Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it worth getting premium solely for Premium Blocks?

Incoming rant.

So, I have a question in regards to premium and premium blocks, is it worth getting just for that alone? I've recently been doing XH EQs and I've been utterly convinced that B18 onwards are filled with players that simply are under geared or have no idea what they're doing. For the past two weeks, doing MD3s and Magatsu's on XH have been nothing but colossal failures left and right, bosses regularly escaping at the end of MD3 waves, 2 towers left by wave 4, and failing to even burn Magatsu's mask off on the first stun from the cannons. It happens all the time for me and it's really killing my enjoyment of the game which I've only started 3 months ago. I don't remember the last time I ever even got access to fighting Magatsu Sai.

I'm not exaggerating on this at all neither, hell I inspected a 75/53 player (out of pure curiosity as to why he was dying so much) during a fight vs. Apios Dorios that was wearing non-extended 3* units. Not with Lucky Rise affixes or anything good neither, just filled with shitty random affixes like Body I and React I, having no rhyme or reason and as you would imagine, was lying on the ground the majority of the fight. That single fight on XH lasted 20 minutes, like, for real? Is this the norm on XH?

I'd like to think that I'm well geared enough as a non-premium user to contribute in XH (75/75 Bo/Hu, Ex. 11, Lv 3 Potential 7* weapons and +10 11* Fahren Units), so why is it that I see players running around like the 3* unit twat? I'm usually not one to complain and hawk over other players like some sort of pseudo elitist, everyone should be naturally self sufficient, but seeing this on XH is appalling.

As soon as I hit XH, it's been nothing but terrible MPAs for me that have had various EQs that involve bosses or even a slight inkling of teamwork result in the aforementioned ways. I know it's a luck of the draw when it comes to getting a good MPA anywhere, that goes without saying, but are the premium/usually filled blocks regularly more successful in your experience? I'm not trying to start controversy or arguments, so please bottle those urges when you post, it's just a question from a frustrated player.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; May 17, 2015 at 12:02 PM.

If you feel it is important enough to get into those higher blocks, then sure. You then also just happen to get the extra perks of Premium. Ultimately, this is a personal question since it is up to you to decide whether or not this perk is worth the monetary cost.

That said, I do usually get more successful EQs in the higher blocks, but even then it can vary since anyone can get premium and take up the space, not to mention the people who camp there waiting for EQs.

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

Just because you get into the higher blocks doesn't means you get a good mpa, its still luck of the draw. Premium space is also not the big motivator as much as it granting the ability to trade for passes.

I would say it is worth it for premium blocks and trade.

Well getting into a good MPA is still RNG, but there are way better chances to get into a good one the higher the block you're in. There's a reason why you'll see people spamming the teleporter before high risk high reward EQ like Magatsu and TD3.

Quote Originally Posted by emeraude View Post
    Well getting into a good MPA is still RNG, but there are way better chances to get into a good one the higher the block you're in. There's a reason why you'll see people spamming the teleporter before high risk high reward EQ like Magatsu and TD3.
    I find it hard to believe because I've had better MPAs in lower blocks than in higher blocks.
    Sig is 1,324.5 KB, reduce to 49kb.
    People have 50KB+ sig images, and mine gets cut. Legit

YMMV of course, I can't speak for everyone, but for me (I play on Ship 2), there is usually a big difference between XH Magatsu MPAs on say, B23 compared to B16.

QueenBitchoftheUniverse NotRankin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shunx View Post
    I find it hard to believe because I've had better MPAs in lower blocks than in higher blocks.
    Funny, I've had better MPAs in higher blocks than in lower blocks.

@OP, Yes. Easily. The ability to trade for passes is just a slight bonus. Trading isnt as good imo, but is still nice, the shop/room are ok, not as good imo, cause of the abundance of passes I get from FUN which will probably never be used except to turn into arks badges for triboots (seriously, I just turned 60 shop passes into those :I ). But yea, it's worth it, it's pretty much the only reason I get it.
    Last edited by NotRankin; May 17, 2015 at 01:12 PM.

Higher blocks will always give you a better chance at a good/decent MPA. It also depends on the time. For example. If you are in B15 during Japanese players peak time you have like a 99% chance of getting a decent MPA meaning you will get atleast 3 magatsu runs no questions asked.

I usually get the full 4 runs in when playing in B15 during Japanese playing hours.

Another thing is that I like to actually join pre-made japanese games. I feel that when I do this I tend to be the only gaijin in the whole mpa.

As long as you don't suck they don't care if you join their parties

anyone who paid for PSO or PSU can just justify it by saying that they paid a similar amount to "get into blocks" also

but more seriously, it's not too bad to do it for the blocks only... the shop is definitely the most useful thing though. i don't really care about the drink, extra client orders, room, or the FUN points bonus that the game feels the need to sneakily remind me about to make sure I keep getting premium

and if you only get premium once the usual strategy is to get enough 10/11 star passes while it's active

finally, i guess it's good to support the game if you like it
    Last edited by Kiyokaze; May 17, 2015 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by picogenkaku View Post
    Being OP is optional.