. So the way I see it, going Te/Fo is sacrificing the best two classes in the game for what amounts to a weaker Force that can Shifta Strike. That's really the only advantage it has.

Which actually is kinda useful for TAs from what I gather (for when Te/Br isn't preferable, which is basically fire/lightning areas), but otherwise it's pretty useless.
    Fair enough. This just reminds me how much I dislike seeing the element masteries split between two classes, let alone existing at all. It's like weapon gears costing 20-30 points. >_>

My favorite part about elemental mastery skills is that Brave Stance is 50% to every element for the same cost as maxing a single element, and also applies to striking and ranged attacks. Its only penalty is not letting you use Wise Stance, which isn't a penalty at all.

But inter-class balance has never been Sega's strong suit it seems.

When it comes to TeFo, it's a solid class to take for certain things where FO works, but TE doesn't work as well, and you want to give your party Strike (eg: TD is the best example of this).

You play TeFo exactly like a FO though.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    When it comes to TeFo, it's a solid class to take for certain things where FO works, but TE doesn't work as well, and you want to give your party Strike (eg: TD is the best example of this).

You play TeFo exactly like a FO though.
    Yeah, that's what I had in mind.
    I'm not versed enough to know what those things would be though.

I think deciding on element mastery depends on:
    - Playstyle. What you feel you like most, and probably whether you mostly solo or play in parties.
    - Available equipment. You need a good weapon for the mastery you pick.
    - Tech customization. The good customizations are important.
    - The rest of the stuff you picked for your skills, I guess.

I just main Fire or Ice. I use Ra Grants on bosses weak to light. Ra Zan for knocking enemies down.
    Ice feels like it has more utility/easier to use in more situations, both short and long.
    I think fire is more for short battles, but you can always regenerate via Gunslash or something.

Anyway, those are just my personal impressions.