Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I dunno, I think XH Luther is how Luther should have been.
    It's much more interesting in terms of strategy, action and reaction.
    But a battle being lengthy doesn't necessarily mean it's more difficult.
    There's a line where it just becomes repetitive.

As a game designer, you don't want players to be so strong that they kill bosses before bosses have time to act (eg. what happens to bosses like Ragne in every multi).
    But you also don't want to bore everyone by making the encounter last forever (which can also be the result of not having the right stats/gear/setup).
    It's easier to control that kind of situation in games/modes that don't rely so heavily on highly varied progression mechanics like stats, equipment, etc.
    Challenge Quest is probably a good example of an easy to control situation, because everyone will always have roughly the same level and gear options.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 19, 2015 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I dunno, I think XH Luther is how Luther should have been.
    It's much more interesting in terms of strategy, action and reaction.
    But a battle being lengthy doesn't necessarily mean it's more difficult.
    There's a line where it just becomes repetitive.

As a game designer, you don't want players to be so strong that they kill bosses before bosses have time to act (eg. what happens to bosses like Ragne in every multi).
    But you also don't want to bore everyone by making the encounter last forever.
    It's easier to control that kind of situation in games/modes that don't rely so heavily on progression, (ie. Challenge Quest).
    i think my issue is its a one and done battle with how short it feels at 5 mins.. doesnt even give luther a chance to use his full arsenal which is sad because xh luther is much better than sh luther

kill him once and thats it.. unless u do that multi char thing

I think spotting bad players isn't that hard.

First off if they are foreigners that can be a good indication of being a bad player. This is not a steriotype either. Sadly it's the truth. Are all foreign players bad? NO! But a good chunk of them are. Also, bad equips pretty much means they are bad too.

Another big sign of a bad player is when a good player tries to share good advice with them, but instead they end up getting butthurt and start flaming you or start calling you names because you simply offered advice to better them.

Bad Players tend to talk a lot during gameplay meaning during TA's and such. An example of this would be a player randomly asking questions and just randomly chitchatting during TA runs.

A few weeks ago I made a TA PT in B31 and 2 JP players joined me along with a "baka gaijin" the gaijin would not stop talking mid runs and just simply slowing everything down. One of the JP players was kind enough to do his best to answer his scrubby questions as best as he could since his english was bad.

He did this through out nab1 and 2 starting lilipia TA I booted his ass because he was just slowing us down. He was also by far the weakest player in the PT. Booting him sped everything up.

Lastly I did mention gear earlier but didn't go into detail.

No one should really have shit gear anymore. 4/5 slot 10* units are ultra cheap now days you don't even need to make it yourself. I constantly see decent 10* units that have all the 4 major affixes to them for like 2-4 mill each! There's no excuse for having shit equips.

Instead of buying that 20M hair style use that to get some decent equips. A decent 11* weapon and a decent set of 4 slot 10* units will go a very long way. You don't need the top tier 13* weapons or top tier 11* units to be good.

@Falco
    I guess that's a problem with the stupid EQ system.
    I complained about it and gave some suggestions in the enquete.

I told them that most people have a ton of characters, so they try to rush kill bosses.
    During EQs, people flood blocks and that causes lag.
    I said that what they should do is extend the EQ time to at least an hour, and give people a set number of runs per EQ, like Magatsu or PSO2es' Operation Point system.
    That way, people could take their time and there'd be less pressure to rush.
    But then there's still the problem of boost tickets ticking away. They ought to do away with those too, but I forgot to complain about them.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 19, 2015 at 09:00 PM.

To add to the list of bad players though:

- Sets Autoword/Symbol Chat on death, dies and pops up a speech bubble to block WB aim every 30 seconds, then complains about lack of WB.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    @Falco
    I guess that's a problem with the stupid EQ system.
    I complained about it and gave some suggestions in the enquete.

I told them that most people have a ton of characters, so they try to rush kill bosses.
    During EQs, people flood blocks and that causes lag.
    I said that what they should do is extend the EQ time to at least an hour, and give people a set number of runs per EQ, like Magatsu or PSO2es' Operation Point system.
    That way, people could take their time and there'd be less pressure to rush.
    But then there's still the problem of boost tickets ticking away. They ought to do away with those too, but I forgot to complain about them.
    good points.. its fairly obvious the eq system is bleh.. endgame content you cannot play except when sega says so is just ugh why

BLOCK01
    L
    O
    C
    K

You guys are taking the opportunity to complain about behaviors you (justifiably) dislike to see in other players, but the thread is about how to evaluate oneself.

Doesn't talk during a mission or coordinate a strategy when dealing with enemies
    How they dress (focuses more on fashion than the actual gameplay)
    Scatters enemies with PA's that blowaway/launch enemies. Or launches enemies that can teleport when launched into the air.
    Use Over Powered PA's and chain breaks early.
    Die too often and have no idea how the game mechanics work.
    Last edited by Noblewine; May 19, 2015 at 09:12 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I think it's okay to use death symbol art/cut-ins as long as you're not constantly dying.
    If I feel like my AWs are getting in people's way, I just turn them off.

@Xaeris
    Well, in my case I know the things I listed are issues that negatively impact myself and others, so I already avoid doing them.

@Noblewine
    I dunno about that fashion thing. I'm very fussy about how my characters look, but I'm still a pretty good player.
    In fact, I think it's natural for people to be concerned about how they or their avatar looks. Doesn't mean they can't play well at the same time.
    I understand you're trying to easily distinguish between players who don't know how to play because they only play dressup, but it's not so visibly simple or obvious.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 19, 2015 at 09:13 PM.